Jose Calderon on "All-No Defense" Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Calderon on "All-No Defense" Team

But I do know who I don’t want guarding a big-time scorer in a clutch situation:

FIRST TEAM
    Derek Fisher, PG, Lakers
    Jose Calderon, PG, Raptors
    Peja Stojakovic, SF, Hornets
    Charlie Villanueva, SF/PF, Pistons
    Carlos Boozer, PF/C, Jazz
    DimeMag.com

So true...

so i guess Calderon to the Lakers wouldnt be so bad then (for the lakers)
    they get an equally bad defender and a better offensive player than their current PG

Comment

Fisher's defense was so non-existent against Westbrook in the last playoff series that Jackson put Kobe on Westbrook.

Kobe is getting older. I doubt that the Lakers want another Fisher.

In addition you don't need a point guard dishing out assists in the Triangle offense. The Lakers Fisher doesn't and the Bulls with Jackson and Michael didn't have high assist point guard.

So all Calderon would give the Lakers that Fisher doesn't is shooting. However, Fisher is the Lakers glue guy, not Kobe. Believe it.

In the last game vs the Jazz a fight almost broke out and it was Fisher that pulled the Lakers into a huddle to calm them down. No way that Calderon does that. Plus Fisher has more toughness in the baby finger of his left hand than Calderon has in whole body.

That doesn't mean that Calderon doesn't try. He gives as much effort as anyone. However, ask yourself this. If you got into a fight would you want Calderon on Fisher at your side?
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bargnani was robbed!!!!
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
          Bargnani was robbed!!!!
          +1
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I would put bargnani before boozer just cause of the boards ALONE (i know not technically defense but still... defensive rebounding is a part of defense

Comment

Is Boozer really that bad? Yikes good luck to ever lands that prize.

Isn't Utah a good defensive team, maybe the author is a UNC Cavs fan.

Comment

We need to start calling Jose by his nickname: "The Matador".

It is the gracefulness by which opponents drive effortlessly through Calderon's guard that is the Spanish equivalent of the eloquence by which a Matador is able to skillfully allow a bull to run past him untouched.
                Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu May 6, 2010, 01:44 AM.
                RR OG

Comment

Boozer? Haven't seen too many Jazz games, but I didn't know he was that bad. Guess he's paying the price for being undersized. Agreed on Bargnani being there, maybe his man-defense saved him, but I'd at least have him on the second team but they chose David Lee.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani was robbed!!!!
                    If we're talking "help" defense then yes, but not one-on-one. He's pretty decent there. Definitely not worthy of "all-no defense" status in my opinion. And this is coming from one of his biggest critics.

Comment

Bargnani needs to learn how to box out players, when he figures how to do that it will also help increase his rebounding numbers as well.

Comment

I located another version of the NBA no-defense team

My 3rd annual NBA No-Defense Team, starring Turkoglu, Maggette and Jeff Green
                        FIRST TEAM/

* No-Defense Player of the Year: Hedo Turkoglu, Toronto.
                        Welcome to the instigator of this year’s Eyeball Test theme.

This season, I watched three or four Toronto games, almost from beginning to end. And each time that I saw a heavy, lead-footed, non-rotating large man dressed in a Raptors jersey, I thought, “When did Swen Nater get traded to Toronto and why is he playing at age 60?”

Oh, wait, that wasn’t Nater.

That was Turkoglu, who used to be a decent defensive player. And yet each time I saw him this year–his first in Toronto–I thought he was decidedly slower and more disinterested even than Andrea Bargnani, and that is saying something.

Turkoglu’s periphals aren’t good–Toronto gave up 116.1 points per 100 possessions when he played, and 111.9 when he didnt–but Bargnani’s are worse.

Still Turkoglu, to my eyes, was the foundation and personification of the Raptors’ defensive listness this season. He waddled around out there, let dribblers through, didn’t contest, stopped dead when he met a screen, didn’t get back in transition… he was awful.

The Raps have been bad on D for a while. It’s just that I thought Toronto stopped trying about mid-season, and my eyeballs tell me that Turkoglu was at the heart of that.

Plus, I made up my mind early on that, to honor the Raptors or Warriors’ season-long defensive surrender, the 2010 NDPOY had to come from one of those two rosters

Congratulations, Hedo.
                        comp article on link

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...nd-jeff-green/

Comment

Working...
                        X