Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Health & Wellness

Raptors Republic Superstar Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Health & Wellness

Thought I'd start a health thread.

If you guys could, maybe chime in with some workouts, healthy recipes, lifestyle stuff etc. Interested to see what people are up to and I'm looking forward to some healthy recipe ideas. I'm sick of chicken stir frys.

Also, my workouts are boring, and although there is a million of them on the internet most of them suck or aren't practical so if you're doing something cool at the gym let us know.

2. Like Apollo liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a windows phone and it has msn health app. really good for choosing workouts.

i usually change my diet every 4 months or so between a low carb diet, a high fiber diet and a mediterranean diet.

Post Thanks / Like

if you really want to keep the weight off and not have to do exercise the crack cocaine is probably the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Body Beast

This: https://www.youtube.com/embed/mb6nM326ZRs

Along with these:

http://www.bowflexselecttech.ca/bowf...a/products.jsp

Toss in a yoga mat and a folding chair as well.

... And eating the right foods and the right quantity will lead to big gains. Been doing body beast now for a month and I'd imagine I've gained about 3-4 lbs of muscle. There is a nutrition book included and they keep it simple. Its a great way to learn about body building and required nutrition without seeing a trainer or doing a course or doing a bunch of independent research.

I'm also a two time P90X graduate but Body Beast is the way to go for home workouts in my view because the workouts are typically 30-40 minutes. I think it leads to better results unless your sole goal is to get ripped and you don't care about adding mass.

In my opinion, if you have a space for it, working out at home is far better than going to a gym: No commute, no dealing with the elements, no waiting on equipment, etc. All the gear I use only takes up a small amount of space.

I also supplement with creatine, fish oil and whey protein powder and this is pretty standard stuff. A lot of the other supplements don't really do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

directions for cooking crack aren't allowed to be posted?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think? Have any advice on how to commit other crimes as well?

Post Thanks / Like

i just thought the ccp were strict

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't like me deleting "how to" take illegal hardcore drugs tutorials posted in a health thread then by all means file a complaint with the other guys. I'm doing this based on my own judgement but we all usually go by consensus. If they think I'm wrong for deleting those posts then I'll restore them in all their trolling off topic glory.

Also let's cut the crap with the fascist references every time something gets moderated around here. If you want an unmoderated experience then go somewhere else. It'll take you a while but I'm sure eventually you'll find the cesspool you desire.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If you don't like me deleting "how to" take illegal hardcore drugs tutorials posted in a health thread then by all means file a complaint with the other guys. I'm doing this based on my own judgement but we all usually go by consensus. If they think I'm wrong for deleting those posts then I'll restore them in all their trolling off topic glory.

Also let's cut the crap with the fascist references every time something gets moderated around here. If you want an unmoderated experience then go somewhere else. It'll take you a while but I'm sure eventually you'll find the cesspool you desire.
    Actually a "how to" on taking illegal drugs could be considered a positive health message. Better to know the right way to do it, like you know, not sharing needles or properly sterilizing needles you do share (if that's even possible). Or understanding what forms of what are less likely to be impure and/or dangerous. You know, trying to minimize the harm you do to yourself. Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, like I said. I can be vetoed if you make a convincing case. I guess it comes down to how badly you need to see a post about hardcore drugs in a health discussion thread.

12. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting CLEAN bulk up diet on Monday.. So any big and healthy meal ideas would be appreciated.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

14. Like Apollo liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, like I said. I can be vetoed if you make a convincing case. I guess it comes down to how badly you need to see a post about hardcore drugs in a health discussion thread.
    Oh I definitely don't care that much, but there is a place somewhere for a discussion on "how to" about drugs, and obviously other harm reduction related aspects of drug use. Maybe not the right thread here though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a question for you health guys.

How can i feel full without eating as much as i do?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Snooch wrote: View Post

Eat high fiber foods, drink your water and don't forget about protein.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Post Thanks / Like

find the leafy green you like and eat it in bulk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

thx guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I'm starting CLEAN bulk up diet on Monday.. So any big and healthy meal ideas would be appreciated.
    Well one thing to help you along for sure is a good daily smoothie post workout. You could try my favorite right now:

1 cup chocolate milk
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (25-30 grams of protein)
    1 banana
    1 cup of ice
    1 teaspoon of coconut oil
    1 teaspoon of creatine

Big meals? I like chili or pasta sauce loaded with ground turkey or beef, along with a lot of veg. Mornings I have two-four eggs(I don't eat all the yolks), another protein or a bowl of oatmeal, some toast and a cup of juice or a piece of fruit.

A big steak, veggies and a baked potato loaded with sour cream and other toppers is one of my favorites as well. I really enjoy bulking. I hate cutting. I don't buy fast food hardly ever.

I'm also no nutrition expert. I think body beast's meal plan is online and is helpful. I know P90X's meal plan is online for sure and is really helpful. They have sections in regards to bulking. Basically it helps you calculate how much you can eat per day based on your body, level of activity and goals.

Quote Snooch wrote: View Post

No one mentioned it but I find coffee makes me less hungry. This is no good at night for obvious reasons though.

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Oh I definitely don't care that much, but there is a place somewhere for a discussion on "how to" about drugs, and obviously other harm reduction related aspects of drug use. Maybe not the right thread here though.
    From what I read his post would be helpful to people just starting out at fostering an addiction.

21. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well one thing to help you along for sure is a good daily smoothie post workout. You could try my favorite right now:

1 cup chocolate milk
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (25-30 grams of protein)
    1 banana
    1 cup of ice
    1 teaspoon of coconut oil
    1 teaspoon of creatine

Big meals? I like chili or pasta sauce loaded with ground turkey or beef, along with a lot of veg. Mornings I have two-four eggs(I don't eat all the yolks), another protein or a bowl of oatmeal, some toast and a cup of juice or a piece of fruit.

A big steak, veggies and a baked potato loaded with sour cream other toppers is on of my favorites as well. I really enjoy bulking. I hate cutting. I don't buy fast food hardly ever.

I'm also no nutrition expert. I think body beast's meal plan is online and is helpful. I know P90X's meal plan is online for sure and is really helpful. They have sections in regards to bulking. Basically it helps you calculate how much you can eat per day based on your body, level of activity and goals.

No one mentioned it but I find coffee makes me less hungry. This is no good at night for obvious reasons though.

From what I read his post would be helpful to people just starting out at fostering an addiction.
    Wow Apollo, your diet and workout routines including the supplements suggest you have a Mark Mcguire bod...or aspire to. Would this be accurate? Good for you...dont know about the creatine though. I admit I dont know much....just the anecdotal and related to those who are typically into heavy workouts. I also have a fundamental suspicion of "supplements" which as I understand are unregulated so one needs to do much research here and not go cheap I suppose.

Directly in response to the op....I would not discount/forget to include in your exercise routine a healthy dose of cardio (heart and lung) activity. Alternate it during the week with bulking or toning routines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Wow Apollo, your diet and workout routines including the supplements suggest you have a Mark Mcguire bod...or aspire to. Would this be accurate? Good for you...dont know about the creatine though. I admit I dont know much....just the anecdotal and related to those who are typically into heavy workouts. I also have a fundamental suspicion of "supplements" which as I understand are unregulated so one needs to do much research here and not go cheap I suppose.

Directly in response to the op....I would not discount/forget to include in your exercise routine a healthy dose of cardio (heart and lung) activity. Alternate it during the week with bulking or toning routines.
    I always put creatine in my pre and post-workout shakes.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    I always put creatine in my pre and post-workout shakes.
    I assume you have looked into it's personal efficacy (your own circumstances eg weight, allergy or other health issues). Sometimes a check with your doctor may not be a bad idea just to be sure that the supplement and dosage is good for you.

I am starting to sound like fucking Dr. Oz.

Here is a link if you are interested....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...y/hrb-20059125

25. Like Apollo liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information