Amare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare?

Not sure if its been discussed here but do you guys think Amare would be willing to play here, and if he is, will he be a fit with the Raps?

BC drafted him so he might be able to be swayed....he'll be the instant franchise player, and he plays more on the inside which would be beneficial for Bargs. I know he's not a true center but he does play center and is better at it than Bargs is.

Any thoughts?

I can't remember where I read it, but I recall from a couple weeks ago that the Suns and Amare had a verbal agreement on an extension in Phoenix.

Comment

not thanks, i would like bosh, but if not then i would choose boozer before amare...his bad attitude and horrendous defense make me dislike him very much....

Comment

No way I would choose Boozer over Amare. Boozer isn't as good a defender as Bosh or Stoudamire. The team doesn't need a defense downgrade.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          No way I would choose Boozer over Amare. Boozer isn't as good a defender as Bosh or Stoudamire. The team doesn't need a defense downgrade.
          haha what defense...

Comment

Amare is two years older than Bosh, he's got worse knees and is his play is even more tied to his contract status. Its no coincidence that his play picked up during the second half of the season in which he is likely to opt out.

As far as PF's go they all are pretty much the same, offensive gunners out for the highest payday. I'd leave em all alone, but Bosh has the most consistent game, attitude and future. Amare is a killer in the playoffs though, when he's motivated and feeling it there isn't a player on alive who can stop him, although Blair did a real nice job fronting him in game two.

As far as the verbal agreement goes, Amare might have the biggest ego in the NBA. He went to like 4 four different high schools and has black Jesus tatooed on his body. He is a soldier of fortune and if a team gives him a max and a shine job, he will abandon the suns ship before the women and children.

Comment

Just wanted to point out that Amare`s numbers were at around his career average this year.

A00715890 wrote: View Post
              haha what defense...
              LOL, well in some places they hold the belief that the best way to stop a ship from sinking is to repair the holes, not make them bigger.
              Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 7, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Just think! We could set the league all time record... for the all-time worst defense.

Click http://hoopnumbers.com/allAnalysisVi...True&year=2010
                and search for "Amare". Then eyeball the man at #324.
                http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

I love Amare's game down low better than Bosh. Amare works the pick and roll better with his powerful first step to the rim. Then again, Amare runs the pick and roll with Nash - try it with Jose and we might see that aspect fade.

Amare is not the beast on the boards he ought to be. Bosh is better in that regard. If we are keeping Bargnani, we need to have a better rebounder than Amare.

All in all, I say no.

Comment

What exactly would be the point? So the team can still be a mediocre team? If Bosh leaves, people keep talking about replacing his production, but if Bosh leaves, we have to deal with the fact that the Raptors are going to have to rebuild. Getting Amare would allow the Raptors to et, at best, 45 wins. Great. That means no lottery pick, and no cap room. And a first round exit. Amare's going to be 28 next season, doesn't play defense and relies mostly on athleticism. There's absolutely no reason the Raptors should go after him except as a band-aid solution that will end up keeping the team out of the lottery.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
                      Just think! We could set the league all time record... for the all-time worst defense.

look at no. 120 too. I think he might be this year's defensive player of the year. shouldnt this ranking put him as #1? Morris Peterson is #4, um correct me if im wrong but i think he only played 46 games this season, oh and also make a note of #113 and #316. theyre #1 and 2 on the most steals list for this season. yup, this ranking is really reliable. amare is a the worst defender ever.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        What exactly would be the point? So the team can still be a mediocre team? If Bosh leaves, people keep talking about replacing his production, but if Bosh leaves, we have to deal with the fact that the Raptors are going to have to rebuild. Getting Amare would allow the Raptors to et, at best, 45 wins. Great. That means no lottery pick, and no cap room. And a first round exit. Amare's going to be 28 next season, doesn't play defense and relies mostly on athleticism. There's absolutely no reason the Raptors should go after him except as a band-aid solution that will end up keeping the team out of the lottery.
                        The Raps have been rebuilding for the past 4 years, with Bosh here, and we're still not a winning team.

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post

That list doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Look at the All Defensive First team...

Rajon Rondo (113) 8 spots below DeRozan
                          Dwyane Wade (285) one below RUssell Westbrook (who I also thought was a good defender) and 9 spots below Carlos Boozer
                          LeBron James (274) 8 spots below Jason Kapono
                          Josh Smith (126) 1 spot ahead of Vladimir Radmanovic
                          Dwight Howard (120) 12 spots below Dirk Nowitzki

Does that make sense to you?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                            The Raps have been rebuilding for the past 4 years, with Bosh here, and we're still not a winning team.
                            Hence why getting someone like Amare is not going to make the Raptors a better team.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              look at no. 120 too. I think he might be this year's defensive player of the year. shouldnt this ranking put him as #1? Morris Peterson is #4, um correct me if im wrong but i think he only played 46 games this season, oh and also make a note of #113 and #316. theyre #1 and 2 on the most steals list for this season. yup, this ranking is really reliable. amare is a the worst defender ever.
                              I don't believe that the information is complete through the end of the season. Maybe February?
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                              X