Amare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    What exactly would be the point? So the team can still be a mediocre team? If Bosh leaves, people keep talking about replacing his production, but if Bosh leaves, we have to deal with the fact that the Raptors are going to have to rebuild. Getting Amare would allow the Raptors to et, at best, 45 wins. Great. That means no lottery pick, and no cap room. And a first round exit. Amare's going to be 28 next season, doesn't play defense and relies mostly on athleticism. There's absolutely no reason the Raptors should go after him except as a band-aid solution that will end up keeping the team out of the lottery.
    You are correct, sir. A man that big, that mobile, and with that kind of vertical should be at least a modest shotblocker. He's not, and he's also a lousy help defender.

+1.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      That list doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Look at the All Defensive First team...

Rajon Rondo (113) 8 spots below DeRozan
      Dwyane Wade (285) one below RUssell Westbrook (who I also thought was a good defender) and 9 spots below Carlos Boozer
      LeBron James (274) 8 spots below Jason Kapono
      Josh Smith (126) 1 spot ahead of Vladimir Radmanovic
      Dwight Howard (120) 12 spots below Dirk Nowitzki

Does that make sense to you?
      Not unless you are one of these guys

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        The Raps have been rebuilding for the past 4 years, with Bosh here, and we're still not a winning team.
        That Raptors have been rebuilding for six years. What year hasn't been part of a "rebuild" since Vince left?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          That Raptors have been rebuilding for six years. What year hasn't been part of a "rebuild" since Vince left?
          This took about 4 to build from the beginning of the project.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

And it's still relevant after all these year.

Comment

By the way it appears that Johnson does have a nickname and it is not BC15 but

"Big Dawg"

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                By the way it appears that Johnson does have a nickname and it is not BC15 but

"Big Dawg"
                Did you post in the wrong thread?

By the way, Big Dawg has been used. At least twice, I believe. Can't people think of a more unique nickname?
                Last edited by Tim W.; Sun May 9, 2010, 12:03 AM.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X