X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoopsworld 2010 NBA MOCK DRAFT - Consensus 1.0

Raptors

13 Alex Raskin------Yannis Koutroupis----Joel Brigham-------Steve Kyler
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----Ekpe Udoh------ Larry Sanders-------Hassan Whiteside---Damion James

None of the 4 guys have Whiteside going before 13

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16164
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

The only certainty is that we'll be drafting a big.
    RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
      The only certainty is that we'll be drafting a big.
      It certainly seems to be the current consensus.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Some of James pre-draft measurements. The other two do not appear to have their measurements available yet

James

Height without shoes 6'6".25
        Weight 225
        Wing Span 7'0".75
        Standing reach 8'10"
        No Step Vertical 30.0
        Max Vertical 37.0
        Bench Press 14
        3/4 Court Sprint 3.09

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damion-James-1074/

Comment

I have been reading good things about Udoh as well. Is considered more NBA ready as a pick (big) at 13.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            I have been reading good things about Udoh as well. Is considered more NBA ready as a pick (big) at 13.
            So many choices.

This is hurting my head and slowing down my computer

Comment

Udoh and Whiteside seem like good choices...

Comment

Draft whiteside gotdammmit he will improve our interior defence, plus if we get bynum for bosh, we will be stacked at frontcourt, which has been a problem for years now.

We need a point guard though, so bc is gonna need to buy a draft pick this year. Maybe paul harris seems good, loads of potential

Comment

The reports on Whiteside say that he is an excellent weakside shot blocker but a poor defender in all other areas + a very bad man-to-man defender, particularly in the post.

His team ranked 130th in defensive efficiency amongst college basketball teams ... which is ridiculous for any team that is boasting an above average NBA caliber interior defender with shot blocking skills.

Whiteside doesn't sound like a guy who'll improve the Raptors defense. At least not for a few seasons.
                  Last edited by Dave; Sun May 9, 2010, 04:05 PM.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                    The reports on Whiteside say that he is an excellent weakside shot blocker but a poor defender in all other areas + a very bad man-to-man defender, particularly in the post.

His team ranked 130th in defensive efficiency amongst college basketball teams ... which is ridiculous for any team that is boasting an above average NBA caliber interior defender with shot blocking skills.

Whiteside doesn't sound like a guy who'll improve the Raptors defense. At least not for a few seasons.
                    This sounds like a marriage made in basketball heaven

Whiteside can teach Bargnani how to play weak side defense and Bargnani can teach Whiteside how to play man-to-man defense

Comment

Whiteside sounds a lot like JaVale McGee. A player who can make some defensive plays but is overall a very poor defender ... and/but is also a player with very good defensive potential he can put it together after a few rough seasons of much needed experience + hopefully improvement.

Whiteside is an interesting comparison to McGee in other areas too. Some offensive skills with the jumper and solid rebounding.

Whiteside is a decent pick ... just a high risk one ... and it looks like he'll need a few years to develop into a contributor.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                      X