View Poll Results: Do you want CB4 to stay in Toronto?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 40.63%
  • No

12 37.50%
  • Undecided

7 21.88%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do You Want Bosh Back Next Season?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do You Want Bosh Back Next Season?

Given all that's happened since the last time this question was asked I think it's a fair time to ask it again. Yes or no, do you want Chris Bosh back? Feel free to debate the pros and cons.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see who the Raptors draft first before deciding

Raptors Republic Rookie Babyface_killah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The answer should be fairly obvious, it is a yes. We are better team with him than without him, its plain and simple. Again everyone can say he is only worth this or that, but he makes this team better than anyone we can get back for him.

Still with the terrible structure of this team, which includes the three terrible contracts and weak coaching staff, we are atleast 6-8 seed (maybe even 5th) with him on it. But if Bosh leaves (which any sane human being would do), BC should try to get as much possible back for Bargnani, Calderon, and Turk (extremely hard to do). A core of Demar, Jack, Amir, the draft pick, and Weems isn't the most enticing thing to a fan but at least they will leave it all on the floor. My biggest fear will be if BC makes this a tax team even with Bosh leaving, we would be like mid-00 Knicks

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lets just say the raps will be Atlantic division leaders next year or 2 years if bosh stays....

Who will be a threat two years later? NJ? or the old Boston with only Rondo as a star?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do i want him back? Sure...
    Is it whats best for the franchise, i dont think so
    We need to move on, i think Bosh has. I have emotionally detatched myself from Bosh-Toronto.
    IMO its time to rebulid, get young, and change the philosophy.
    We arent going to win with Bosh, and the reality is picking higher would give us a greater chance to win in the long run..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors won't have anything better than Bosh for the next few years. He is still 26 years old, if MLSE is really committed to win, all they have to do is to go into luxury tax and bring and extra all-star kind of player. Otherwise, just keeping Bosh is going to be a good enough team to fill the seats in ACC.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm down to resign him, but would defiantly would like to look at the offers from other teams for a S&T.

It would be great if BC had Bosh ready to resign and then tweeted the details of a S&T.

If there is a way to get a top four pick of the draft, I support that move over any other.

Filling Bosh's void is theoretically the easiest one to fill of any of the major names on the market except maybe Boozer.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 to Babbyface. I'd pay some money to see a developing team but none to see our "core" without Bosh. Ugh

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, Bosh is a phenomenal talent.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not want Bosh back. He is a great player and all, but unless BC can make some serious changes to the rest of the team Bosh is not the guy we want with this group.

"Still with the terrible structure of this team, which includes the three terrible contracts and weak coaching staff, we are atleast 6-8 seed (maybe even 5th) with him on it."

Yah we're totally the 6-8 seed with Bosh on this team, I mean that's where we finished right? Wrong dude, we are the ninth seed with Bosh and can't even make the playoffs because the guy can't stay healthy down the stretch.

Raptors Republic Rookie pinkoglu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i really dont care if bosh arent on the next season... all i care is seeing toronto to win... not because of just one player but because of the whole team itself... hope toronto will be in the next seasons playoffs....

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dismantling of Atlanta is a real wakeup call about what happens to a team in the playoffs (I am beyond reg. season stats.) without strong leadership either on the team or from the coach. And this is a team that screwed over the Raptors during the reg. season.

All things considered I dont think Bosh on the current team can provide what it takes (other than 20/10) . He's been here too long and without meaningful team success. Time for a painful reset.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on what makes for a better team. I'm sure that there are Bosh sign and trade deals out there, when coupled with other reasonable moves, that would improve the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't mind if he stays, but I don't want to pay him the Max and have him as our #1 go-to-guy option. His leadership has dwindled the past couple of years and his 'I'm a star' ego has blown up considerably also. We dont need someone to throw teammates under the bus, we need someone who will put them on his back and lead, CB4 isnt that guy, but he doesnt know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The dismantling of Atlanta is a real wakeup call about what happens to a team in the playoffs (I am beyond reg. season stats.) without strong leadership either on the team or from the coach. And this is a team that screwed over the Raptors during the reg. season.

All things considered I dont think Bosh on the current team can provide what it takes (other than 20/10) . He's been here too long and without meaningful team success. Time for a painful reset.
    The Hawks are getting pummeled by a very very very good team with a very very very good coach.

Right now the Magic have to be the favorite to win it all this year. Boston has exposed the Cavs weaknesses and the Magic are a better team on offense and defense than the Celtics. They also have a better head coach.

Whoever comes out of the West will lose to the Magic.

Yea, Woodson is probably gone but besides losing to a very very very good team the talent level on the Hawks is over rated. Bibby and Johnson are both on the wrong side of 30 and Crawford if he is not hitting his three's is worthless. The Hawks have two good young players in Horford and Smith but neither can shoot with an efficiency beyond 10 - 15 feet.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, lets not coronate Dwight and his band of 3 point shooting misfits just yet. Atlanta imploded during the Bucks series, it would have been foolish to expect them to show up for Orlando when their coach has no hold over the team and Josh Smith is free to sulk, whine and huck 18 footers to his hearts content.

Atlanta was the obvious choice for an implosion this year, high expectations without a Steve Nash to keep them grounded and focused on what they were doing when they were doing it.

Orlando is a really really good team, but Cleveland made the adjustments on match ups and they have no one to throw on Bron. Lets see what happens when they face a team capable of going bucket for bucket with them and who have a myriad of big bodies to throw at Dwight.

Shaq has been dreaming about this match up since they traded for him, this is his last stand and I don't think Dwight will know what hit him. I don't see how Orlando can be favorites since they haven't been in a fight yet, they have no idea who is thier go to guy and where they are going to get baskets when the game tightens up.

If the raps keep Bosh, they 100% need to get an Oakley who will start throwing people around if they arent pulling thier weight. Bosh either can't or refuses to lead and Triano has proved he's a players coach and not a disciplinarian. I'm not sure whose available who can fill that role, but the Nuggets thought Chancey was that guy and even he couldn't keep the knuckleheads in line. This team has a different brand of knucklehead, ideally they need 2008 KG, but unless he's trapped in a hot tub time machine its not gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it's almost a 50/50 split between yes and no. I hope CB4 doesn't read these boards. These findings might be a blow to his ego.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

not for full max he's done in 4 years . his knees will be shot

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@Buddahfan

Dont disagree with anything you wrote. I was trying to get across the point that even with a Bosh (when compared to a lesser flawed team like the Hawks), the Raps dont cut it going deep into the playoffs. As of today, the Bucks on paper and playoff action are a better team. Depressing. It doesnt make sense to retain the man for the money to be spent. In anycase I think he would in fact be coming back (if he does) because he could not get the super-max contract (thru S&T) somewhere else. He has kept his options open...except for the twitter msgs last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Whoa, lets not coronate Dwight and his band of 3 point shooting misfits just yet. Atlanta imploded during the Bucks series, it would have been foolish to expect them to show up for Orlando when their coach has no hold over the team and Josh Smith is free to sulk, whine and huck 18 footers to his hearts content.

Atlanta was the obvious choice for an implosion this year, high expectations without a Steve Nash to keep them grounded and focused on what they were doing when they were doing it.

Orlando is a really really good team, but Cleveland made the adjustments on match ups and they have no one to throw on Bron. Lets see what happens when they face a team capable of going bucket for bucket with them and who have a myriad of big bodies to throw at Dwight.

Shaq has been dreaming about this match up since they traded for him, this is his last stand and I don't think Dwight will know what hit him. I don't see how Orlando can be favorites since they haven't been in a fight yet, they have no idea who is thier go to guy and where they are going to get baskets when the game tightens up.

If the raps keep Bosh, they 100% need to get an Oakley who will start throwing people around if they arent pulling thier weight. Bosh either can't or refuses to lead and Triano has proved he's a players coach and not a disciplinarian. I'm not sure whose available who can fill that role, but the Nuggets thought Chancey was that guy and even he couldn't keep the knuckleheads in line. This team has a different brand of knucklehead, ideally they need 2008 KG, but unless he's trapped in a hot tub time machine its not gonna happen.
    The Magic beat the Cavs last year and the Magic are far better this year with the addition of VC (sorry VC haters), Nelson healthy, Reddick vastly improved etc etc.

The Cavs added Jamison and Hickson is improved but Shaq is no better this season than Z was last season.

To say that the Magic are a bunch of 3 point shooting misfits is really an odd statement to say the least because the Magic have one of the best defensive teams in the league if not the best even with Lebron's defensive acumen.

If you don's believe it just think Turk. So one complained about his horrible defense last season because he had Howard protecting his butt. This year with Bargnani and Bosh on the front line with him Turk's no-defense got exposed for what it is; i.e. stale pizza with a lot of holes in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information