View Poll Results: Do you want CB4 to stay in Toronto?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 40.63%
  • No

12 37.50%
  • Undecided

7 21.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do You Want Bosh Back Next Season?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no quarrel with the Magic, I think SVG is the best coach in the league if not in NBA history at preparing his team for thier opponent and making sure everyone is on the right page. The guy never lets anyone's head get too big and no one plays out of the system. In game I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but the Magic never sleep on anyone.

As far as their roster goes I don't see how they got better, just different. Wince is a jump shooter at heart if he even has one, Barnes is not an upgrade over Turk although he does give them a lil extra muscle/swagger which they need. Rashard took a bizzaro leap this year and is not playing close to last years level and Dwight remains a liability on offense in the last 5 minutes.

Jameer is the only guy who might be a difference maker and the Cavs clearly struggle against fast, penetrating point guards. I think its going to be a very tough series and hopefully it goes 7, but in the last 5 minutes when the defenses tighten up and points are hard to come by, the Magic have Wince and Jameer and the Cavs have Bron.

Shaq wants Dwight bad, he stole his prized nickname and reputation as the leagues most entertaining big man, throw in Stan "the master of panic" Van Gundy and the possibility of finals grudge match with Kobe and Shaq is emptying the tank in these next few weeks. I think Shaq will play Dwight almost to a draw and Lebron will do the rest.

The addition of AP should not be overlooked as well, the guy is as good an open 3 point shooter as there is in this league and he has Bron's full trust.

The only way Bron loses back to back against the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals is if someone space jams his game.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The dismantling of Atlanta is a real wakeup call about what happens to a team in the playoffs (I am beyond reg. season stats.) without strong leadership either on the team or from the coach. And this is a team that screwed over the Raptors during the reg. season.

All things considered I dont think Bosh on the current team can provide what it takes (other than 20/10) . He's been here too long and without meaningful team success. Time for a painful reset.
    I don't see how it was a wakeup call. I mean, did anyone really see Atlanta really doing anything in the playoffs? They're built for getting to the second round, at best. When your top two players are Joe Johnson and Al Horford, you're not really a contender.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I have no quarrel with the Magic, I think SVG is the best coach in the league if not in NBA history at preparing his team for thier opponent and making sure everyone is on the right page. The guy never lets anyone's head get too big and no one plays out of the system. In game I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but the Magic never sleep on anyone.

As far as their roster goes I don't see how they got better, just different. Wince is a jump shooter at heart if he even has one, Barnes is not an upgrade over Turk although he does give them a lil extra muscle/swagger which they need. Rashard took a bizzaro leap this year and is not playing close to last years level and Dwight remains a liability on offense in the last 5 minutes.

Jameer is the only guy who might be a difference maker and the Cavs clearly struggle against fast, penetrating point guards. I think its going to be a very tough series and hopefully it goes 7, but in the last 5 minutes when the defenses tighten up and points are hard to come by, the Magic have Wince and Jameer and the Cavs have Bron.

Shaq wants Dwight bad, he stole his prized nickname and reputation as the leagues most entertaining big man, throw in Stan "the master of panic" Van Gundy and the possibility of finals grudge match with Kobe and Shaq is emptying the tank in these next few weeks. I think Shaq will play Dwight almost to a draw and Lebron will do the rest.

The addition of AP should not be overlooked as well, the guy is as good an open 3 point shooter as there is in this league and he has Bron's full trust.

The only way Bron loses back to back against the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals is if someone space jams his game.
    I will bet you a large pizza on this. We can work out the details later. It shouldn't be too hard. You will just have phone a local Los Angeles Pizza shop put the charge on your credit card and have the pizza delivered to my home or I can pick it up as long as it is a local pizza shop in my neighborhood of which there are plenty. I will pay for my own beverage

If the Magic beat the Cavs or Boston beats the Cavs then I win.

Do we have a bet?
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 10th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I don't see Shaq playing Dwight Howard to a draw, no matter how upset Shaq is. And I don't even know what to say about your assertion that Stan Van Gundy might be the best coach in the history of the league at preparing his team for their opponents.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha, large pizza it is.

I already got enough riding on Bron, no point in hedging now.

Tim, Whose better than SVG? Not sure how you can prove it one way or another, but that Orlando team is always prepared and never seems to take anyone lightly.

Shaq isn't upset, he's motivated and when he gets motivated he's a hard man to deter. He wants it more than Dwight and is also playing for a new contract in the off season. I'm not saying this is a lock or anything, but I think Shaq has one more throwback series left in him and Dwight is going to struggle getting inside position against one of the best of all time who knows every trick in the book.

Post Thanks / Like

with another good player yes, without a borderline all-star heels no, dude is not a leader and needs help.hje's not a #1 guy but he can look like one with some help
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Iím not going to mention that Kobe had his knee drained and went off for 40 in his first game back as compared to another guy who may or may not have had, say, an issue with another joint and came up small.

Iím not going to. Honest.
    Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors Blog

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Before the start of Monday's series opener, Lakers coach Phil Jackson confirmed to reporters that Bryant had his knee drained, as first reported by the Los Angeles Times. Jackson would not provide information on when the procedure occurred.

"It happened some time ago, so it's kind of over with," Jackson said.

According to a Lakers source, the knee was drained prior to Game 5 of Los Angeles' first-round series against Oklahoma City, more than two weeks ago.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5195366

Kobe has scored 30 plus points five games in a row. It seems reasonable that he had his knee drained during the series with the Thunder prior to the four game sweep of the Jazz and last night.

Actually Kobe did practice between the end of the Jazz series and the beginning of the series with the Suns. He took extensive shooting practice, the benefits of which were clear in last nights game.

A lot of non-Lakers fans are just looking to bring Kobe down to Lebron's level.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

You're mistaken. Wrong thread. This one we haven't mentioned Kobe until now. If you read more closely in the text I quoted Doug Smith is taking a jab at Chris Bosh. That was the point of the quote. I'm done with showing how Kobe's body is regressing, that's established. This is about Bosh not being "able" to perform coming back from injury or playing with injury. Its a hit to the superstar status he wants and not to Kobe's ability in overcoming an aging, regressing body.

...as compared to another guy who may or may not have had, say, an issue with another joint and came up small.

I’m not going to. Honest.
    Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors Blog

Raptors Republic Rookie TM Williamson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I took that as a shot at Lebron, not Bosh. Lebron had an issue with another joint (the elbow) and then came up small against Boston. If he intended that jab for Bosh then it was poorly written, as Lebron's joint injury and subsequent coming up small was both more recent and a bigger deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TM Williamson wrote: View Post
    I took that as a shot at Lebron, not Bosh. Lebron had an issue with another joint (the elbow) and then came up small against Boston. If he intended that jab for Bosh then it was poorly written, as Lebron's joint injury and subsequent coming up small was both more recent and a bigger deal.
    lebron didn't come up short against boston cleveland did.i thikn lebron is defnitely leaving cleveland.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I took at as a shot at LeBron, too, for his game 4 debacle. Not that I completely agree with it, though.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That had to be a shot against LJ. How dare anyone accuse Smith of belittling our superstar (and his). Bosh would have had to belittle his superson or someone equivalent for DS to diss him. Besides are we now into comparing the exploits of Kobe (and in the playoffs) to the man from Boshtown?

Post Thanks / Like

He's a Raptors writer and Bosh wasn't the same when he came back.

Raptors Republic Rookie TM Williamson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's a Raptors writer and Bosh wasn't the same when he came back.
    Have you read Doug Smith during the offseason? In today's column, 2 out of 7 paragraphs were Raptors related. In the column where he said that, it was 1 paragraph out of 10 that was Raptors related.

The comment is much more relevant to the Lebron situation than Bosh, and Doug Smith in no way limits himself to Raptors discussion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information