Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Go Celtics - One More Baby

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Go Celtics - One More Baby

    I am loving it.

    Lebron plays vs the Raptors and sits vs the Bulls.

    Go Celtics - One more baby
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    paul pierce > lebron

    lebron is a whiny bitch...celtics in 6...

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When Aldredge asked KG about the Celtics offense KG said words that every Raptors player, BC and coach should listen to

    KG "We don't even talk offense, We did it with defense"
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    When Aldredge asked KG about the Celtics offense KG said words that every Raptors player, BC and coach should listen to

    KG "We don't even talk offense, We did it with defense"
    Truer words there are not. They made the Cavs look like Hawks tonight...I couldnt believe how ineffective they made LBJ. And the Cavs were built for LBJ and the playoffs. A lesson for those who think CB teaming up with LBJ does the trick. Reminds me of how the Pistons won as well (the last one). People, get your point guard first and then you can take it from there. Rondo is doing a number on Mo W. How good can that guy get if he developed a 3 pt. range. Oh my.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate them both.

    Go Phoenix!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whoa lets not throw the casket on Bron yet. This whole series is a ploy to make a dramatic comeback. You have to believe its the elbow, two no shows in five games is not bronesque.

    I have a lot riding on Bron to win it, but i'm with Spike Lee in that I want him to go to NY and that probably becomes more likely if they don't win the next two games.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is nothing more gratifying than watching LeBron miss every jump shot he takes, lose by 32, and look like he doesn't give a rat's behind.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so...if the cavs bow out against he c**tics...their season would have to be considered an epic fail, right? what a gut-punch to the city of CLE.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

  9. #9
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Celtics are the biggest bunch of a-holes the league has seen in a while. The Celtics have wronged the Raptors far more than the Cavs did sitting LeBron James in a game that meant nothing to them. Sorry but I'm not sure how anyone can cheer the Celtics after all the B.S. they've pulled in games since Allen and KG showed up.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Celtics are the biggest bunch of a-holes the league has seen in a while. The Celtics have wronged the Raptors far more than the Cavs did sitting LeBron James in a game that meant nothing to them. Sorry but I'm not sure how anyone can cheer the Celtics after all the B.S. they've pulled in games since Allen and KG showed up.
    Apollo

    You be makin my hatin on Prince look like child's play
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #11
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Come on now. Every time the Raptors play the Celtics KG or someone pulls some pin head stunt that totally disrespects the club. Those guys are punks. I hope they lose and I'll cheer against them until the end of time. The Cavs aren't responsible for the Raptors missing the playoffs, the Raptors are. They should have never placed themselves in the position where they rely on other teams winning/losing games to get in. At the All-star break they were sitting pretty in 5th seed.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Come on now. Every time the Raptors play the Celtics KG or someone pulls some pin head stunt that totally disrespects the club. Those guys are punks. I hope they lose and I'll cheer against them until the end of time. The Cavs aren't responsible for the Raptors missing the playoffs, the Raptors are. They should have never placed themselves in the position where they rely on other teams winning/losing games to get in. At the All-star break they were sitting pretty in 5th seed.
    I agree with you on both counts.

    Look at my initial post on this thread. I never said the Lebron sitting was responsible for the Raptors missing the playoffs.

    I said I hate him for playing against the Raptors and sitting vs the Bulls.

    I can see where one would draw the conclusion that I was saying that that was the cause of the Raptors not making the playoffs.

    That is not the case. I believe the reason that Raptors missed the playoffs is because of Bosh's inability to again play 82 games and in fact only play 70. In addition when he did return after the first injury he played while not being 100% as a result of that injury.

    Yes anyone could have gotten his face in the way of Jamison's elbow like Bosh did. But no one else did.

    Bosh once again broke down and that is why the Raptors missed the playoffs. Of course the Raptors don't even come close without Bosh true enough.

    But the Raptors didn't pay Bosh to play in only 70 games whatever the reason.

    P.S. I also put part of the blame on Turk and to a lessor extent Calderon because he was injured. Everyone else on the roster either played up to or above my expectations. However, as I stated a number of times. Bosh is the leader and as such he at least for me has to get most of the blame for the Raptors failure to make the playoffs.

    I also think that for the most part Triano did a decent job given the nine new players and that it was his first full year as head coach.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 12th, 2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  13. #13
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I said I hate him for playing against the Raptors and sitting vs the Bulls.
    Why do you care? If the fact that it could affect the playoff hopes of two teams had no bearing on your mind then why care? Do you hate him for sitting out the Pacers, Magic, and Celtics games as well? Do you understand why they would sit him for the last four meaningless games of the season?

  14. #14
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One more thing. The elbow was unintentional so we can't really knock the Cavs for it. Jamison wasn't exactly a hit man sent to knock Bosh out. By the way, both years the Raptors went to the playoffs with Bosh he played no more than 70 regular season games, just saying.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    T dot Oh
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Celtics are the biggest bunch of a-holes the league has seen in a while. The Celtics have wronged the Raptors far more than the Cavs did sitting LeBron James in a game that meant nothing to them. Sorry but I'm not sure how anyone can cheer the Celtics after all the B.S. they've pulled in games since Allen and KG showed up.

    I totally agree I hate the Celtics more so then Cleveland, to be honest I actually enjoy Cleveland to watch also since AP and Moon are there now... It was our own fault we didn't make the playoffs, since we lost to golden state and to chi town we set our own fate, we effed it up. not coz Lebron sat?!? are you stupid? we shouldn't be blaming our non playoff season on anyone but ourselves...LBJ is just a scapegoat nothing more.. GO CLEVELAND I HOPE SOMEONE KICKS GARNETT IN THE NUTTZ!

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    T dot Oh
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd like to see a finals with either ORLANDO or CLEVELAND VS PHOENIX. as long as the C's and Lakes go down in flames i don't care who wins! though I am rooting for PHX!!!

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why do you care? If the fact that it could affect the playoff hopes of two teams had no bearing on your mind then why care? Do you hate him for sitting out the Pacers, Magic, and Celtics games as well? Do you understand why they would sit him for the last four meaningless games of the season?

    It was the principle of the thing. In reality Lebron did in fact decide which team was going to get the 8th seed. At the time he sat vs the Raptors the Raptors still had a shot at making the playoffs. That was the reality of it at that moment. Sitting vs the other teams had no bearing on which team was going to make the playoffs.

    So yes it should never have come down to that for the Raptors but my friend it did. That was the reality and Lebron made a conscious adult decision based upon the reality at the moment and that was to play vs the Raptors and sit vs the Bulls.


    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    One more thing. The elbow was unintentional so we can't really knock the Cavs for it. Jamison wasn't exactly a hit man sent to knock Bosh out. By the way, both years the Raptors went to the playoffs with Bosh he played no more than 70 regular season games, just saying.
    I think you are expanding the subject of the conversation. It seems to me that we were talking about the Raptors 2009-10 season and nothing more.

    Do you really think that when Bosh was signed to his current contract by MLSE that they gave him the money that they did expecting that he would only play 70 or less games a season?

    He is getting paid to play 82 games unless the coach decides to sit him. Almost every injury in the NBA is accidental unless it happens as a result of someone punching another player, punching the stanchion or doing something intentional that is likely to cause injury.

    Bosh has just had bad karma when it comes to injuries, but having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 12th, 2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  18. #18
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It was the principle of the thing. In reality Lebron did in fact decide which team was going to get the 8th seed. At the time he sat vs the Raptors the Raptors still had a shot at making the playoffs. That was the reality of it at that moment. Sitting vs the other teams had no bearing on which team was going to make the playoffs.

    So yes it should never have come down to that for the Raptors but my friend it did. That was the reality and Lebron made a conscious adult decision based upon the reality at the moment and that was to play vs the Raptors and sit vs the Bulls.
    It doesn't matter, that's a weak argument on your part. The Raptors controlled their destiny after that. They played Chicago and if they won that game it would have been it for the Bulls and the Raptors would have made the post season. The Raptors had no desire and the end result was 9th place. The only people to blame were in the Raptors locker room.

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I think you are expanding the subject of the conversation. It seems to me that we were talking about the Raptors 2009-10 season and nothing more.

    Do you really think that when Bosh was signed to his current contract by MLSE that they gave him the money that they did expecting that he would only play 70 or less games a season?
    Do you think when he was drafted and later signed an extension that he expected to waste seven years of his career surrounded by mediocrity, dysfunction and lack of direction? Shit happens.

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    He is getting paid to play 82 games unless the coach decides to sit him. Almost every injury in the NBA is accidental unless it happens as a result of someone punching another player, punching the stanchion or doing something intentional that is likely to cause injury.

    Bosh has just had bad karma when it comes to injuries, but having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
    Bosh has played close to 90% of all possible regular season games in seven years. The main reason the Raptors fail to make the playoffs is because they waste money on crap coaches and soft players. Good teams overcome injuries.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is this the start of the Showdown Forum? Buddha and Apollo seem to be going at it pretty good, hehehe.

    Not really much of a fan of the current Celtics. I think theyre bullies who are too old and cant keep up with the young ones so they trip, annoy, elbow, gang-scare other teams to submission. kinda good for the game tho coz it keeps it interesting and gives people something to talk about.

    Im routing for the Cavs to win so they can go on and become champions so Lebron would stay. If he moves to NYC and takes JJ/Bosh with him, the raps probably wont ever, ever have the chance to get a division title ever again. I give the Celts maybe another good season and then theyll just all retire and live in a seniors home somewhere.

    Sorry Buddha but you cant fault Bosh for playing only 70 games. Of course you pay a player to play 82 games but you should be prepared to continuing competing in case he goes down, and thats what the raps didnt do. The raps totally had control even when Bosh went down, they were 1 game off the last playoff spot and they didnt push through.

  20. #20
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Good teams

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    having bad Karma when it comes to injuries is not something that you pay your players, especially star players to have. This season that bad Karma was the main reason that the Raptors failed to make the playoffs. Just saying
    Carmelo Anthony
    GP: 69
    Chauncey Billups
    GP: 73
    Nuggets 2009-2010 record: 53-29

    Kobe Bryant
    GP: 73
    Pau Gasol
    GP: 65
    Lakers 2009-2010 Record: 57-25

    Brandon Roy
    GP: 65
    Blazers 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

    Paul Pierce
    GP: 71
    Kevin Garnett
    GP: 69
    Celtics 2009-2010 Record: 50-32

    Yao Ming
    GP: 0
    Shane Battier
    GP: 62
    Trevor Ariza
    GP: 71
    Tracy McGrady & Kevin Martin
    GP: 30
    Rockets 2009-2010 Record: 42-40
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 12th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •