Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

  1. #1
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

    If not, would any of you like to see Devin Harris here in Toronto?

    If the Nets land the first overall pick, and in turn Kentucky's John Wall, current point guard Devin Harris might become available.

    Although New Jersey hasn't ruled out playing the two together in the event they draft Wall, president Rod Thorn has already received calls about Harris.

    "I can't lie about it," Thorn said. "I've had calls about that."

    The Hawks, Heat and Pacers may have interest in Harris.
    Source - Click here

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To be honest I am not sure. I thought he was pretty good in Dallas...but then that was a good team. He seemed to be a bit of a ball hog in NJ and we dont need that. Not sure about his defense either and the injuries he had last couple of years.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lets put it this way, i would trade half the team to get him...

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

    Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie DaBlenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can you imagine Jose drunk?, I'll bet he giggles like a school girl

    Harris and Jack!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    definitely not as good a creator as our current point guards. but then we also have a point forward who was under utilized last year.

    in terms of him being a ball hog, he did have a similar assist avg. to calderon, if i remember correctly (but their minutes might be different). And who can he really pass the ball to in NJ? And i think he could play SG in certain scenarios.

    For the right price, i think he'd be a decent pick-up.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if i can be assured that our SG and SF are good defenders and we have a shot blocking center, then yeah, take Harris. He's basically a higher scoring version of Jack. Penetrates, really good with the dribble penetration. It seems like he's a ballhog but he averages about 13-15 shots a game which is pretty normal, compared to Monta who averages 22 FGA/game. Now thats a ballhog, considering James and Durant only puts up around 20 a game. The only thing i dont like about Harris is he's a very quick PG yet he doesnt even average more than 1 steal per game. He's a so-so defender, quick enough to chase his man around and got nice hops to alter shots. Definitely an upgrade from Calderon, but not a whole lot different from Jack.

  8. #8
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Like 90% of the players brought up are dissed on this board. Devin Harris is better than anyone on the club besides CB4. He's a great player and I would love to see him come here. The Raptors aren't going to land Chris Paul or Kevin Durant. Lower tier players who have the potential to be upper tier players are where they need to look. Devin Harris is one of those players. The reason Harris controls the ball more in Jersey is because they have a bad team. They need him to do it to stay close in games to have a shot at winning. One player can't do it all but he does all he can and it's a lot. He's proven that he knows how to defer to better players and facilitate them and he's also proven that he can put a team on his shoulders that is struggling and help them stay close enough for some sort of shot at a win.

  9. #9
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One more thought. He's a better offensive player than Calderon or Jack and he good defender... Tough to tell on team that management set up to fail but it's true.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

    Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.
    Hold on just a minute. Harris and Stuckey both averaged 17ppg and 5apg last season. But Stuck is a far better defender than Harris 4sure Last season when Harris was on the court the Nets gave up 7 more points per 100 possessions than when he was not and when Stuckey was on the court the PIstons gave up 7 less points per 100 possessions than when he was not.

    Stuck is the better all-around player, in my opinion, 4sure

    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=DET
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote A00715890 wrote: View Post
    lets put it this way, i would trade half the team to get him...
    Which half? POB, Rasho, Dorsey, Banks, Belinelli, Hedo, Evans?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Hold on just a minute. Harris and Stuckey both averaged 17ppg and 5apg last season. But Stuck is a far better defender than Harris 4sure Last season when Harris was on the court the Nets gave up 7 more points per 100 possessions than when he was not and when Stuckey was on the court the PIstons gave up 7 less points per 100 possessions than when he was not.

    Stuck is the better all-around player, in my opinion, 4sure

    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=DET
    i really love the way you throw in stats buddha, but its really hard to put these stats in perspective if you fully consider the other factors that are happening during the season. like lets say NJ plays new orleans, CP3 rips them apart so they lose badly. Detroit plays New orleans and CP3 is injured. Of course thats already a statistical advantage to Detroit, because CP3 typically controls the pace and possessions.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Like 90% of the players brought up are dissed on this board. Devin Harris is better than anyone on the club besides CB4. He's a great player and I would love to see him come here. The Raptors aren't going to land Chris Paul or Kevin Durant. Lower tier players who have the potential to be upper tier players are where they need to look. Devin Harris is one of those players. The reason Harris controls the ball more in Jersey is because they have a bad team. They need him to do it to stay close in games to have a shot at winning. One player can't do it all but he does all he can and it's a lot. He's proven that he knows how to defer to better players and facilitate them and he's also proven that he can put a team on his shoulders that is struggling and help them stay close enough for some sort of shot at a win.
    Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

    I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Hold on just a minute. Harris and Stuckey both averaged 17ppg and 5apg last season. But Stuck is a far better defender than Harris 4sure Last season when Harris was on the court the Nets gave up 7 more points per 100 possessions than when he was not and when Stuckey was on the court the PIstons gave up 7 less points per 100 possessions than when he was not.

    Stuck is the better all-around player, in my opinion, 4sure

    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...r=ASC&team=DET
    Harris was injured this year. The season before, when he was healthy, Harris averaged 21.3 pg and made the All-Star team.

  15. #15
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

    I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.
    I'd love to hear that list if you have time.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie TM Williamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, he's be'd probably be the second best player on the Raptors, but there's a difference between getting player's who happen to be better than yours and getting players who will help you build a contender.

    I wouldn't be upset if Colangelo traded for him, but if Colangelo's going to go out and make a trade, I could give him about fifty names of players I'd rather have.
    I agree with the sentiment, but you can't build a contender without getting players who are better than the ones you currently have (that is, unless you're expecting MASSIVE steps forward from the players the Raptors already have)

    You've got to have top level talent to be a contender, and the Raptors don't have that. Harris is an all-star caliber player, and I don't even see any of the current Raptors as potential all-stars, let alone all-star talents right now.

    Are there players that would be better fits? Sure. But Harris is young, talented, and most importantly, available. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TM Williamson wrote: View Post
    I agree with the sentiment, but you can't build a contender without getting players who are better than the ones you currently have (that is, unless you're expecting MASSIVE steps forward from the players the Raptors already have)

    You've got to have top level talent to be a contender, and the Raptors don't have that. Harris is an all-star caliber player, and I don't even see any of the current Raptors as potential all-stars, let alone all-star talents right now.

    Are there players that would be better fits? Sure. But Harris is young, talented, and most importantly, available. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    It's not necessarily better players I would look for, but players I would want on my team. I'm simply not a fan of Harris. As I said I wouldn't be upset if he was traded to the Raptors, but he wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I hope not. I've said this about Harris before. He's not a bad player, but he's not a true point guard, and apparently there has been some disgruntled teammates who don't feel he passes the ball enough. Not exactly a good thing since he's supposed to be a PG. And his defense isn't great. He's great at driving to the hole, but he's a poor outside shooter.

    Basically, he's a better version of Rodney Stuckey, so no wonder some Raptor fans want him.
    then essentially, if harris is a better version of stuckey , than isn't he a crappier version of agent zero?

    we might as well get arenas if we're thinking about getting stuckey or harris.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'd love to hear that list if you have time.
    ya, i second that.

    infact, i'm demanding you give us this list and enlighten us all.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #20
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, this has turned to demands? It sounds like its getting crazy. Is that...Is that protesters?




    Well I don't condone that but I would still like to see the list of 50 please.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •