Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Colangelo One of the GM's Inquiring About Harris?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Harris was injured this year. The season before, when he was healthy, Harris averaged 21.3 pg and made the All-Star team.
    There career averages are both 13ppg and 4.5rpg.

Stuckey was injured his rookie season that is how it goes.

In any case injured or not Harris defense is way below average and Stuckey's is way above average.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    ya, i second that.

infact, i'm demanding you give us this list and enlighten us all.
    Alright, alright. Here, in alphabetical order, are players (including players the Raptors would have no chance of getting) that I would want to spend time trying to get on my team over Devin Harris.

Carmelo Anthony
    Trevor Ariza
    Kelenna Azubuike
    Matt Barnes
    Brandon Bass
    Shane Battier
    Nicholas Batum
    Andris Biedrins
    Chauncy Billups
    Keith Bogans
    Andrew Bogut
    Andrew Bynum
    Omri Casspi
    WIlson Chandler
    Darren Collison
    Stephon Curry
    Glen Davis
    Loul Deng
    Jared Dudley
    Kevin Durant
    Rudy Fernandez
    Jonny Flynn
    Jeff Foster
    Danilo Gallinari
    Marc Gasol
    Pau Gasol
    Rudy Gay
    Taj Gibson
    Eric Gordon
    Marcin Gortat
    Danny Granger
    Jeff Green
    Blake Griffin
    Udonis Haslem
    Brendan Haywood
    Roy Hibbert
    JJ Hickson
    George Hill
    Kirk Hinrich
    Al Horford
    Dwight Howard
    Serge Ibaka
    Andre Iguodala
    LeBron James
    Richard Jefferson
    Brandon Jennings
    Joe Johnson
    Dahntey Jones
    Chris Kaman
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Ty Lawson
    Brook Lopez
    Robin Lopez
    Kevin Love
    Kyle Lowry
    Wesley Matthews
    OJ Mayo
    Luc RIchard Mbah
    Paul Millsap
    Nene
    Joakim Noah
    Greg Oden
    Travis Outlaw
    Tony Parker
    Chris Paul
    Kenrick Perkins
    Mickael Pietrus
    Rajon Rondo
    Derrick Rose
    Brandon Roy
    THabo Sefolosha
    Josh Smith
    Tyrus Thomas
    Al Thornton
    Ronny Turiaf
    Anderson Varejao
    Dwayne Wade
    Gerald Wallace
    RUssell Westbrook
    Deron Williams
    Marvin Williams

Sorry. That's more than 50, but you get my point. Obviously most of those guys aren't available, but there are a great number that very well might be. Instead of going after guys who aren't quite what you want, simply because they're available, I'd rather concentrate my effort on guys who i'd really want on my team. I think if you look at that list, you can figure out the type of player I like.

Raptors Republic Rookie TM Williamson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

I mean, I totally get your point, and Harris does have his deficiencies, but really? Jeff Foster? Ronny Turiaf? You're talking about preferring career backups to an all-star caliber player.

I could maybe get behind that idea if the Raps were already contending, and already had an all star caliber player to lean on, but if Bosh leaves the cupboard is relatively bare. This team can add all the Jeff Fosters and Ronny Turiafs in the world, they still won't be anything resembling contenders without a star player. That's life in the NBA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TM Williamson wrote: View Post
    Wow.

I mean, I totally get your point, and Harris does have his deficiencies, but really? Jeff Foster? Ronny Turiaf? You're talking about preferring career backups to an all-star caliber player.

I could maybe get behind that idea if the Raps were already contending, and already had an all star caliber player to lean on, but if Bosh leaves the cupboard is relatively bare. This team can add all the Jeff Fosters and Ronny Turiafs in the world, they still won't be anything resembling contenders without a star player. That's life in the NBA.
    Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris. Both guys would be backups, but they would be bench players I think would make the team better. Again, I don't hate Harris and don't think he's a team killer. I mean, this isn't JR Smith or Gilbert Arenas, here.

Post Thanks / Like

Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris. Both guys would be backups, but they would be bench players I think would make the team better. Again, I don't hate Harris and don't think he's a team killer. I mean, this isn't JR Smith or Gilbert Arenas, here.
    That's fair. It's just that if the Nets get John Wall, Harris becomes very available, and the Nets become a much more attractive option for a big name free agent looking to get a max deal through a sign and trade. Basically what I'm saying is, if we're going to S&T Bosh, Harris could be a pretty attractive option if the Nets get the top pick.

Props on the list though...that is fucking thorough, and I agree with much of it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fair. It's just that if the Nets get John Wall, Harris becomes very available, and the Nets become a much more attractive option for a big name free agent looking to get a max deal through a sign and trade. Basically what I'm saying is, if we're going to S&T Bosh, Harris could be a pretty attractive option if the Nets get the top pick.

Props on the list though...that is fucking thorough, and I agree with much of it.
    Ya, if the Bosh wants to go to the Nets, Harris is definitely a good piece to get back in a sign and trade. I don't think the Raptors should go out of their way to get him, though.

I actually hope the T-wolves get the top pick, for two reasons. One, because I want to see them select three point guards in the lottery in two years (it would remind me when they kept drafting centers many years ago). The other one is to facilitate a trade I will propose on my blog after the lottery.

As for the list, I just looked at a list of the players on Hoopshype and typed them in. I don't know how thorough it is, since I realized I missed at least one player- Dejuan Blair. Besides, I needed to do something else, and typing it up was a great way to avoid it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

My thoughts exactly.

Now, I'm not saying that if it's a choice between Devin Harris and Ronny Turiaf, I'd take Turiaf. Obviously you take the more talented player. But those are the guys I'd try and get above getting Harris.
    That is a total contradiction....
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 13th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Harris is awesome and would take him over any player on the raptors. I don't know why Tim hates him so much. His value is low now because of his off year last year, he's easily the best piece rumored in possible S&T's.

I hope BC doesn't trade Bosh to NJ though, if they get a top two pick and land Bosh, they are looking at home court for the play offs next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

He's taking what we would have to give up into account.

As in, he would rather BC pursue a trade in which we give up a little to get a Turiaf or Foster than one where we give up what would be necessary to get Harris.

I just think the only way we would get Harris would be to S&T Bosh for him, in which case you have to measure it up only against the other Bosh trade options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    No, it's not. The player's I listed that I would try and get because I feel they'll make my team better. I, personally, wouldn't try and trade for Harris because he's not the type of player I like or feel makes a team better. If Indiana offered Foster and the Nets offered Harris for the same player, I'd take Harris simply because he's the more valuable asset. Foster, however, I would want to keep, whereas Harris is a player I would want to turn into something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I get what you're saying but most the guys you listed are either unattainable or would cost too much to acquire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information