Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should BC Trade Derozan & Marco Plus 1st Round Pick for Rudy Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should BC Trade Derozan & Marco Plus 1st Round Pick for Rudy Gay?

when Gay becomes free agent its likely he will move from grizzlies therefore would you do this trade...

Derozan
    Bellinelli
    1st round pick

for Rudy Gay
    there !st round pick

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by gwapstyll; Wed May 12, 2010, 08:05 PM.

Gay will be a restricted free agent and so, the Grizzlies can match, do a deal or just let him go. He is also looking for Aldridge type money (13 mill/yr for 5). Good player but not cheap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4618764

Comment

I'd like Iggy or Gay.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

That's a lot to give up (the players AND especially the salary) for a guy who has not really done anything, yet. That said, I certainly be tempted, but he'd obviously have to agree to it, and I can't see that happening.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

in a heartbeat

Comment

If BC can swing it, he should pull the trigger on such a trade.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              That's a lot to give up (the players AND especially the salary) for a guy who has not really done anything, yet. That said, I certainly be tempted
              That is my outlook too ... quite an expensive toll to pay ... but still, Gay has a lot of potential to improve and taking the chance on that may be worthwhile.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              but he'd obviously have to agree to it, and I can't see that happening.
              I think Gay is going to be in that $10-12 million range and if someone offers him a max contract, I think he'd happily agree to take that from whomever offered it. So, I like the Raptors chances of being able to get him to sign a deal.

The only issue is if some other team's options fall through and suddenly they become more interested in Gay + more willing to pay him a max deal.

That competition could screw things up ... but at the start of free agency, I think the Raptors are in a good place if they can get something done quickly.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I would like BC to offer Bargnani before offering DeRozan + a low lottery pick.

Memphis would probably say "no" but you never know ... they may be tempted by the idea of building around Bargnani + Gasol + Thabeet long term.

After all, Randolph only has one year left on his deal and is looking for max money. I think that would create some level of temptation there. Enough to make the deal? I don't know, probably not, but it's worth inquiring about.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

I'd do it yeah. Personally I'm not that high on DeRozan, but I'm still giving him a couple more years to really see if my hunch is right (ie. he ain't that good). If he can be at least as good as Sonny was this year (esp. on D), then there might be something there.

However, I would much rather trade any or all of Bargs, Hedo, Jose, and also Reggie and Marcus' contracts before dealing away DeMar.

Comment

I like Rudy Gay, but not at max money. And if the Raptors don't trade Hedo that's a lot of money tied up in the SF position.

Plus the Grizzlies are pretty well stocked with 3 SG's of their own currently. OJ Mayo is going to be the man there for a quite a while, so DeRozan and Marco would both be backups - which means the Grizz would have to get rid of R. Brewer and S. Young.

So unless there are a few trades that happen before or in connection with this one, I don't see it happening.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      I like Rudy Gay, but not at max money. And if the Raptors don't trade Hedo that's a lot of money tied up in the SF position.
                      I think Rudy Gay is athletic enough to play the two. Alongside Hedo and a point guard.

Although, I would be looking to remove Hedo from the picture if Gay was acquired. Not enough touches to go around + Gay needs a disciplined defensive team around him to fulfill his potential.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

i don't see memphis giving up their first rounder as they are still rebuilding.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X