Nash On Where Bosh Should Play Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash On Where Bosh Should Play Next Season

Steve Nash was on OTR with Landsberg today and has this to say about where he thinks Chris Bosh should play next season.

In recent weeks, the Raptors' Chris Bosh created a bit of a firestorm in Toronto and elsewhere when he started tweeting asking fans about where he should play next season.

Nash told OTR he had wanted to respond to Bosh on Twitter but that he didn't end up doing so. Landsberg asked Nash where he thought Bosh should play next season.

"Stay with the Raptors, of course," he said.
    Source - Click here

I think that the odds are more than 50-50 that Bosh stays.

In fact i think everyone of the big names will stay put except maybe Joe Johnson
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Let the LeBron talk officially begin tonight too.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Let the LeBron talk officially begin tonight too.
        Ya, until this series, I thought Cleveland was the most likely destination for LeBron. Now, I don't know. I never liked what Danny Ferry was doing in Cleveland, anyway.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Does anybody else think Mike Brown's job is in jeopardy? I've never thought he was a good coach at all, he seriously looks lost for the majority of the game.

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
            Does anybody else think Mike Brown's job is in jeopardy? I've never thought he was a good coach at all, he seriously looks lost for the majority of the game.
            Well, I never judge a coach by how he "looks", and neither do smart basketball people. Otherwise the Van Gundy's would never have gotten a job in the NBA.

And I think EVERYBODY's job on the Cavs is in jeopardy, as it should be.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The thing with the Cavs is this (and sorry to hijack this thread):

They were never good. Mo Williams was never good. Shaq is old. Ilgauskas is close. Antawn Jamison has never had any kind of playoff success. Delonte West is overrated. We all knew this 2-3 years ago. We all knew that the only reason this team was going anywhere was because of Lebron James. But then they started winning playoff games, dominating opponents, and then they dominated an entire regular season. So we all started thinking 'oh, maybe Williams isn't that bad.. after all it can't all be Lebron'. We started thinking this way for every player on the team, and then we thought about how much better Lebron has made everyone, and we got that confused with thinking his teammates were actually better NBA players than they were before.

But the reality is looking at his team he's got no help. The Cavs were never a good team to begin with. Without Lebron, in a 7 game series the Cavs would probably take 7 games to beat the Raptors (minus Bosh).
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

"They were never good. Mo Williams was never good. Shaq is old. Ilgauskas is close. Antawn Jamison has never had any kind of playoff success. Delonte West is overrated. We all knew this 2-3 years ago. We all knew that the only reason this team was going anywhere was because of Lebron James. But then they started winning playoff games, dominating opponents, and then they dominated an entire regular season. So we all started thinking 'oh, maybe Williams isn't that bad.. after all it can't all be Lebron'. We started thinking this way for every player on the team, and then we thought about how much better Lebron has made everyone, and we got that confused with thinking his teammates were actually better NBA players than they were before.

But the reality is looking at his team he's got no help. The Cavs were never a good team to begin with. Without Lebron, in a 7 game series the Cavs would probably take 7 games to beat the Raptors (minus Bosh)."

I completely disagree with this. Lebron has a good cast around him, one of the best in the league. Jamison may not have had playoff success but he would still be the best player on several teams in this league were he to be moved. Shaq is old, but the guy is still a force in the low post and can still draw a double team. Anderson Verejao is overpaid, but the guy would be a great piece on any team: he's a lock down defender and he does the dirty work. Plus they have guys like Hickson who know their roles. Moe Williams woldn't be an all star without Lebron, but he's still pretty an ok point. Shoots well for sure. Also, keep in ming a supporting cast is not designed to play without their star, they are meant to support that star. That being said, I think if Lebron goes down that that team still makes the playoffs. The only teams that I think really have a markedly better cast than the cavs are the Lakers and maybe the Nuggets.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'm closer to the "rest-of-the-team-isn't-all-that-good" side of room.

Shaq and Zydunas are both well down the slope and while they 'may' have been good against a team like the Lakers they were completely exposed against the a good mobile team like Boston.

- That is most of the Center minutes right there

Williams is a product of James - in terms of finishing Williams plays, creating space for Williams in which to make plays and making plays for Williams - so when Williams went up against Rondo he was completely out of his league.

- Cavs were dominated at the point

Jamison was a huge disappointment this series and he was completely exposed by Perkins and Garnett

------

Basically you had a team that was dominated in the backcourt and the frontcourt and the only two effective were Varejao and James.

For Cleveland to advance they will have to:

a. keep James
                  b. upgrade their PG spot with a decent back-up (the Gibson and Telfair combo is laughable)
                  c. find another C/PF who can play perimeter defense (unless JJ developes in a starter next year)

Problems are, from what I can see:

a. Cleveland only has the MLE available;
                  b. UFA list is light on decent PGs and Cs;
                  c. Everything else they do will have to be through the trade route and the team doesn't have many 'tradeable' pieces.

Their best hope for a 'homerun' (other than just resigning James) is trade Jamison in a package for an upgrade.

Comment

Mike Brown is in over his head in the playoffs when matched against good NBA coaches, period, straight up, no BS
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Lebron's supporting cast is not good. It's not as bad as Dwyane Wade's or Chris Paul's, but it's certainly a far cry from the cast surrounding guys like Kobe, Dwight, and Stoudemire. Guys who, not coincidentally, are still playing.

Aside from Mo and Jamison (who was AWFUL in this series), they don't have any real quality pieces. Hickson is nice, but he's not a legitimate contributor yet, and the rest of their team is overpaid and underproductive. Throw in a coach who clearly has had some trouble getting his team to be effective in the playoffs, and this team, as presently constructed, probably does not have a chance to win a title without Lebron going absolutely superhuman.

The top end of the league (Orlando, Boston, LA) is too talented for a repeat of the Cavs last Finals run, where Lebron ran through a relatively weak Eastern Conference by himself. He needs a sidekick, just like everyone else, and they haven't found one for him. (Sounds familiar to Raptors fans, doesn't it?)

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                        you mean this guy...
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X