Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM: LBJ & Bosh in Chicago Very Possible (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Mango, this isn't a soap opera. Did anyone discredit what Kobe did when Shaq was there? I don't remember it if they did, he got all the accolades you could dream and rings. Kobe doesn't even have much time left in the league. As soon as he starts to regress who's team is it then? Look at it this way, when TD entered San Antonio it was the Admiral's team but when the Admiral started to regress it turned into Duncan's team. I think you're making a big thing out of nothing. We're not talking about kids fighting over a toy here. There is lots of spotlight to go around in L.A. and no one is going to suddenly start discrediting James if he goes to L.A., if anything he will get more praise because he'll have some hardware and be part of the Lakers lore.
    I don't know why you dismiss it as such or downplay the notion. Basketball players have egos. Big egos. You brought up the perfect situation of Kobe and Shaq. Everything was peachy-keen at first, but as time went on, those two couldn't co-exist, hence Shaq was dealt to the Heat. Los Angeles is a big city, and it could work in sharing the spotlight - if Lebron was on the Clippers. But there's no way Stern would have the league's two biggest stars on the same team.

In the end, it's quite a thought to have LBJ and Kobe on the same team, but they couldn't play on the same team for an extended period of time.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      I don't know why you dismiss it as such or downplay the notion. Basketball players have egos. Big egos. You brought up the perfect situation of Kobe and Shaq. Everything was peachy-keen at first, but as time went on, those two couldn't co-exist, hence Shaq was dealt to the Heat. Los Angeles is a big city, and it could work in sharing the spotlight - if Lebron was on the Clippers. But there's no way Stern would have the league's two biggest stars on the same team.

In the end, it's quite a thought to have LBJ and Kobe on the same team, but they couldn't play on the same team for an extended period of time.
      It did work. It worked for a long time and they won many championships before they decided to part ways. It worked for a longer time than Kobe has left in the league.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        It did work. It worked for a long time and they won many championships before they decided to part ways. It worked for a longer time than Kobe has left in the league.
        But in the end, it was egos that drove them apart. And that's the reason why I can't see Lebron and Kobe on the same team (other than all-star games and olympics). Hell, look at the All-Star post-game festivities from this year and how much he sulked when he didn't win MVP honours. It's a wonderful thought for Laker fans but it probably won't happen.

Comment

If Lebron goes to Los Angeles it will be with the Clippers.

Add Lebron and you have

Griffin
          Kaman
          Lebron
          E. Gordon
          B. Davis

Now if the Clippers get the #1 pick add in J. Wall to replace BD in a couple of years. All the other guys are still young

The Clippers got the money
          The Clippers need to get a top coach which is possible
          Lebron would love to one up Kobe in Los Angeles and take away his Los Angeles crown.

If Lebron goes to Los Angeles it will be with the Clippers 4sure. You can put it in bank.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The big difference between Chicago and the Lakers is that Chicago doesn't actually have to trade anyone to get LeBron. They have enough cap room to sign him outright. Or if they do a sign and trade, the salaries don't have to match. Chicago could trade James Johnson and a couple of first round picks, and then Cleveland would get a big trade exception. With the Lakers, they would have to take back similar salary, which could put them over the luxury tax. If you were Cleveland, would you want to pay luxury tax AFTER LeBron leaves?

As for the Clippers, I don't see it being high on anyone's list. Sterling is the most hated owner in the NBA ...
            http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sord...onald-sterling

And I'm sure pretty much every player in the league has read this article...
            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nba

Until Donald Sterling sells the Clippers, I don't see them doing anything much, no matter who they draft.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Spurs situation was different. The stars on their team were drafted and homegrown. It wasn't a situation where a whole fan base went down the tubes because of it. The Lakers situation is a bit different as well. We're talking about signing mega-stars in their prime - much to what you pointed out, what the yankees do.
              However way each team did it those are super teams .
              "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

But in the end, it was egos that drove them apart. And that's the reason why I can't see Lebron and Kobe on the same team (other than all-star games and olympics). Hell, look at the All-Star post-game festivities from this year and how much he sulked when he didn't win MVP honours. It's a wonderful thought for Laker fans but it probably won't happen.
                Dude, did ego get in the was of KG, Allen and Pierce? Is ego getting in the way of Carter, Lewis and Howard? Is ego getting in the way of Gasol and Kobe? I think you're overrating this. LeBron and Kobe care about rings. To get rings you go out and get the best teammates you can find and then you make it work. LeBron is a facilitator who can score, Kobe is a scorer who can facilitate. They would work well together and both would get all the looks they wanted. Kobe has only a few good years left at best before he wears down. He has too much mileage, injuries have been piling up, its just that they're not being emphasized in the media because he's so tough that he plays through virtually everything.

Comment

Working...
                X