Bosh Situation Lacking Enthusiasm and Large Pizzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Situation Lacking Enthusiasm and Large Pizzas

As some of you might recall Mo_sales and I had this little bet on how far the Cadaviers would advance in the playoffs this season.

Hahahaha, large pizza it is.

I already got enough riding on Bron, no point in hedging now.
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...izza#post15162

Then this morning Arse pointed out in an article entitled
    Bosh situation lacking enthusiasm
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/05/1...ng-enthusiasm/

that the Raptors weren't doing enough to try and keep Bosh in Toronto.

So here is the deal

I will donate the large pizza that I won compliments of Mo_sales to one of Bosh's charities that he supports in Toronto. (There must be at least one), provided we can get at least 5 other members of the forum to do the same.

This way we can give 6 large pizzas or hopefully more to one of Bosh's favorite Toronto charities in his name. This of course would get some nice PR for Raptors Republic and Bosh would feel some love coming from his fan base in Toronto.

So anyone that is on board for this just give a shout-out on this thread.

One thing though. Someone else besides me will have to coordinate it going down.

Thanks
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Pizza? Really? I say we block off the the Don Valley to show support, just like the Sri Lankans did. That will get his attention! I am not down with the Pizza idea, Hedo already eats enough.
    Who's with me?

Comment

Season wrote: View Post
      Pizza? Really? I say we block off the the Don Valley to show support, just like the Sri Lankans did. That will get his attention! I am not down with the Pizza idea, Hedo already eats enough.
      Who's with me?
      If Raptors Republic donated some pizzas you might be able to get the kids who got the pizzas to sit down with you and blockade Don Valley. Make it a pizza blockade party for CB4
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 14, 2010, 11:03 AM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

No. I am not ready to go to jail for Bosh, but I am saying that pizza is not going to do it. Since the Raptors is Canada's team, we need a national effort. I am all for helping kids, but I am just worried it won't be enough.

Comment

Season wrote: View Post
          No. I am not ready to go to jail for Bosh, but I am saying that pizza is not going to do it. Since the Raptors is Canada's team, we need a national effort. I am all for helping kids, but I am just worried it won't be enough.
          Of course pizza isn't going to do it. geez

However, it will be a nice PR for Raptors Republic and show Bosh that at least those at Raptors Republic love him.

Comment

I think this is a really great idea, Buddah!!

In terms of getting the most charitable "bang" for my charitable "bucks", I think a financial contribution for a kids pizza party will have a bigger impact on the intended charitable recipients than the couple of hundred bucks I donate to professional administrative fundraisers every year.

You can count me in for 2 large pizzas for kids!
            RR OG

Comment

He may be on to something. I like the WeWantWade.com idea...Which is being put off by the Heat organization. Makes you wonder what all the suits are doing at MLSE? I think the people in MLSE know what the fans know, Bosh at max money makes it difficult to win unless you have another star on that level. Pure speculation on my part based on their decision to do nothing.

Comment

One idea would be we can do a pitch on Facebook, who ever has Chris Bosh as a friend on his page, or is a fan of Chris Bosh, lets all change our profile pics to Bosh's image, so that when he is looking through his facebook page, he'll see his pic everywhere and will know how much we'd like to see his mug back here in Toronto.

Comment

I don't know. Call me crazy, but I still think mo-sales could win that bet.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    He may be on to something. I like the WeWantWade.com idea...Which is being put off by the Heat organization. Makes you wonder what all the suits are doing at MLSE? I think the people in MLSE know what the fans know, Bosh at max money makes it difficult to win unless you have another star on that level. Pure speculation on my part based on their decision to do nothing.
                    I think the Toronto Raptors should follow this example and set up a website too...

NoWeWantWade.com
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                    X