Shaq's Decided He'll Playing Till He's 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq's Decided He'll Playing Till He's 41

Ugh .... quit while you're ahead big man. Your done like dinner.

What I can see him do is playing these last 3 or so years on 3 or 4 championship contending teams by just signing one year deals.

So, what does happen now? O'Neal is a free agent now and wants to keep playing.

"Of course," he said. "I missed 360 games because of injury in my career, so by my calculations I still have 3.7 years left. That means I'm going to play until I'm 41. I've been here 17 years but I've missed a lot of games, so I still feel I can play this game."

He has said he really enjoyed his experience in Cleveland, so he'd consider returning, although many things are undecided at this point, including the status of LeBron James and coach Mike Brown.

"There are a lot of free agents on the team," he said. "We just have to sit back and I'm sure everybody's going to do what's best for them."
    Source - Click here

NBA's version of Brett Farve?

Comment

"NBA's version of Brett Farve?"

Nope, Brett can still play at the highest level. Shaq is a role player now. Steve Nash is going to be the NBA's Brett Farve.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If he wants to keep playing then he should. What I do think he needs to do is pick one team and stick with them. I could see him landing in Chicago. I mean the other logical places for him to land if he wanted to win a ring would be...

Orlando: Can't do that because he acted like a spoiled child over a stupid name and disrespect Dwight Howard in the process.
        Lakers: Can't go there because he acted like a spoiled child and disrespected Kobe countless times.
        Rocket: Can't go there because he acted like a spoiled child and disrespected Yoa Ming.

Wait, there is a trend developing here, huh? I won't go further. Chicago seems like a logical choice. He would be a good practice dummy for Noah and no worries about him and Bosh not getting along because Bosh won't be there.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven of the Jordan Wiz playing era.

Comment

Shaq, you would of been the greatest if you kept your weight around 280-290 lbs., but you are getting fatter and think your slow ass and cheap talk will help teams.

BTW you think Shaq can figure out how to cover a pick and roll? Yah, I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

You just knew Shaq was done this season when he became (earlier in the season) a defensive liability against none others then Andrea bargnani

At least he won't be talking so much trash anymore because he can no longer back it up.

IMO both the Suns and the Cavs played better when he wasn't in their lineup, which farther suggests that Shaq is hurting more then helping.

Hang em up Shaq and join Barkley at the TNT booth.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              "NBA's version of Brett Farve?"

Nope, Brett can still play at the highest level. Shaq is a role player now. Steve Nash is going to be the NBA's Brett Farve.
              +1
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Chicago seems like a logical choice. He would be a good practice dummy for Noah and no worries about him and Bosh not getting along because Bosh won't be there.
                Question:

But will Obama give his approval?

Sorry I know its bad, but I just couldn't resist.

Yes you could have
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  You just knew Shaq was done this season when he became (earlier in the season) a defensive liability against none others then Andrea bargnani

At least he won't be talking so much trash anymore because he can no longer back it up.

IMO both the Suns and the Cavs played better when he wasn't in their lineup, which farther suggests that Shaq is hurting more then helping.

Hang em up Shaq and join Barkley at the TNT booth.
                  Bang on. M. Brown should have used more Varejao and Hickson and less Shaq and Z.

Comment

Working...
                  X