Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should We Get a Legit Centre if Chris Bosh Leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think there's a vast difference between a legit center and a prototypical center. Bill Laimbeer was a legit center, but certainly not a prototypical one. Same goes for Jack Sikma. Both of those guys could also do the things that centers are supposed to do, rebound and defend the paint. The fact that neither were real post players didn't matter.
    This is a god point. I guess I shouldn't eliminate a player for not being able to do what nearly all cannot these days, score efficiently and consistently in the post.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    And Perkins looked like he had the potential to be a very good center in the league before Garnett came to Boston, which is why Ainge wanted to keep him. He was only 22 when Garnett came, so he hadn't quite put it all together, yet, but I thought he would end up being a very good player.
    Personally, I wasn't sure if he would and I remember a lot of buzz back then questioning if he would be enough to help the trio arrive at their goal. He was but again, I wonder how much better a gentleman like Andrea Bargnani would look on defense if he had a world class defender like Kevin Garnett watching his back?

Comment

Perkins, overrated?!?! If anything, he is underrated. He is exactly what I want a C to do. Brutalize opposing big men, give hard fouls, crash the boards, set hard screens. His offensive game is mediocre, but he is not a liability.

Comment

I fail to see how he's underrated. He plays with one of the teams that gets the most attention in the league. He gets more attention than some superior players who don't have world class defenders watching their backs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Personally, I wasn't sure if he would and I remember a lot of buzz back then questioning if he would be enough to help the trio arrive at their goal. He was but again, I wonder how much better a gentleman like Andrea Bargnani would look on defense if he had a world class defender like Kevin Garnett watching his back?
          Perkins never had trouble with defense or rebounding. His biggest problem in his first few years was staying on the floor. He was a foul machine. Plus, he was very raw offensively. Defensively, he was always very good.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I think they should get a legit center no matter what Bosh does. That trade stinks for the 76ers. Lou Williams and Jrue Holiday are going to be an excellent young PG duo. Not sure why they break it up.
            lou williams=poor man's answer
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              lou williams=poor man's answer
              more like a star in the making...

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
                more like a star in the making...
                More like one-dimensional. (Note: a prolific chucker at the #1 is what Toronto needs)
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  More like one-dimensional. (Note: a prolific chucker at the #1 is what Toronto needs)
                  maybe you should watch the 76ers more often...

Comment

Working...
                  X