Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizz May Entertain Gay S&T

For what its worth even though there isn't any real news here:

The NBA confirmed that teams can begin discussing possible sign-and-trade scenarios in advance of the July 1 start of free agency.

Teams can discuss potential sign and trades before July 1, so long as no discussions are with the player(s) involved.

The Grizzlies haven't discussed that scenario as it relates to restricted free agent Rudy Gay. But it remains an option should Gay receive a contract offer sheet that is more than the Griz are willing to match.
    CommercialAppeal.com

hehe ... the subject title makes me laugh.

Anyhow, back on topic. Would love, love, love Gay here in Toronto, but unless we're able to move Hedo I don't see if happening.

Comment

Would you deal Bargnani for Gay? I think Gay is looking at a deal comparable with Aldridge. That's an extra $15M over Bargnani's contract. Gay is an all-star in the making. Would he please Bosh? Bargnani could be replaced through the draft and by using the MLE on a center. Hedo would be the 6th man or the Raptors would have to try Gay or him at the 2... I'm not sure they can move Hedo or not.
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon May 17, 2010, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Absolutely I'd do a Bargnani for Gay swap. I just can't see a large contract like Hedo's coming off the bench as a reserve. Clearly there was attitude & discpline issues with Hedo and if it was due to how he was being used, I don't see it sitting well with him to be demoted to the bench.

Comment

I think he needs to earn a starting role. He himself should be able to understand that after the train wreck he caused. Hedo has a lot of talent. I would hate for them to get back a big contract a with one or two less years on a player who can't play. That doesn't help the team, only the owners.

Comment

Working...
          X