Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HOOPSWORLD: Bosh Will Not Be Back in Toronto

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HOOPSWORLD: Bosh Will Not Be Back in Toronto

Take it with a grain of salt because after this is coming from HOOPSWORLD, but I'd be interested to know who their "sources"are.

"Sources close to the situation have said Chris Bosh will not be back in Toronto, the decision has been made... He'll shop a sign-and-trade."
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

A used car salesman?

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we've seen the best of CB4 early this past season, and early in the season before, and he's shown to not be able to maintain that level for a season. He seems to want to put himself in the top tier calibre of player, but he doesnt want to admit his deficiences, he's a superstar in his own mind. I think a lot of ppl don't really care either way what happens to him, we've been through that situation before with way more talented players. The best thing we can do is let him do what he wants, which is go somewhere else, and then not even acknowledge him when he returns to play...no booing or cheering, just ignore him. He better get used to being #2 option and rebounding and playing D , cuz on a better team, he will be exposed even more and his all-star days will be over.

Post Thanks / Like

The rumor about his knees bothers me but rumors aren't always fact and even if they are fact usually they're inaccurate in some way... Houston poses the best case scenario for Bosh. It delivers Bosh out division, out of conference and nets back some nice young pieces.

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think the Bulls could offer the best in a sign-and-trade scenario..

Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt because after this is coming from HOOPSWORLD, but I'd be interested to know who their "sources"are.
    That's weird. I got a call from someone saying they were from Hoopsworld, this morning, and they asked me if I followed the NBA and if I did, whether I thought Bosh would be back in Toronto. I said no and they hung up. Must be a coincidence.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RikkJames wrote: View Post
    I think we've seen the best of CB4 early this past season, and early in the season before, and he's shown to not be able to maintain that level for a season. He seems to want to put himself in the top tier calibre of player, but he doesnt want to admit his deficiences, he's a superstar in his own mind. I think a lot of ppl don't really care either way what happens to him, we've been through that situation before with way more talented players. The best thing we can do is let him do what he wants, which is go somewhere else, and then not even acknowledge him when he returns to play...no booing or cheering, just ignore him. He better get used to being #2 option and rebounding and playing D , cuz on a better team, he will be exposed even more and his all-star days will be over.
    This post is pretty emo. View things not as a loved one moving on, but a business parter moving on. No reason to feel so emotional about things.

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That's weird. I got a call from someone saying they were from Hoopsworld, this morning, and they asked me if I followed the NBA and if I did, whether I thought Bosh would be back in Toronto. I said no and they hung up. Must be a coincidence.
    lol. Probably not far off of what really happened!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote da_goose09 wrote: View Post

Bosh for any selection of Taj Gibson, Hinrich, Deng or Noah (whatever salaries match) along with draft picks. Obviously you wouldn't get Noah AND Deng, but might as well try.

From the Bulls perspective, if they can sign Lebron outright, they'd have Bosh, Lebron and Rose with other complimentary pieces around them.
    Why would James be willing to take less money and leave his old team hanging over Bosh? James is a hometown boy. If anyone is going to try and fetch his former club a sweetheart deal its him. In your scenario Bosh makes more money per year than James and gets an extra year more than James guaranteed.

Raptors Republic Rookie MattyG-Ray's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah isn't getting moved. They love him in Chicago, and for good reason. He played great this year. I really don't think Chicago is the best trading partner. I would much rather see Toronto ship Bosh to New Orleans to play with Chris Paul. In return Toronto would get Darren Collison, the 11th pick in this years draft, the Hornets 2012 first rounder, and whatever is needed to make the salaries match.
    I Am Shutup

Post Thanks / Like

The Bulls will not be offering Noah. Deng, Hinrich and Gibson (and maybe James Johnson). I can see them offering Deng and Gibson for one free agent and Hinrich and Johnson for another. That would allow them to dump some salary in order to save to re-sign Rose and Noah down the line.

Of course, if a team doesn't want Deng or Hinrich's contract back, they could just get Gibson or Johnson back and have a big trade exception.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
    Noah isn't getting moved. They love him in Chicago, and for good reason. He played great this year. I really don't think Chicago is the best trading partner. I would much rather see Toronto ship Bosh to New Orleans to play with Chris Paul. In return Toronto would get Darren Collison, the 11th pick in this years draft, the Hornets 2012 first rounder, and whatever is needed to make the salaries match.
    You need to ask yourself why Bosh would want to go to New Orleans when its been said he doesn't want to go to a small market team. If he were going to go to a small market team then the Thunder have the best assets in my opinion. Oh and then there's David West, who isn't that far behind to be getting paid less than half what Bosh is about to receive per year.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Source - Click here
    Link does not appear to go to article. When you search Bosh on the link you come up empty even if you go back in time.

RealGM is the only one that has anything on it and they have no link to hoopsworld.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Sources close to the situation have said Chris Bosh will not be back in Toronto, the decision has been made... He'll shop a sign-and-trade.
    This tweet was from yesterday early afternoon EDT. There is no link and nothing appears to be on the Hoopsworld website about this. I think it is totally bogus. Just my opinion
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 17th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Something is fishy when even "unnamed sources" won't take credit for it.

Post Thanks / Like

"take it with a grain of salt"

is that honestly not one of the cheesiest sayings ever?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

The best possibilty of quality return is Houston imo. Houston has to convince CB he could be the man there with a good team (and agree on the money). Unless there are better options for BC I think that would the spot. The Rockets have a deep roster and accumulated draft picks which makes dealing with them a plus for building team like the Raps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    "take it with a grain of salt"

is that honestly not one of the cheesiest sayings ever?
    "At the end of the day" has my vote. What happened to "finally", "consequently", "as a result", "after all is said and done" etc etc. There are talking heads who use that phrase like 5 five times in a two min. conversation. Drives me batty.

Post Thanks / Like

Bosh tweeted today

Man! I am truly and honestly out of shape. Lol
    http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

Okay Chris so what to do now?

Post Thanks / Like

Hollinger: Bosh Is Best Partner For LeBron This Summer
    May 17, 2010 5:36 PM EST

Stats guru John Hollinger of ESPN applies a range of criteria for analyzing who would be the ideal sidekick for LeBron James among the other free-agents and players on teams that have enough cap room to sign James.

Chris Bosh ranked the best teammate for James, followed by Dirk Nowitzki, David Lee, Amar'e Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer. Derrick Rose ranks eighth on Hollinger's list and Dwyane Wade ranks ninth.

Hollinger calls Bosh "the perfect companion" and says Lee is "near perfect," though he notes that neither Lee nor Boozer is adequate defensively.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...n_this_summer/

Thread Information