Raptors Jerseys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Jerseys

Personally i like their jerseys but i want them to go back to the black and purple jerseys

anyone else agree??

and

Lebron to Toronto '10

^^ I say they scrap that Jurrasic Park Era and go back to the Huskies. They sold more Huskies merchandise than the dino version, this year. The Dino version is for kids, to me. The name came at the height and popularity of Jurrasic Park, those days. Why? Because the public voted and had a part to do with it, when we knew we were gonna get the franchise. I do not think that name holds any "Umph" to me. I think the dinos only live in movies, but huskies are always here. Plus, huskies reflect our "winter" image more than a dinosaur that died millions of years ago.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I also prefer the old Purple Raptors Jerseys to the new Red ones. I know the red is for Canada, but those purple jerseys were sharp.
      I like the Huskies idea (not named after an awesome Movie/Novel would be nice) but I think that if they go to the huskies they keep the red so it's more representative of Canada, which seems to be the goal here.
      In summary: Raptors should wear the purple, Huskies should where the red.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Stick with the red, who really wants to wear purple???

Comment

I think they should compromise and go with a blue and black color scheme similar to Duke in the NCAA. Toronto's major pro teams color schemes are currently divided between blue (Leafs, Jays, Argos) and red (FC, Raptors). Since there are so many NBA teams with red and black already (Bulls, Heat, Blazers) why not go to the unique blue and black? Plus, Sactown already dons black and purple, let the Kings have their royal purple. Just a thought.

Comment

I think if they're going to do anything it should be to the blue and white, although I don't really see those colors going with the current Raptors logo(the dino one). Maybe if they lost that one altogether and stuck with just the claw it might work. The jersey's that the Kentucky Wildcats wore this year were the nicest basketball jersey's I've seen yet, royal blue and white(the design and fit were great too). I liked the Huskies jersey's as well but found them to be a bit plain.

They could definitely be nice if they mixed in some black and "Naismith silver" to the blue and white, but then they would be too similar to Orlando.

Purple isn't the greatest color marketing-wise, unless you're the L.A. Lakers, which is why i think they got rid of that color scheme. I think the red is here to stay for a while.

Comment

Dont really like the red.
              Would be happy for purple or Blue like leafs and jays

Comment

noname27 wrote: View Post
                Personally i like their jerseys but i want them to go back to the black and purple jerseys

anyone else agree??

and

Lebron to Toronto '10
                I didn't mind the purple at all and would welcome a move back. I like the purple jerseys of around 2001-2004, but I think people are still scarred by the ugly purple jerseys of the 90s and think of those when they hear a mention of the color purple.

Purple's a unique color in the league, red, black and white are played out.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  I didn't mind the purple at all and would welcome a move back. I like the purple jerseys of around 2001-2004, but I think people are still scarred by the ugly purple jerseys of the 90s and think of those when they hear a mention of the color purple.
                  You don't like the early '90s Purple with pinstripes? I still rock my Damon Soddomizer stitched jersey every now and then.

Comment

"Purple's a unique color in the league, red, black and white are played out."

I agree that red, black and white is played out. But the Lakers, Kings, Suns are rocking purple...purple is not unique

Comment

Orange!!!
                      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

For those of you who are fans of the ol' purple Dino jerseys-your in luck! A buddy of mine who works at MLSE let it be known to me that next years "retro" jersey will be:

I will definitely be copping one!

Comment

I dunno about anyone else, but I'll be looking forward to those dates .40. It's a lot easier to relate to those than the Huskies jersey's. Bring us back to the 90's baby, when our team was the... well, shit!

Comment

Working...
                          X