ESPN: Ford's Raptors Lottery Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Ford's Raptors Lottery Preview

If ... and I mean IF the Raptors somehow on earth landed in the Top 3 tonight for the lottery selection, it might just save Bosh from leaving town after all.

Here's Chad Ford analysis regarding the Raptors:

Toronto Raptors

Pick 1: John Wall (0.6 percent)

Pick 2: Evan Turner (0.7 percent)

Pick 3: Derrick Favors (0.9 percent)

Analysis: Perhaps no team has more riding on this lottery than the Raptors. If they hit a home run and win the lottery, they would have a stronger argument to convince soon-to-be free agent Chris Bosh to stay in Toronto. Bosh wants to see the Raptors transform into a title contender and with Wall in the picture, that suddenly becomes much more plausible.

GM Bryan Colangelo is also a fan of versatile players like Turner. How he'd fit with last year's free-agent pickup Hedo Turkoglu and last year's lottery pick DeMar DeRozan is a bit of a mystery, but I don't think the Raptors would pass on the chance to get him.

Favors would be more like insurance should Bosh bolt this summer.
    Source - Click here

Fingers crossed.

Comment

i think this probably has the same percentage - landing a top 3 pick and Lebron donning a Raptors jersey.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Fingers crossed.
        I have my testicles crossed. Makes sitting down a little painful, but I'm willing to take one for the team.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          i think this probably has the same percentage - landing a top 3 pick and Lebron donning a Raptors jersey.
          What if they landed BOTH?

I'm not expecting anything but 13 tonight really, a top 3 would be great. Bosh might think a lot more about staying if they got 1 or 2. And 3 could land us Favors as his replacement or Cousins possibly.

Comment

I guess we can hope
            i know if we do win ill have a happy-attack

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I have my testicles crossed. Makes sitting down a little painful, but I'm willing to take one for the team.

Comment

we're f'd stern has no reason to fix us a lottery pick

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  ha, i love that freakin ad.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                  X