Arenas is Officially on the Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arenas is Officially on the Block?

The Wiz just won the lotto. The Wiz just essentially won John Wall's rights. The Wiz will now naturally look the dump Arenas as soon as possible in a cap dump ploy. Start fresh, right? I think so. What do you think?
    Yes
    71.43%
    No
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

I definitely think they'll try hard to trade him. I wonder who's going to want to take his contract and baggage on? Our beloved Raptors possibly?

Let the true mock drafts begin!!

Comment

If the Wiz were willing to take back Turkoglu then maybe... Turkoglu and fillers is probably the best offer they could hope to get.

Comment

I could see Arenas being a real problem child for the Raps, I hope BC doesn't try to land him. He might have some troubles getting in and out of the country all the time .

As long as it would be; say Turk, Banks, and Evans. I wouldn't want any of the youngsters headed that way. I'm pretty sure the Wiz will be looking to go full rebuild anyways.

Comment

wouldnt be surprised if the wiz take evan turner and try to play him with gilbert. thats what KD said on twitter, anyway.

Comment

oh whoops i didn't even see this thread. hell yeah i'd try to trade him! as i said in that other thread though i think it's a tough task. he's got an enormous contract, signed that shitty contract after sitting out a whole year with knee trouble (SMRT washington), sat out another year with more knee trouble, and then was suspended the majority of last season.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              I could see Arenas being a real problem child for the Raps, I hope BC doesn't try to land him. He might have some troubles getting in and out of the country all the time .
              his character is not the real reason i'd be scared to take him on (i don't think he's anywhere near as terrible a dude as he was made out to be, but just made a seriously stupid mistake), i'm more worried about his health and that gigantic goddamn sum of money he is owed. i actually think he's looking for a fresh start and would be on his best behaviour wherever he lands

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

As long as it would be; say Turk, Banks, and Evans. I wouldn't want any of the youngsters headed that way. I'm pretty sure the Wiz will be looking to go full rebuild anyways.
                Arenas never wasn't a problem until he pulled that stupid stunt with the guns. He's not a head case but he was extremely stupid. I think he has a lot of pride and this has to have been a humbling experience.

Comment

I wish the Wizards good luck moving the 4 remaining years of Arenas' full-max contract. I suggest they give the Knicks a call towards the beginning of August.
                  RR OG

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                    his character is not the real reason i'd be scared to take him on (i don't think he's anywhere near as terrible a dude as he was made out to be, but just made a seriously stupid mistake), i'm more worried about his health and that gigantic goddamn sum of money he is owed. i actually think he's looking for a fresh start and would be on his best behaviour wherever he lands
                    Alright, problem child wasn't the right choice of wording. I was thinking along the lines of his future being a little uncertain because of that incident last season but even more so because of his injuries. He's great when he's healthy but he's only played 47 games total the last three seasons. Now, some people may think that's not such a bad thing since his legs may have saved a lot of wear and tear over the years, but he seems to be injury prone. I'd just rather not chance it for that kind of money. If we thought Turks contract is bad, what happens if Gilbert's on the shelf for 60 games a season at double the price?

When the Raps might be able to actually compete with the big boys, realistically it could be another 3 or 4 years anyways, he'd be at the point where his body is likely starting to wear down.

Comment

I think you have to do Arenas for Turk/Jose at this point. You end up replacing one flawed franchise player with another and get out from under two bad contracts with two mediocre players for one bad contract with one enigmatic player.

Gilbert is the best option to replace Bosh's scoring and double team threat and you have to hope he will be motivated to get his reputation back.

It would be the boldest move of BC's career, but I don't see another star available anywhere else for the two worst contracts on this team.

I'm not sure if I support this move more for my love of Gilbert or my loathing of Jose and Turk. I can't not overstate the significance of shedding those two dead weights from the roster and finally having player's on the court capable of playing active defense, minus agent 0, everyone knows he's allergic to defense.

Gilbert is the ultimate reclamation project and if surrounded by the right pieces could be an invaluable piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Not so fast. Grunfeld said last night that Arenas' place with the Wiz isn't in danger. Not a given that they'll take Wall either and are seriously considering Turner instead.

I just got off a conference call with Washington Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld. Outside of the typical happiness and optimism from getting the No. 1 pick in this year’s Draft, Grunfeld didn’t commit to picking consensus top prospect John Wall, and said Gilbert Arenas‘ place with the team isn’t in danger.

Dime: Does this change any plans you might have had regarding Gilbert Arenas?

EG: Nope. Gilbert is still with us. He’s in the gym working out and getting ready. The more good players you have on your team, the better, and he’s a great player.
                        Source - Click here

Comment

Of course that's Grunfeld's response. He's not going to publicly state to the media that Arenas is on the block - what happens if he doesn't like the trade offers for him and thus decides to keep him? Arenas already feels unwanted after the gun incident, this would completely destroy any form of chemistry between Gilbert and the organization.

It's possible that the Wiz take Evan Turner, but if anything I'd assume they take John Wall and play Arenas at the 2 or trade him sometime this off season.

Comment

Wizards’ top exec: Gilbert Arenas isn’t being traded, John Wall not a lock for D.C.

by Austin Burton - Dime Magazine

I just got off a conference call with Washington Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld. Outside of the typical happiness and optimism from getting the No. 1 pick in this year’s Draft, Grunfeld didn’t commit to picking consensus top prospect John Wall, and said Gilbert Arenas‘ place with the team isn’t in danger.
                            Of course Grunfeld may just be saying that to try and keep up the trade value for the gunslinger. We shall see

Read the whole thing here

http://dimemag.com/2010/05/wizards-t...-being-traded/
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Beat ya to it Buddah .... look at a couple posts above yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X