No announcement yet.

Send Bosh to Orlando?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosh is already slated to make 17.2 next year on his current contract. I doubt him signing to a max deal will have the same amount.

Comment

I really like this S&T - one of the better S&T's proposed... I would even throw in Derozan to make it happen. It seems most people at RR love Derozan... I think he is completely overrated and believe he may be the second coming of Fred Jones.

Any way to include Hedo is this deal? (Just wishful thinking, I know.)

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        Bosh is already slated to make 17.2 next year on his current contract. I doubt him signing to a max deal will have the same amount.
        I don't think you fully understand how a max contract works. Given the players number of years of experience, you pay him a certain 'max' percentage of the salary cap. For a player of Bosh, Wade, and LeBron's experience, that's 30%. So if you have a 56.1 million dollar salary cap, then the first year of a max contract is $16.83 million dollars.

The 17.2 you are quoting is a player option. I'm not certain, but had he picked up the player option and grabbed the extension BC offered, he'd be making more money.

Comment

honestly, I thought of this possibility long time back... but if I were Orlando, I would forget about bosh and go after Dwade... They would have the pieces to get back wade from miami in a s & T. All wade needs to do is say to miami im not comin back. For wade, orlando is warm weather, miami is light years away from winning anything even if bosh signs there (how they won 47 games is unbelievable to me), him + dwight + role players in orlando = title next year. Miami would probably even just accept gortat and lewis if wade really said he were gonna leave no matter what... anyway the magic have enough chips to work with...

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
            I really like this S&T - one of the better S&T's proposed... I would even throw in Derozan to make it happen. It seems most people at RR love Derozan... I think he is completely overrated and believe he may be the second coming of Fred Jones.

Any way to include Hedo is this deal? (Just wishful thinking, I know.)
            I wouldn't give away DeMar yet but Orlando does have a $6M trade exception from the Hedo deal. Get a third team involved for one of Hedo/Jose/Jack and some draft picks going and it would make it that much sweeter.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              I don't think you fully understand how a max contract works. Given the players number of years of experience, you pay him a certain 'max' percentage of the salary cap. For a player of Bosh, Wade, and LeBron's experience, that's 30%. So if you have a 56.1 million dollar salary cap, then the first year of a max contract is $16.83 million dollars.

The 17.2 you are quoting is a player option. I'm not certain, but had he picked up the player option and grabbed the extension BC offered, he'd be making more money.
              oh i see. Thanks Marz. So why didnt he just pick up the option, bolster his chances even more on getting a max contract by further increasing his numbers?

Comment

Only way to drag Mick Mouse City into Bosh scenario is to include Hedo and Rashard in it. I've already mentioned before in here: Bosh+Hedo for Polish Hammer+Shard. Contracts are matching each-others. You will get balanced squad and they will get their facilitator back.

Bosh will definitely effect their inside-out & quick ball movement style but they seems they desperately need to change something after ECF fiasco. It will also give them another All-Star to build around in case of loosing Dwight to LA in close future.

Comment

Orlando wasn't going to sign Hedo last year for that much money, I doubt that Bosh is enough to make them reconsider now. Plus Rashard has a horrible contract, even worse the Hedo's I'd say. Gortat is definitely not worth it if that's the case.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Its being said in this thread, Unloading Bass/Pietruss/Gortah contracts would not help Orlando's cap space while adding another max contract player in to their roster. For Hedo, They already offered 4 year 9 mil contract to him last year after Vince signing. Just 1 mil extra would not kill them especially considering how they need him in this series. (Hedo killed Boston last year at Boston in game 7 with 25 points 11 assists 6 rebounds) . He may be not worth to 5 mil for your ball happy offence but he definitely weights heavier over there. For Shard, I love his style personally. Esp his smooth shooting style, low post plays. He just cant create his own shoot. Yes his contract is one of the worst of the league but it doesnt mean he is bad player.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      oh i see. Thanks Marz. So why didnt he just pick up the option, bolster his chances even more on getting a max contract by further increasing his numbers?
                      If he picked up the option and snagged the extension, he would no longer be in the driver seat in terms of where to go this season. Right now he can give BC a list of teams he'd like to go to, and BC can try to facilitate a sign-and-trade for him. Also if he picked up the option and didn't sign an extension, he wouldn't have a contract after next season - this is bad because of the possible lockout.

Bosh, Wade, and LeBron are all doing the same thing and that's weighing their options. They all basically have the same contracts. The only difference is Wade lives in an attractive city and can have both his friends sign with him in the ideal situation. That's right, PG/Wade/LeBron/Bosh/C is a possiblity. It's unlikely, but it could happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X