Maybe Prokhorov Would Bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Prokhorov Would Bite

I was just thinking maybe Prokhorov could be tempted into taking Bargnani a mobile scoring big man for Brook Lopez a Yank. Throw in K. Dooling to make the money work and I would go for that.

I wouldn't to it if I owned the Nets but then I didn't grow up on European and Russian basketball either.

I think if BC were cagey he would at least make a call or two or three, who knows. Phone calls today are cheap enough
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

i know the dude said he was not gonna bring back kiki as GM but i am going to presume prokhorov is not going to make himself GM.

i will also therefore assume that whoever does get made GM will laugh at BC while hanging up the phone

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
      i know the dude said he was not gonna bring back kiki as GM but i am going to presume prokhorov is not going to make himself GM.

i will also therefore assume that whoever does get made GM will laugh at BC while hanging up the phone
      You my friend don't understand the Russian mentality especially one who has made billions. This guy will initially and maybe forever sign off on every player transaction that the Nets make.

He has not invested hundreds of millions to turn his money over to a Yank without his final approval. You can bet on it.

When someone has made as much money as Prokhorov has they think that they know everything and then some. Cuban signs off on every player transaction that the Mavs make, all the more so for Prokhorov. You have to understand that Russians have a superiority complex when it comes to Americans, Canadians etc, especially Russians that have made billions.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed May 19, 2010, 04:23 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i mean okay, whatever.

i'm gonna make another assumption that he didn't make 13 billion dollars signing off on transactions that are the business equivalent of a retarded child stabbing himself in the eye with a spoon, to quote david thorne

Comment

If they want to take Bargnani, and even the 13th pick, for their 3rd pick, I'm all for it. If they can entice LeBron, then I think it might actually work. Bargnani would be a nice compliment to LeBron and Lopez on offense, and anyone they draft at number 4 would obviously be a rookie, so may take time to get acclimatized. Hey, it's worth a shot.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

All in all it would have been even better if the Raptors had a Kirilenko (or some other Russian) on the roster. It would have been a no-brainer to arrange a powwow with Prokhorov. As a matter of fact he has stated he wants to go international (I assume both in players and nba business ventures) so ho about a swap of gms? Rod Thorn might be ill suited (pun unintended) with that business plan while our own sartorially dressed BC might be a better fit for the international aspirations (as well as a Bargnani move).

Comment

It seems like Raptors fans are for this deal.

Its worth a phone call for BC even if Prokhorov hangs on him which he won't because of BC's international reputation.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                i mean okay, whatever.

i'm gonna make another assumption that he didn't make 13 billion dollars signing off on transactions that are the business equivalent of a retarded child stabbing himself in the eye with a spoon, to quote david thorne
                Rookies got so much to learn, including manners.

I am sure you can find a Tim Horton's. I like devil's food donuts

Comment

If you've heard anything about the guy, you would know that he delegates authority to people he trusts. It sounds like it will be the same way for the Nets. He's not a rube whose wasted on vodka 24/7. He knows what he's doing. And trading B. Lopez for Bargs is not what anyone should be doing.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Rookies got so much to learn, including manners.

I am sure you can find a Tim Horton's. I like devil's food donuts
                    alright allstar, i'll drop 'em off next time i'm in LA.

wasn't meaning to be a prick, just making light of your wild optimism.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      If you've heard anything about the guy, you would know that he delegates authority to people he trusts. It sounds like it will be the same way for the Nets. He's not a rube whose wasted on vodka 24/7. He knows what he's doing. And trading B. Lopez for Bargs is not what anyone should be doing.
                      I wouldnt particularly argue with you that an individual with his net worth does not have a case of the smarts. But I hope you dont think that a member of the Russian oligarchy and the nouveau riche set in that country (many of who did not come to their wealth using a high standard of business ethics) are not without their eccentricities, personal foibles and mistakes entirely. The following link must say something in that regard about Prokhorov ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...sive-home.html

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                        Ya, there's no way they'd do Bargnani for Lopez. Not in a million years. Apparently I didn't read the trade proposal very carefully, because I had no idea it was for Lopez. I agree that Colangelo would get laughed off the phone.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nets To Hire Russian For Front Office

May 21, 2010 7:33 AM EST

The Nets are nearing an agreement with CSKA Moscow president Andrei Vatutin to take a senior-level, front-office job with the franchise, according to multiple sources.

New Jersey's Rod Thorn will take over the general manager duties, in addition to his president's role, but Vatutin's role will be significant.

New owner Mikhail Prokhorov may want Vatutin groomed to someday become an NBA GM
                          http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._front_office/

Comment

Prokhorov knows something about the game of basketball. He also employs people who know something about the game of basketball.

Anyone who knows anything about the game of basketball, regardless of their country of origin, would literally shit themselves laughing if they got offered Andrea Bargnani for Brook Lopez in a straight up trade. Like, that is honestly such an absurd trade offer.

Just because he's foreign doesn't mean he and his staff are morons.

But hey...I heard Mitch Kupchak had tacos for dinner last night. Maybe he'd give us Kobe straight up for Calderon! It's worth a call!
                            Last edited by TM Williamson; Fri May 21, 2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
                              Prokhorov knows something about the game of basketball. He also employs people who know something about the game of basketball.

Anyone who knows anything about the game of basketball, regardless of their country of origin, would literally shit themselves laughing if they got offered Andrea Bargnani for Brook Lopez in a straight up trade. Like, that is honestly such an absurd trade offer.

Just because he's foreign doesn't mean he and his staff are morons.

But hey...I heard Mitch Kupchak had tacos for dinner last night. Maybe he'd give us Kobe straight up for Calderon! It's worth a call!
                              So if you were BC you would make this trade?

Comment

Working...
                              X