Thread: #4

Post Thanks / Like

Default #4

If Bosh is out what are your thoughts on a Raptors player wearing his number next season? I personally would like for it to happen. Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Bosh is out what are your thoughts on a Raptors player wearing his number next season? I personally would like for it to happen. Thoughts?
    So what you are saying is that #4 with Bosh's name on it will never hang from the ACC.

If MLSE has no intention of hanging #4 with Bosh's name on it then why not give the number to someone else? I say go for 4 it
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it a few seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
    Took a couple of seasons before someone took Vince's #15 (Garbajosa).

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the Raptors don't wish to charish mediocrity then no, it should not hang. Not saying Chris is mediocre but if you placed him in a Lakers or Celtics jersey for that amount of time it would be a no brainer "no".

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it 3 seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
    Long term relationships get an accepted one month out of the game period but Chris' number gets three years? Bow down to the power of the four.

If they have no intention of retiring it and he chose to leave then there should be know "do not touch" period on #4.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed May 19th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Bosh, but if he leaves, his jersey should not be retired and if it's not retired, why not let someone else wear it?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than 0, 4 is the shittiest single digit jersey number you could have IMO. I don't think I can think of any other #4's in recent history off the top of my head. Well, at least he made it his own. I wouldn't wear it.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really dont care if someone takes his number
    but i dont see it happening this season

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Force POB to change his number to 4 as a tribute to Bosh.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I don't think someone should take that number right away. Give it a few seasons or so. After that, it's fair game. Unless that player is a star player and can handle pressure/make everyone forget about Bosh, the burden associated with that number and this team might be too much.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

milsap

Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he chooses to leave, then he also gives up the jersey and number. He's done alot for the franchise and we can honor him some other time. We shouldnt really make a habit of letting ex-player's memories linger, show the other guys an the new guys that are here that we're moving on forward .
    Last edited by RikkJames; Wed May 19th, 2010 at 08:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we shouldn't even be discussing this, he's no Superstar, he's only won THREE playoff games for us.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like CB4, if he leaves this summer, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey hung up at ACC. I rather Alvin Williams' jersey displayed at ACC!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    As much as I like CB4, if he leaves this summer, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey hung up at ACC. I rather Alvin Williams' jersey displayed at ACC!
    Considering we've done and gone nowhere but the 2nd round of the playoffs once, no one deserves to have their jersey hanging from the ACC rafters. We're still years away from that happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    What's your point? That Amir wears #15? Garbo wore it before him, but it took a couple of seasons before someone actually wore 15 after Carter.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that the franchise should hold onto the number, it's about who really is going to want to step in right away and wear that number? That number is associated with arguably the greatest Raptor ever (albeit we have a brief history). I don't think it'll be worn for a few seasons.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just remembered another Raptor who wore number 4:

Sharone Wright, Baby! Almost as good as Bosh, no? Too bad for that car accident...
    Last edited by Mack North; Thu May 20th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bosh's 4 Jersey will be in the rafters in the ACC

theres no question Bosh's jersey will be retired, he is the greatest raptor ever, has done
    alot for the city of T.O. and has been a solid role model for the kids.eventhough there hasn't been much success for bosh in the playoffs, he still gave it his all, unlike a guy that wore "15".

Im sure bosh does'nt want to end up ringless in his career thats why i believe he is leaving,
    turst me next season raptors fans will realize bosh's importance, lets hope Avery Bradley and Demar derozan can become Stud$ in the NBA

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Sharone. I thought he was solid player and that he'd be here for years. It's a shame about the accident.

Thread Information