Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Send Bosh to Orlando?

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Send Bosh to Orlando?

Just read Brothersteve's article that would like to see bosh shipped to Orlando in an S&T

An instant rebuild with Gortat, Bass, and Pietrus. Players ready to step into the Raptors rotation and elevate Toronto’s much maligned defense into a position of respectability.
    Don't know if bosh would like to play with Dwight in orlando but it sounds like a decent return for us and he does make a good case that orlando has too much talent and not enough minutes to play them.

Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The trade of Bosh to the Magic for Bass, Gortat and Pietrus is interesting.

So if no other trades were made you have

Starters
    ==========
    Bass
    Bargnani
    Turkoglu
    Calderon
    DeRozan

Bench
    ==========
    Gortat
    Johnson
    Pietrus
    Weems
    Jack
    Belinelli
    Draft Pick

Street clothes
    ================
    Evans
    Banks

Good depth, a nice bench and a log jam at the wing position which would be made worse if Bradley were drafted.

If Bosh wants out, I like this trade. The money works.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Bass starting if he came here, Buddah. And is that the 5 you have him slotted at? He's only 6'8". I think you'd have to start Gortat, or keep Bargs at the 5 and start Johnson at the 4.

It would be interesting since we'd get three pretty decent players back, if for nothing else than to get some young talent back from a contender.

Also, if they drafted Bradley maybe they could flip Calderon or Jack for a serviceable big.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

You can't start Bass at the 3. Gortat, Bargnani and Bass in the font court isn't very good.

Besides, Bass had had his arse nailed to the bench for most of the season, so what gives?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone said to play Bass at the 3.

Anyway, he's been nailed to the bench because Van Gundy doesn't trust he is "smart" enough to follow the defensive/offensive sets of such important games. He's playing the guys who make less mistakes and have a higher bball IQ. It is the playoffs afterall.

Raptors Republic Rookie da_goose09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Gortat would start.. not Bass.

Gortat would actually be a decent compliment to Bargs, and I think he could impress if given more PT.

If Orlando gets ousted (especially with the Celts reaching for the brooms up 2-0 heading home) I can see them shaking things up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    he does make a good case that orlando has too much talent and not enough minutes to play them.

Thoughts?
    I don't think Orlando sees anything wrong with this. "Oh darn, we're too talented, we'd better make a trade."

But anyway, if Orlando would actually trade Gortat only one season after matching Dallas' offer for him then I'd go for it. Start him at 5, move Bargs to 4. Bass would be just a throw-in, him and Reggie could fight for minutes after Amir.

But yeah, not sure why Orlando should do that.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hhhmmm, nobody seems to be mentioning Rashard, their starting PF. Although he can play SF and VC can take the 2-guard spot, it would be the most expensive starting five in NBA history, Howard (16mil) Bosh (20mil) Lewis (20mil) Carter (17mil) Nelson (7mil). Yowza!

It would be definitely be a monster starting five, but the bench is gonna grow thin. Seeing how Dhow gets into foul trouble most games, they will definitely need Gortat. But if theyre willing to do the trade, it would be super awesome for the Raps. Gortat can play the 5 and would definitely be a good fit, as he is not offensive minded, Bargs can do all the scoring. Bass will be our muscle inside and pietrus our defensive stopper.

I say, DO IT!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This move by Orlando makes so much sense (especially if they lose to Boston), funny not one of the so called experts has floated it previously. Well done Brothersteve. Neither Gortat or Bass have been happy coming off the bench, and people questioned Otis Smith's motives in paying big bucks for reserves when the Magic were already paying the luxury tax. Perhaps he had this plan in the back of his head all along. And what kind of starting five would that be - Howard, Bosh, Lewis, Carter, and Nelson! Wow! (And who wouldn't want to play with Howard? Besides, he and Bosh are to be good friends.)

Raptors Republic Rookie TM Williamson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Orlando's bench would have to be legitimately humorous if they went through with this. $80 million tied up in your starting lineup? That's madness! The only rotation guys they would have left on the bench would be Redick, Barnes, and Anderson, all of whom are basically shooters. They would have to get real creative to fill out that bench with productive players.

I like it for the Raps though. Some size and some defense would at least help us stay in some games next year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TM Williamson wrote: View Post
    Orlando's bench would have to be legitimately humorous if they went through with this. $80 million tied up in your starting lineup? That's madness! The only rotation guys they would have left on the bench would be Redick, Barnes, and Anderson, all of whom are basically shooters. They would have to get real creative to fill out that bench with productive players.

I like it for the Raps though. Some size and some defense would at least help us stay in some games next year.
    A bench of Reddick, Barnes, and Anderson is excellent. You have a stretch forward, a pure shooter, and a gritty defender. I really don't see the issue. They sign a veteran centre for the minimum (Jermaine O'Neal said he was okay with doing that) and they're good to go.

@tibhis: Bosh won't be making $20 million.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Marz wrote: View Post
    A bench of Reddick, Barnes, and Anderson is excellent. You have a stretch forward, a pure shooter, and a gritty defender. I really don't see the issue. They sign a veteran centre for the minimum (Jermaine O'Neal said he was okay with doing that) and they're good to go.

@tbhis: Bosh won't be making $20 million.
    i agree. they will definitely attract journeymen who would sign for the minimum for the chance to play for a contender.

Why not 20mil? you mean more?

Raptors Republic Rookie A00715890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    i agree. they will definitely attract journeymen who would sign for the minimum for the chance to play for a contender.

Why not 20mil? you mean more?
    because it starts at 15 mil if iam not mistaken..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TM Williamson wrote: View Post

Madness? Quite possibly, but they're already committed to an $81.5-million payroll next season for just nine players. That includes $10.5 million between Gortat & Bass for them to ride the bench again. It also includes a $4-million cap hold for Reddick - and he's poised to earn more than that after his play this year. They're only paying Matt Barnes $1.6-million, and there's no way they get him re-signed for anything close to that next year. The Magic are desperate to win a championship now, so they may figure an awesome starting five with serviceable scrubs filling out the rest of the rotation will do the job. They move into their new arena next year, so revenues will increase.
    Last edited by Raptomist; Wed May 19th, 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote A00715890 wrote: View Post
    because it starts at 15 mil if iam not mistaken..
    I think the number everyone is throwing around is roughly $17M - which is 30% of next year's projected cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Bosh is already slated to make 17.2 next year on his current contract. I doubt him signing to a max deal will have the same amount.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this S&T - one of the better S&T's proposed... I would even throw in Derozan to make it happen. It seems most people at RR love Derozan... I think he is completely overrated and believe he may be the second coming of Fred Jones.

Any way to include Hedo is this deal? (Just wishful thinking, I know.)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Bosh is already slated to make 17.2 next year on his current contract. I doubt him signing to a max deal will have the same amount.
    I don't think you fully understand how a max contract works. Given the players number of years of experience, you pay him a certain 'max' percentage of the salary cap. For a player of Bosh, Wade, and LeBron's experience, that's 30%. So if you have a 56.1 million dollar salary cap, then the first year of a max contract is $16.83 million dollars.

The 17.2 you are quoting is a player option. I'm not certain, but had he picked up the player option and grabbed the extension BC offered, he'd be making more money.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly, I thought of this possibility long time back... but if I were Orlando, I would forget about bosh and go after Dwade... They would have the pieces to get back wade from miami in a s & T. All wade needs to do is say to miami im not comin back. For wade, orlando is warm weather, miami is light years away from winning anything even if bosh signs there (how they won 47 games is unbelievable to me), him + dwight + role players in orlando = title next year. Miami would probably even just accept gortat and lewis if wade really said he were gonna leave no matter what... anyway the magic have enough chips to work with...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    I really like this S&T - one of the better S&T's proposed... I would even throw in Derozan to make it happen. It seems most people at RR love Derozan... I think he is completely overrated and believe he may be the second coming of Fred Jones.

Any way to include Hedo is this deal? (Just wishful thinking, I know.)
    I wouldn't give away DeMar yet but Orlando does have a $6M trade exception from the Hedo deal. Get a third team involved for one of Hedo/Jose/Jack and some draft picks going and it would make it that much sweeter.

Thread Information