This is not particularly about him deserving the absolute max. contract (or not) as defined by the cba and only the Raptors can sign him to ...for themselves or to do so and then trade him obviously in agreement with him and the other team.
With the economics and other f/a player movement, I wonder if there is in fact much apetite out there for giving Bosh an absolute max. contract/money as many seem to assume as a foregone end to the saga. No absolute max. means Bosh just walks without any player return... or stays with the Raps for the money.
How many believe that Bosh will play next season:
1) For another team with an absolute max. contract (S&T)
2) For the Raptors with an absolute max. contract
3) For another team for a normal max. contract
4) For the Raptors for a normal max. contract
5) For less than a max. contract (hmmm)!