Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bosh Get Traded Before or After the Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Bosh Get Traded Before or After the Draft?

Does Bosh get traded before or after the draft? It would be nice to have two draft picks.

One at 13 in case someone falls significantly and another later pick to draft Avery Bradley (perhaps Houston's, Chicago's or Miami's 1st rounder).

Bosh gets traded after July 1st, when he can be signed-and-traded. It is possible that draft rights be included though. So if there is a "verbal agreement" made before the draft, then you could essentially get the rookie you wanted.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      Bosh gets traded after July 1st, when he can be signed-and-traded. It is possible that draft rights be included though. So if there is a "verbal agreement" made before the draft, then you could essentially get the rookie you wanted.
      Right, this was the case two years ago when the Raps drafted Hibbert for Indiana in the TJ/O'Neal trade that went down a few days later.

Comment

There's a pretty good chance we'll know where Bosh will be playing a few days or so before the draft, especially if BC plans on acquiring another pick or two. IIRC, the J.O. reports were being leaked 2-3 weeks before draft day, so who knows how early we'll start hearing things.

Man, I can't wait til July 1.

Comment

I'm not sure what teams are allowed to do in terms of signing and trading players. Technically, teams can't contact Bosh or his agent before July 1st, but if teams go through the Raptors, I don't know if that makes it okay. What it means, though, is that the Raptors would have no intention of trying to re-sign Bosh. If the Raptors do want to try and re-sign Bosh, then there will be absolutely nothing done before July 1st, when teams can begin wooing Bosh. If a deal goes down before July 1st, we'll know that either Bosh or the Raptors decided to cut the ties.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

i honestly hopes Bosh goes to houston and we get jordan hill and there pick. take avery bradley and a big, put them with sonny, demar and amir and we got ourselves some really good young talent. only things left to do after that is get rid of Jose, Banks and Evans and there's our cap space too.

Comment

What i want to see is Bosh hold on to his word that if the Raps get another all-star caliber player then he will stay.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                What i want to see is Bosh hold on to his word that if the Raps get another all-star caliber player then he will stay.
                First of all, I believe he just said he wants the Raptors to acquire an all-star level player. I don't recall him explicitly stating that he would stay if that happened, just that he wanted it to happen. So he wouldn't technically be breaking his word by leaving.

Secondly, what scenario do you see playing out the involves the Raps getting another all-star player?

The Raps have VERY few tradeable assets. No one is trading an all star for ANY combination of Turk/Calderon/Jack/DeRozan/Weems, and Bargs is likely considered untouchable by BC. Furthermore, there aren't just a bunch of all-stars readily available. I don't know of any that are on the block for trades at the moment, and we're not going to blow anyone out of the water with our offers of terrible contracts and a late lottery pick.

Comment

I saw this on a Hornets page and that it would be great trade for both teams.

Hornets get:
                  Chris Bosh
                  Jose calderon
                  Marco Bellini

Raptors get:
                  Darren Collison
                  David West
                  Peja Stojakovic
                  draft pick (if we can convince them to give us that pick)

Comment

Braveheart wrote: View Post
                    I saw this on a Hornets page and that it would be great trade for both teams.

Hornets get:
                    Chris Bosh
                    Jose calderon
                    Marco Bellini

Raptors get:
                    Darren Collison
                    David West
                    Peja Stojakovic
                    draft pick (if we can convince them to give us that pick)
                    No way they get a draft pick, and I'd rather keep Belinelli. Plus, I'd try and bring in a third team to take David West. There's absolutely not point to him being on the Raptors.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      No way they get a draft pick, and I'd rather keep Belinelli. Plus, I'd try and bring in a third team to take David West. There's absolutely not point to him being on the Raptors.
                      This is true, but if they fail to attract a starting C he wouldn't be a bad choice for the starting PF. They could do a lot worse.

Comment

David West averages 19.0 ppg and 7.5rpg and his contract is off the books in 2012. Would you rather get someone that we get a bunch garbage players and just say were rebuilding. Marco had a chance to prove that he is good player and not one that shows up 10 games of the entire season. with this trade we get a good pg that can defend, a prospect, a player might not be Chris Bosh but is still good, and cap relief. We could even package both picks and move up in the draft. This I believe is probably one of the best trades suggest. And the fans in new orleans would love to do this trade, lets just hope the gms think the same.

Comment

Braveheart wrote: View Post
                          David West averages 19.0 ppg and 7.5rpg and his contract is off the books in 2012. Would you rather get someone that we get a bunch garbage players and just say were rebuilding. Marco had a chance to prove that he is good player and not one that shows up 10 games of the entire season. with this trade we get a good pg that can defend, a prospect, a player might not be Chris Bosh but is still good, and cap relief. We could even package both picks and move up in the draft. This I believe is probably one of the best trades suggest. And the fans in new orleans would love to do this trade, lets just hope the gms think the same.
                          If Bosh leaves, the Raptors ARE rebuilding, no matter what you want to call it. And David West is a very good player and I think the trade would be very good for the Raptors. I never said it wasn't. I'd do it in a second if it was offered. My point is that having David West on the roster is pointless, because he's more valuable to the Raptors in a trade than on the team.

The Raptors are not going to win very many games next year without Bosh. They could conceivably be a team like Houston that doesn't have a lot of talent but hustles it's way to 40 wins But that's a long shot considering that roster. Even if they do somehow make the playoffs next season, is David West really part of the future of this franchise? Does keeping him actually help them eventually become a contender?

David West turns 30 this summer, and he's more valuable in a trade right now than he ever will be in the future. He's not going to get any better, so why hold onto a declining asset when you can sell now and make more of a profit.

What the team needs more than veterans right now are pieces for the future. Teams like New York, Chicago, Orlando, San Antonio, Phoenix, Oklahoma City or Denver could be in the market for an All Star PF with a very reasonable contract. Could the Raptors get someone like Jeff Green, or Marcin Gortat?
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                          X