Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is BC Allergic to Draft Picks? Will He Trade Away Our 13th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BC Allergic to Draft Picks? Will He Trade Away Our 13th?

Eric states below as you'll see that its only his opinion (no sources or rumours, just a hunch) that Colangelo will use the 13th pick in a bigger move whether it involves Bosh or not.

13. Toronto - I will preface this by saying ... I have not spoken to anyone in the Raptors organization about this pick as of yet. So this is simply my opinion: I think this selection will be used in a bigger move (ie - a trade). Whether Chris Bosh stays or goes, I think Bryan Colangelo is going to be very active this summer and my gut tells me we could see a deal (big?) or two go down that involves this pick. We'll see as the next month or so unfolds.
    Source - Click here

Apparently Holly MacKenzie from the Score feels the same way too.

Maybe it isn't a hunch after all.

I don't think they'll keep the pick: RT @DiabloTweets: @stackmack ...who do the Raptors get at lucky number 13?
    Source - Click here

Comment

I bet the Suns' Kerr felt that way about the 21st pick in 2006 when they traded it to Boston. I get why people would be against keeping the pick as its risky because there is no "can't miss" but there are guys in the teens who have big time value. I would argue there are some players who could be available there who have as much talent and potential as the guy the Raptors drafted at #9 last off-season. I'm not even sure how much value the 13th pick adds to a trade.

Comment

I hate trading away picks, the Suns would be champs had they just kept their picks. I'd rather have Bradley then anyone we could get for the pick.

If BC trades this pick and we don't get Rubio back, i'm going to throw a hissy fit.

Comment

Of the four drafts (including this one) that Colangelo has overseen as a Raptors, he's traded away one. I'm not quite sure how that's allergic to them.

And while it's POSSIBLE to get a very good player in the draft, more than likely you'll end up drafting a journeyman who will take a roster spot away from someone who will help right away and probably cost less. Personally, I don't like trading away draft picks, but that's just a personal preference. Fans put way, way too much value into draft picks.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Suns openly traded away picks for nothing in order to keep salary low, and those directions came directly from the owner if I'm not mistaken. If BC trades this pick it will be a basketball decision, so we don't need to worry about it becoming a Phoenix situation.

I'm not against trading away the pick, as low lotto picks historically look better on draft night than they do a couple of years later. If he can use it to offload a bad contract, I would say go for it. However, I think it's a little early to be making predictions one way or the other.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Of the four drafts (including this one) that Colangelo has overseen as a Raptors, he's traded away one. I'm not quite sure how that's allergic to them.
              Wasn't referring to just with us, but as well in Phoenix too.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post

And while it's POSSIBLE to get a very good player in the draft, more than likely you'll end up drafting a journeyman who will take a roster spot away from someone who will help right away and probably cost less. Personally, I don't like trading away draft picks, but that's just a personal preference. Fans put way, way too much value into draft picks.
                really cause i can't remeber the last time we had a second round pick...
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It all depends on CB. If he re-signs then we need a proven player so we can win now. Maybe use the pick in a package for an all-star caliber player that he's been requesting. If he doesnt resign, then use the pick to get a young stud, dont matter if its a fit or not, get the best available player in the draft.

Thats why the more we wait on CB, the more the Raps are going to miss out.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't referring to just with us, but as well in Phoenix too.
                    Until his last two seasons in Phoenix, he didn't trade away any more draft picks than anyone else. And I don't think it's any coincidence that Colangelo left after that. As TM Williamson mentioned, those picks were traded away as a cost cutting measure, not because Colangelo didn't want them. The 7 previous years, he kept 5 of first round draft picks, and none of the one's he traded away were high.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      really cause i can't remeber the last time we had a second round pick...
                      Who cares about second round picks? EVERYONE trades away their second round picks. As far as I know, Colangelo traded away two second round picks, turned them into Carlos Delfino, and then turned Delfino into Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems. The difference is that Johnson was a much better bet than just drafting someone in the second round. It's easy to get second round picks or second round talent. The pick is often more valuable than the player picked there.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X