Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Trades to Right the Roster

The first trade is with Detroit:

Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon, Reggie Evans ($5M expiring)
    Detroit Trades: Tayshaun Prince, Chris Wilcox ($3M expiring assuming he picks up his player option)

The trade provides Detroit with a PG and helps free up about 2 million for next season (or they can use Reggie as a bigger expiring contract than Wilcox at the deadline). If they want more, it's possible to include our 13th pick, though I wouldn't necessarily like doing that.

The second trade is with the Clippers:

Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Belinelli
    Clippers Trade: Baron Davis

This assumes the Clippers will lose out on the LeBron James sweepstakes (high possibility?). While it does leave their PG spot bare, it fills up their hole at SF. Baron Davis wasn't working out with the Clippers after his fantastic season with Golden State.

The roster is now:

PG: Baron Davis/Jarret Jack/Marcus Banks
    SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
    SF: Tayshaun Prince
    PF: Chris Wilcox
    C: Andrea Bargnanni

The roster is much more balanced at the 1-3 spots. Jarret Jack can play at the 1/2, while Sonny Weems and DeRozan can play at the 2/3. It's also much better defensively at the 1-3 spots, with the only real defensive liability being a developing DeMar DeRozan. The lineup also improves our chances of bringing back Bosh.

Assuming Bosh and Johnson re-sign we have:

SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
    SF: Tayshaun Prince
    PF: Chris Bosh/Amir Johnson
    C: Andrea Bargnanni/Chris Wilcox

Assuming Rahat's offer #1 is taken:

SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems/Jermaine Taylor
    SF: Tayshaun Prince/Chase Budinger
    PF: Jarred Jeffries/Jordan Hill
    C: Andrea Bargnanni/Chris Wilcox/Dave Anderson

(Potentially add Amir Johnson)

Assuming Rahat's offer #2 is taken:

SG: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems/Jermaine Taylor
    SF: Tayshaun Prince/Shane Battier
    PF: Jordan Hill/Chris Wilcox
    C: Andrea Bargnanni/Dave Anderson

(Potentially add Amir Johnson)

Personally, I take offer #2 from Rahat and resign/start Amir Johnson.
    Last edited by Marz; Fri May 21, 2010, 09:25 AM.

First trade - I've been against getting rid of Jose because I don't see Jarrett as a starter, but if it got us Tay, it's probably worth it. I think Detriot would probably listen to that one and it could benefit both teams!

However, I don't think the Clippers trade B-Diddy for Turk. Especially without getting a PG in return (Jack maybe), but even then, I don't see it.

Comment

No way the Pistons would want either Calderon or Reggie. Reggie is probably untradeable except for cap space

Clippers aren't trading Davis. The need a PG to feed Griffin and BD is the perfect guy.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

How is an expiring contract untradeable? If anything, expiring contracts are the most widely traded asset in the NBA (That's a guess, I haven't looked it up).

Comment

Both trades are impossible so there is no reason to discuss it further.

Comment

Working...
          X