So Why is Bosh Leaving Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Why is Bosh Leaving Again?

So I'm a little confused about this whole Bosh situation. I've never really wanted him to stay and am all for a rebuild, but why is everyone suddenly so sure he's gone? I mean other than his tweets, he hasn't said or done anything to indicate a desire to leave. I remember months ago there were a lot of people predicting he'd stay because he loves the city, he is the number one guy here for the foreseeable future, and we can give him the most money. So what changed to make people believe he's going to leave?
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

It's called over-reaction.. It's actually unbelievable how much Raptors "fans" want to throw CB under the bus now. I mean.. he's a top 5 (maybe 3) PF in the game and gives his all every night, not to mention that he loves the city/country.

It's entertaining how quickly people change their minds though! It's like everyone's forgotten everything he's done for the Raps

Comment

Ok lets do a little role playing here. Lets say your Chris Bosh, 5 time all-star, well-known player, going into the biggest free agency summer in recent history, where not only you have 2 of the league's top 3 players available but a lot of teams have cap space to sign them. Creating the next "dynasty" team.

My question is, if your CB4, why would you stay in Toronto, morally people tend to go for the money but in this case pride and honor also factors in, why is he gonna risk losing that, his reputation as a person who "wants" to win. Because trust me when I say we ain't winning anything for the next few years. Why? why would you stay?

Comment

"Creating the next "dynasty" team."

I don't think Bosh will sign onto a team that has Bron or Wade. Why would he want to play with James, a guy that has yet to win a title and will apparently be hand choosing his next coach. I think a guy like Bosh who thinks he is one of the best players in the league would find it difficult to play with Lebron. Wade is a similar issue, though not as bad as "the King".

"Because trust me when I say we ain't winning anything for the next few years."

Why not? If Bosh is a top five power forward, what is to stop us from winning? There are two answers: one is that you feel BC is useless and will be unable to find talent to surround him or two Bosh is incapable of leading a team anywhere. I think BC can get the talent we need, and if he's serious about keeping Bosh, you'll see Andrea moved very soon for a good wing.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I agree if Bosh resigns this raps team could be really, really good. The overhaul BC made shored up a lot of the weaknesses while also creating a few. Resign Amir, draft Bradley, use the Banks/Reggie expirings to bring in an overpaid star, find someone to take either Jose/Turk/Bargs and then a couple tweaks along the Sonny/Amir front and this team will be competing for home court with likely a second round ceiling.

I claimed they could win the Atlantic, but Boston is probably winning the title this year, hard to see them falling off that much in a year.

They key for Bosh to resign is for BC to make a big move before July 1st. I don't think Bosh wants to leave, but he is going to be recruited hard, promised the moon and if BC doesn't add a major piece, he will essentially force Bosh's hand.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            "Creating the next "dynasty" team."

I don't think Bosh will sign onto a team that has Bron or Wade. Why would he want to play with James, a guy that has yet to win a title and will apparently be hand choosing his next coach. I think a guy like Bosh who thinks he is one of the best players in the league would find it difficult to play with Lebron. Wade is a similar issue, though not as bad as "the King".

"Because trust me when I say we ain't winning anything for the next few years."

Why not? If Bosh is a top five power forward, what is to stop us from winning? There are two answers: one is that you feel BC is useless and will be unable to find talent to surround him or two Bosh is incapable of leading a team anywhere. I think BC can get the talent we need, and if he's serious about keeping Bosh, you'll see Andrea moved very soon for a good wing.
            I think it's a combination of both, BC has done nothing but bring underacheiving, overpaided, injury prone, MJ wannabes to this team while Bosh has not been able to lead his team at ALL. I mean when there is a division between euros and americans in the locker room and that's keeping us from competing who should be the "truth teller" as Jeff Van Gundy would say? that had to have been Bosh and he pussied out. He is a top 5 talent no doubt but I don't think that gets you anywhere if there is no order in the locker.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              I think it's a combination of both, BC has done nothing but bring underacheiving, overpaided, injury prone, MJ wannabes to this team while Bosh has not been able to lead his team at ALL. I mean when there is a division between euros and americans in the locker room and that's keeping us from competing who should be the "truth teller" as Jeff Van Gundy would say? that had to have been Bosh and he pussied out. He is a top 5 talent no doubt but I don't think that gets you anywhere if there is no order in the locker.
              How much time did you spend in the Raptors' locker room Matt? We don't know what transpired inside that room. Yes, there was innuendo about a rift, but others said it was a communication problem that was resolved, others said there were no problems at all. We also have no idea of what Bosh said or didn't say to his teammates or how they perceived his leadership qualities. Unless you were a player on the team, you can't state an opinion as fact.

Comment

BC said he would try to get another all-star right and bosh will stay
                steve nash wants to play for raptors.

steve nash to toronto?
                trade calderon or jack

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                  How much time did you spend in the Raptors' locker room Matt? We don't know what transpired inside that room. Yes, there was innuendo about a rift, but others said it was a communication problem that was resolved, others said there were no problems at all. We also have no idea of what Bosh said or didn't say to his teammates or how they perceived his leadership qualities. Unless you were a player on the team, you can't state an opinion as fact.
                  So your implying that Bosh could in fact be a leader? Because I don't think he is, and that's just my opinion.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                    Eventhough we are not in the locker room with these guys, i think we can also judge their leadership skills by what we see on the court.

I didnt watch all 82 games of the Raps, but based on the ones that i saw and comparing Bosh's action to the leaders on other teams, i dont think he does enough to warrant him as a leader.

Duncan is always calling huddles during deadball situations, Kobe approaches Pau, Bynum or Lamar after a good or even bad play, Lebron chased down Harris when he gave Jamario a flagrant and he instigates pre-game rituals with his teammates (team photo, dancing). These guys also praises their teammates during post-game interviews, win or lose.

Eventhough Bosh is not a born leader, he should acknowledge that he is the leader of this team and make it known, off and on the court. Not because he is the highest paid, highest scoring player, but because there is nobody else on the team more credible than he is. I understand if Melo or Boozer or Amare dont show themselves being leaders, its because their teams already have billups, deron and nash. But Bosh doesnt have any of those on his team. Also if he leaves, i think it just goes to show that he is not a true leader, because no matter what, if you think you are the leader, you should be able to lead your troops and make them better and not leave them in the rough.

Comment

I don't know if Bosh is a leader or not. My opinion, like you guys, is that he's not. All I was trying to say is we shouldn't assume our opinions are fact. Considered opinions make for interesting discussion. Trying to state them as fact is an attempt to circumvent discussion. (And i'm still not convinced that your most valuable player has to be the vocal leader of a team. But that's just my opinion.)

Comment

Working...
                      X