Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: The Five Teams Bosh Is Open to Playing For...

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Five Teams Bosh Is Open to Playing For...

    includes us, but not Houston. Bummer as I think they give the best option for a sign and trade out of those teams.

    The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto). Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.
    source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This reaffirms the suspicion that Bosh doesn't want to play in Texas.

    Miami: Who do they still have under contract? Cook and Beasley? I guess we could get our 1st rounder back...

    New York: We're looking at Chandler (but he's only got 1 year left and would likely not resign), Gallo, and Tony Douglas. It's a shame Jordan Hill is no longer available.

    The benefit to the above two teams is how far under the cap they are. This means that if (when?) they miss out on the LeBron sweepstakes, we can package in Jose/Jack. And in both those team's cases, they need a PG anyway.

    Chicago: I don't see anything we want from them that's not untouchable. There's no way they ship out Noah. So unless everyone is happy with taking on another huge SF contract in Deng....

    Los Angeles: I guess this adds more fuel to the Bynum rumours, but I still seriously doubt he'd excel in Toronto and his injury history leaves a lot to be desired.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chris wrote: View Post
    includes us, but not Houston. Bummer as I think they give the best option for a sign and trade out of those teams.

    source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043
    New York and Miami are crappy trading partners, although the Raptors could get a big trade exception out of them.

    I thought it was funny that everybody was making up sign and trade scenarios with teams that Bosh may not even want to play for.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bosh resigns with Raptors - I just hope his knees hold up.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    New York and Miami are crappy trading partners, although the Raptors could get a big trade exception out of them.

    I thought it was funny that everybody was making up sign and trade scenarios with teams that Bosh may not even want to play for.
    well i didn't think houston was implausible given its proximity to his hometown, but you're right about the dreams people had to send him to OK city or new orleans and the like.

    i think they're all crappy trading partners, actually. as marz mentioned above i'm wary of bynum's knees, and i think he's overall just kind of a surly dude, and the only players i want from chicago are rose and noah, who aren't being given up.

    i'm willing to take on deng or hinrich only if we get rid of hedo in the deal

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Bosh resigns with Raptors - I just hope his knees hold up.
    i wouldn't mind keeping bosh but i don't really want to give him the absolute max, and it sounds like that's the only reason he's still considering toronto

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chris wrote: View Post
    i wouldn't mind keeping bosh but i don't really want to give him the absolute max, and it sounds like that's the only reason he's still considering toronto
    It will be interesting to see what affect any Max Contract player signees this summer have on their respective team's salary cap and luxury tax threshold after the new the new 2011 CBA goes into affect starting with the 2011-12 season.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow. Its like him telling us he made up his mind that he's going to leave, and at the same time fucked us straight in the ass.

    I say that because i dont think there are any useful pieces that we can get from those teams.

    Miami - Beasley? He'll come here for sure, weed is legal here.
    New York - Chandler? same with Beasley. Lee would be ok.
    Chicago - Hinrich and Warrick?
    Lakers - Bynum? Used to be ok with this trade but now that Bynum is injured....

    Man, i pity BC. He's at the mercy of CB.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie Seeten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you are resigning Bosh, its for the max. Get the notion of not resigning for the max out of your head. Everyone is willing to give Bosh the max, including us.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It will be interesting to see what affect any Max Contract player signees this summer have on their respective team's salary cap and luxury tax threshold after the new the new 2011 CBA goes into affect starting with the 2011-12 season.
    yeah exactly... if this were five years ago i'd be all for it but in a few years time i think only lebron and wade from this free agent class will be worth investing that much in.

    plus there's the knee thing. nothing personal against chris

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Seeten wrote: View Post
    If you are resigning Bosh, its for the max. Get the notion of not resigning for the max out of your head. Everyone is willing to give Bosh the max, including us.
    i didn't mean to present it as a possibility, of course i know we can only get him at max level.

    i just don't think he's worth it, for the reasons i just stated.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,947
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    .

    Miami - Beasley? He'll come here for sure, weed is legal here.
    Since when? Did they legalize it today or something?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weed is legal in CA but I think the Bease prefers this stuff

    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Wow. Its like him telling us he made up his mind that he's going to leave, and at the same time fucked us straight in the ass.

    I say that because i dont think there are any useful pieces that we can get from those teams.

    Miami - Beasley? He'll come here for sure, weed is legal here.
    New York - Chandler? same with Beasley. Lee would be ok.
    Chicago - Hinrich and Warrick?
    Lakers - Bynum? Used to be ok with this trade but now that Bynum is injured....

    Man, i pity BC. He's at the mercy of CB.
    Well, you may have missed the fact that Toronto was one of the teams.

    And I'd much rather have Chandler than Lee. Chandler plays defense.

    Hinrich, Deng or Gibson are all nice options.

    Bynum's injury history is a little scary, but a big man with his skills is always tradable, so I certainly wouldn't mind doing that.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is an interesting news if it is true. How many draft pick each of these teams have:

    New York , Miami, Bulls and Lakers ?!!

    i think Lakers and New York and Miami each have one and Chicago has two first rounder this summer.

    Miami: There is nothing there that I would want to see in Toronto uniform.
    New York: Same, nothing there worth getting back. To make the Salaries match, we have to get back LEE at almost 10 million a year and everyone knows, Lee does not play any defense.

    Lakers: I don't think there will be a trade if Lakers win a ring But if not, who knows, they may give up on Bynum and just go with Bosh.

    Chicago: If they have 2 picks, then they are the best trade partner for us. But does it mean we have to get Deng's contract back to make the money match ??

    I think this is going to be a 3 team S&T at the end. Lets wait and see

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LA is only team West, so BC should ship him there for Gasol.
    It would help both teams. LA will get a younger star and
    Raps will get a very good center to pair with Bargs.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Miami: There is nothing there that I would want to see in Toronto uniform.
    New York: Same, nothing there worth getting back. To make the Salaries match, we have to get back LEE at almost 10 million a year and everyone knows, Lee does not play any defense.
    You don't need to make salaries match with Miami or New York.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agreed, nothing good here.

    I don't think the Raps have to match salaries with the Bulls because the Bulls are under the cap. But since they might use that space to sign LeBron or Wade, they might have to do the sign and trade for Bosh.

    I'm thinking crazy multi-team deal. BC seems to enjoy those.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seems like most are in a lather again.

    a) This is a "sources" piece of reporting
    b) The "list" "includes" the teams mentioned. The does not necessarily exclude a Houston...no?
    c) And whats with the "should Bosh not resign with Toronto"? Were there any conditions on this?
    d) SOmething about wanting to go where LJ goes? Hmmm. LJ doesnt get a s&t for the Cavs? So both get a s&t with the Knicks for example and we'll have Donnie Walsh play point guard there.

    At best this is just a trial balloon to get the froth going...which is good...and creates competitive offers. I think there is still place for a Houston (unless a Bosh or his agent unequivocally say noway to that location).

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote dn66 wrote: View Post
    LA is only team West, so BC should ship him there for Gasol.
    It would help both teams. LA will get a younger star and
    Raps will get a very good center to pair with Bargs.
    There is no way LA will trade Gasol. Have you seen how he is playing with Kobe ?? Why do you want to break that team up ? If LA does not win the ring and Bynum does not really show up in the final, then maybe, and only maybe ( since Bynum is injured and all), Lakers might become open to trading for Bynum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •