Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sixers "Open" to Trading 2nd pick with Brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers "Open" to Trading 2nd pick with Brand?

From ESPN:

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ping-no-2-pick

If this is the case, and Bosh leaves, the Raptors could end up with a big trade exception they could use in a trade for Brand.

On his podcast, I believe phdsteve suggested a Calderon for Brand trade that, quite frankly, I wasn't all that keen on. If the Raptors can get the 2nd pick, however, I'd jump on it. Now, I don't think they'd take Calderon AND give up the #2 pick, so the Raptors might have to give up Jarrett Jack, instead, or maybe their 13th pick.

Would you be able to handle having the contracts of Brand, Turkoglu, Calderon and Bargnani if you got Evan Turner out of it?

Personally, I'd do it. I think Turner is going to be something special and teams don't get many opportunities to grab a player like that.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

The following work under the salary cap:

With Jose:

Elton Brand for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans

Elton Brand and Jason Smith for Jose Calderon, Reggie Evans, and Marcus Banks

With Jarret Jack

Elton Brand for Jarret Jack, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans

Comment

I'd be willing. At least Turner would be a cornerstone player to start building around.

I'm not too familiar with the trade exemptions, can you explain how they work?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        I'd be willing. At least Turner would be a cornerstone player to start building around.

If Bosh signs with, say, New York and gets only Wilson Chandler back, then the Raptors would get the difference between Bosh's salary and Chandler's salary to use in a trade with another team.

If this happens, the Raptors could then trade Jarrett Jack to Philadelphia for Brand, using the trade exception of about $14 million, or something like that. Hell, the Raptors could trade their 13th pick for Brand and the 2nd pick using the trade exception.

It would be a risky move, but one that could eventually payoff bigtime.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I would do the trade that phdsteve suggested in his podcast, with the 2nd overall pick
          it would be a fantatsic move
          i wouldnt mind eating Brands contract (with the possibility of getting a return)
          for a chance to get the 2nd overall pick
          i really think we can leave this summer with an exciting team

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            The following work under the salary cap:

With Jose:

Elton Brand for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans

Elton Brand and Jason Smith for Jose Calderon, Reggie Evans, and Marcus Banks

With Jarret Jack

Elton Brand for Jarret Jack, Marcus Banks, Reggie Evans
            I'm assuming you also mean to include the 2nd pick. I don't think they'd go for Calderon and include the second pick. The savings are simply not enough.

The Jack, Banks and Evans trade for Brand nets them a good PG, as well as expiring contracts, but I think the Raptors may need to throw in the 13th pick.

Now, the Raptors want to try and entice Bosh back, the Raptors could still do this trade and have Bargnani coming off the bench and Bosh start at center. Would Brand and drafting Turner be enough make Bosh re-sign? Could that be a team that could become very competitive in the future?
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

Wings of Derozan and Turner is something to drool over
              its all speculation now, but if it were to happen it would be a good day to be a raptor fan

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                I'm assuming you also mean to include the 2nd pick. I don't think they'd go for Calderon and include the second pick. The savings are simply not enough.

The Jack, Banks and Evans trade for Brand nets them a good PG, as well as expiring contracts, but I think the Raptors may need to throw in the 13th pick.

Now, the Raptors want to try and entice Bosh back, the Raptors could still do this trade and have Bargnani coming off the bench and Bosh start at center. Would Brand and drafting Turner be enough make Bosh re-sign? Could that be a team that could become very competitive in the future?
                i think that team could be competitive in the future
                but i would rather build a new team (if this were to happen)
                hand over the franchise to Turner, he has that level of talent, and see where it takes us

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. It definitely sounds like an exciting possibility, even better if we're able to retain Bosh though.

Comment

This is going to be a great summer guys. I hope BC brings his A game and make some serious noise.

I will jump on this trade if 76er go for it:

Toronto: Calderon, 13 pick
                    76er: Brand, 2 Pick

I honestly think 76er can not find anyone else to take Brand's contract except for Toronto.

Comment

Get er done!!

They say Evan Turner has the potential to be the next Brandon Roy.

Comment

Here's a question. Would you include DeRozan in a trade to get it done?

Calderon, DeRozan, Evans, Banks and the 13th pick for Brand and the #2?
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No...
                          Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Dallas has the best shot at this deal (with Dampiers contract).

Toronto would have to use Evans, Bank, Belli & the 13th to have a shot at it.

And I would do that deal.

Another route the Raptors could go would be that of picking up an expiring in a Calderon/Turks or Bosh trade and then using that in some sort of combo with Banks et al.

Comment

It's one (DeRozan) or the other (13th pick). My post earlier was just to show how salaries worked out. It would most likely require a draft pick switcheroo. If they want DeRozan then we keep our 13th pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X