Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Bosh & LBJ Do End Up in Chicago, How Does it Go Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Bosh & LBJ Do End Up in Chicago, How Does it Go Down?

Cleveland is expecting a SnT and so is Toronto but who do they sign outright ? and who do they sign first ? the only scenerio i can see if these two end up together is Bosh gets signed outright and LBJ gets aquired in a SnTor can Chicago do two SnT basically trading everyone but Noah and Rose? ........ What do u guys think ?
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

If anything it will be LeBron who is signed outright - once his first max contract is finished he will likely sign another one. There are also rumours that LeBron may only sign a 2-3 year max contract in order to ensure the franchise keeps the team around him competitive.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
      If anything it will be LeBron who is signed outright - once his first max contract is finished he will likely sign another one. There are also rumours that LeBron may only sign a 2-3 year max contract in order to ensure the franchise keeps the team around him competitive.
      I hope you're right because i didnt think the Bulls had the cap space to sign two but they do for one max contract let's hope its Lebron and the Raps can get something out of the whole deal.

Herm Edwards

Comment

Chicago can do a sign and trade for both LeBron and Bosh. And LeBron is going to be the first player to sign, I think. Then Bosh will probably sign, then Wade. If LeBron signs with Chicago, and then Bosh does, I think Toronto should blow up the team because there'd be no point in trying to compete over the next five years because Chicago will be in the Finals every year.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Chicago can do a sign and trade for both LeBron and Bosh. And LeBron is going to be the first player to sign, I think. Then Bosh will probably sign, then Wade. If LeBron signs with Chicago, and then Bosh does, I think Toronto should blow up the team because there'd be no point in trying to compete over the next five years because Chicago will be in the Finals every year.
          ya i agree
          but i think if Bosh leaves we should blow the team regardless if he teams up with James
          I still think BC is going to do something stupid and try to make a splash, maybe trade for Iggy or something along that..
          if he is really interested in making a splash he should look into getting the #2 pick

I just have a bad feeling this offseason is going to leave a bad taste in everyones mouth

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
            ya i agree
            but i think if Bosh leaves we should blow the team regardless if he teams up with James
            I still think BC is going to do something stupid and try to make a splash, maybe trade for Iggy or something along that..
            if he is really interested in making a splash he should look into getting the #2 pick

I just have a bad feeling this offseason is going to leave a bad taste in everyones mouth
            You'll get no arguments from me about blowing the team up. I just think if LeBron and Bosh go to Chicago together, the rest of the league is going to be in trouble. And if LeBron and Bosh go, I think they should try and keep Hinrich. I think a team of Rose, Hinrich, LeBron, Bosh and Noah would be completely dominant.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The question is a little confusing, do you mean in terms of play or how the transaction works?

Comment

That is what those three should do if they actually believe all their own talk about wanting to win. In Chicago they would all have their natural positions available, with the other two in the starting line-up occupied by two future all-stars. I would watch every Bulls game.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                  The question is a little confusing, do you mean in terms of play or how the transaction works?
                  Transaction

Herm Edwards

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                    Don't see that happening - Lebron would, ultimately, be making less than Bosh and there is no way that will happen.

Lebron will be in a sign and trade.

Comment

YKOil wrote: View Post
                      Lebron will be in a sign and trade.
                      i think the feeling amongst cleveland fans is that they're against it, and i would be too were i in their shoes.

i think cleveland should tell lebron "fine, if you want to go you're going to leave an extra year and $30 million behind too."

if he leaves they're fucked anyways and should be going into a full-on rebuild. taking on someone like deng through 2014 makes no sense in that scenario. unless they take back only picks, prospects on rookie contracts, and expirings (which chicago can't put together) i think he'd have to sign outright.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                        i think the feeling amongst cleveland fans is that they're against it, and i would be too were i in their shoes.

i think cleveland should tell lebron "fine, if you want to go you're going to leave an extra year and $30 million behind too."

if he leaves they're fucked anyways and should be going into a full-on rebuild. taking on someone like deng through 2014 makes no sense in that scenario. unless they take back only picks, prospects on rookie contracts, and expirings (which chicago can't put together) i think he'd have to sign outright.
                        I'm pretty much the same frame of mind. I think every and any GM in this situation should make it clear that a S&T is contingent on:

a. a 'fair' list of options (which is certainly more than 5)
                        b. a decent value in trade (which isn't to say 'equal' as we all know that won't happen)

otherwise - say bye-bye to the pay-off and have a nice career.

I think Chicago has enough to put together one decent package:

Hinrich*, Gibson, 2010 1st (#17), 2012 1st and Charlotte 1st** and cash
                        FOR
                        James or Bosh

OR

Deng, Hinrich, Gibson, 2010 1st (#17), 2012 1st, Charlotte 1st** and cash
                        FOR
                        James/Bosh, a horrible contract (Jamison, Gibson, Hedo, Calderon, etc) and an expiring

Including James Johnson and/or 2nd round picks are always an option as well.

* Deng IS a possibility there, instead of Hinrich, but his contract is awful and thus, imo, not a great option except as a way to get rid of an even worse contract. Hinrich has three advantages:

1. contract end in two years
                        2. contract actually decreases in pay-out
                        3. other teams want him so he is, comparatively, easily tradeable

** the Charlotte pick is lotto protected for forever but is still a 1st and Charlotte is a team that can be horrible as often as it can be average so it isn't as bad a bet as it may seem

EDIT TO ADD: looking at them... not great trades... yeesh... hope Bosh accepts a move to Houston
                        Last edited by YKOil; Mon May 24, 2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Just so people realize, any sign and trade would be done after the draft, so you can't include draft picks from the 2010 draft.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Just so people realize, any sign and trade would be done after the draft, so you can't include draft picks from the 2010 draft.
                            You can have them pick the guy you want.

Comment

Working...
                            X