Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Brandon Jennings Suffer From Verbal Diarrhea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Brandon Jennings Suffer From Verbal Diarrhea?

Ugh ... I like this kid's game, but I'm disliking the person more and more entire because of how cocky he is. (which might be old news to some seeing how this is from June ... I missed it though)

Check this out courtesy of The Sporting News and the Baseline Blog:

Jennings is apparently tight with rapper Joe Budden and Budden does a bit of his own web streaming. Jennings' Twitter page (before it was taken down) had a mention of trying to get on Joe Budden TV, the rapper's live video feed. You can see a cached version of the page here, including a few tweets that mention Budden by name.

Two separate videos were posted on YouTube by user TotalReviewNet, which have since been taken down, where you can hear someone who is allegedly Jennings on speakerphone talking to Budden about a variety of topics. Without being able to see the videos, you probably lose some of that context that it's two close friends, really saying things in private, but once you put that stuff out there for the world on a web cam, it's out there for anyone to interpret however they'd like. (Update: I neglected to make this point right here in the post that Shoals and I discussed at length over the phone. The whole thing is almost so candid that you sort of wonder whether he even knew he was being broadcasted. Got a note from a friend who reminded me to make that point. Carry on. -- 6:38 a.m. ET)

And really, none of the comments should come as a shock, because if you don't know Jennings for his swagger at this point, what do you know him for? I've reached out to the YouTube account holder who had the videos up, and I'm going to try to find some more background info on what went down. Here are some of the sports-related highlights, which along with a lot of profanity -- even if it was good-natured -- likely caused the shutdown of Jennings' Twitter page and the removal of the videos. Again, before going past the jump, there is strong language, even though it's censored.

On next season in Milwaukee ...

Budden: You better worry about Ramon Sessions, diggin' in your a**, pause.
    Jennings: He's not going to be here. [inaudible] That money is going to Charlie.
    Budden: N****, Ramon Sessions is gonna be there.
    Jennings: I doubt it.
    Budden: They ain't go no other guards.
    Jennings: Ridnour.
    Budden: N****, get that bum-a** n**** outta here.
    Jennings: He's going to be a backup.
    Budden: To who?
    Jennings: To who? Who else n****?

On what happened on draft night ...

Budden: Who was hatin' on you?
    Jennings: Jay Bilas.
    Budden: What happened? You ran in the draft late or some dumb s*** like a loser?
    Jennings: No, I was at the hotel. This is what happened right. My agent is like "Well, we ain't hear nothing .We ain't have no guarantee." So we makin' phone calls and s*** and n***** is saying like "The workouts is great and everything and he's the best point guard but we don't know yet, we just don't know."
    Budden: They didn't say that about Rick Rubio, number one, and number two they didn't say you the best point guard. They said your jump shot is shaky, you got some potential, but your work ethic is bull****. You averaged 3 points.
    Jennings: You're a liar. I know you're lying now.
    Budden: I'm just telling you what they said.
    Jennings: That ain't nothing but a college person.
    Budden: Just tell me what happened. You end up running in the draft? I tunred it off after that.
    Jennings: No, n****, I came out there and made my appearance n**** and I had the best appearance out of all them n******. And I was the best dressed, they said, by the way. I was the best dressed.

On whether he'll start next season ...

Budden: You think you gonna start for real though?
    Jennings: I don't know, actually, I really don't know.
    Budden: I heard that n**** Scott Skiles is an a**h***.
    Jennings: That n**** tough, that n**** tough though. There must be a reason he liked me. There must be a reason.

On Ricky Rubio and the Knicks ...

Budden: Let me know when Minnesota get there. So I can watch Rubio light your f****** a** up. I never seen a n**** hate on Rubio so much.
    Jennings: [inaudible]
    Budden: You know what's funny? You're the only guard in the draft talking s*** about Rubio.
    Jennings: The other n***** are scared.
    Budden: What are you going to do when Rubio comes to the Knicks?
    Jennings: Rubio is not coming, they are not giving up Rubio. You got Jordan Hill, you happy with that?
    Budden: I don't really know enough about Jordan Hill to be happy ... I'm happy with Toney Douglas.
    Jennings: I know they were booing this n****.
    Budden: What does that mean? They boo everybody n****.
    Jennings: If it was Stpehen Curry, them n***** would've went crazy in there.
    Budden: Shut the f*** up, you don't even know nothing about New York basketball.
    Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** skipped out on me.
    Budden: Oh man, you feel to the Knicks like I do about Jay-Z? [Laughs] Yo, the Knicks is your Jay-Z?
    Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** is always going to be weak.
    Budden: This is where I f****** hang up on your f****** ass for talking stupid.
    Jennings: Duhon ain't gonna get it done.
    Source - Click here

That's not really fair to Jennings. As I wrote back in June, Jennings apparently didn't realize that he was being broadcasted - everybody basically got to see what he's like in private.

Does that excuse what he said? I'd argue it does. Sure, he's cocky. That's why he's in the NBA - if he doesn't have that swagger and confidence, he doesn't get this far.

And remember, MJ and Bird were legendary trash talkers who surely talked like this all the time in private - and people loved it. In his latest book, Simmons tells a anecdote about Bird during some game, where he told an opposing coach he had a Christmas present for him. Late in the game, Bird hit a go-ahead three, turned to the coach and said "Marry fucking Christmas".

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this wasn't anything recent he said, but from the summer.

There's a difference between cocky and confident though. Cocky people have a tendency being insecure whereas confident usually means what it is. If your confident you usually don't need to talk smack in order to get your point across. You let your game do the talking, but trash talk is inevitable and yes MJ and Bird were apparently two of the best. Just not as vulgar as Jennings in my opinion.

Comment

Brandon Jennings should die a slow, painful death. :|

Comment

Eze wrote: View Post
          Brandon Jennings should die a slow, painful death. :|
          LOL *high 5*

Comment

The guy seriously annoys me. And then he decides it's okay for him to drop 55 and have the world slobber him, which made my annoyance grow even more.

I hope he gets a groin pull from the collective media handjobs.

Comment

The guy seriously annoys me. And then he decides it's okay for him to drop 55 and have the world slobber him, which made my annoyance grow even more.

I hope he gets a groin pull from the collective media handjobs.
              haha ... I like his game, but as I mentioned before I think his ego is starting to get the best of him. If he can back it up consistently then I'll shut it.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                haha ... I like his game, but as I mentioned before I think his ego is starting to get the best of him. If he can back it up consistently then I'll shut it.
                Soon as he pulled the stunt at the draft, I decided he would forever be graced in my Beno Udrih Shrine Of Hate. He was just visiting, but, I think he's going to get his own wing.

Comment

Ugh ... Beno's in your bad books eh? Has he always been? A while back I thought you were happy with him running the show. Maybe I'm confusing you for someone else.

Comment

Ugh ... Beno's in your bad books eh? Has he always been? A while back I thought you were happy with him running the show. Maybe I'm confusing you for someone else.
                    Beno actually was okay for that short time he filled in for Bibby. But, when Bibby got traded and Beno got his new contract...it all went down hill.

Beno blamed Theus and Natt for his struggles, which, actually seems to have merit cause he's playing well this year for Westphal...but...he double crossed me! I can't let him win now. lol

Comment

Beno actually was okay for that short time he filled in for Bibby. But, when Bibby got traded and Beno got his new contract...it all went down hill.

Beno blamed Theus and Natt for his struggles, which, actually seems to have merit cause he's playing well this year for Westphal...but...he double crossed me! I can't let him win now. lol
                      Ah well, having a young stud like Tyreke Evans must easy the pain a little. Not to mention Omri who's been a pleasant surprise for the Kings. Just a shame regarding Martin. That kid has some bad luck. He started the season on fire too.

Comment

Ah well, having a young stud like Tyreke Evans must easy the pain a little. Not to mention Omri who's been a pleasant surprise for the Kings. Just a shame regarding Martin. That kid has some bad luck. He started the season on fire too.
                        I realllllly wanted Rubio, in the worst of ways. Not even so much for the talent on the court, but, just for the exposure. But, Tyreke was my #2 choice and I'm happy we have him. The guy has absurd talent, especially when it comes to getting to the basket. But, he still has a really suspect jumper and questionable decision making...but those should hopefully grow with time.

And I love Omri! Air Jewdon. haha

I'm not really sure what to make of Martin - is it just bad luck? Injury prone? It's a shame he keeps getting hurt...but they're always so freakish in nature.

Almost like some other King who randomly fell to the floor when the arena AC was turned on too high.

Comment

eze wrote: View Post
                          almost like some other king who randomly fell to the floor when the arena ac was turned on too high.
                          lmao

Comment

Working...
                          X