From coach of the year to fired in 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From coach of the year to fired in 2 years

Another coach has been let go after winning the coach of the year award in the prior year. i think this might give Smitch something to smile a little about tonight...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5213917

Scott Brooks is $hitting his pants right now.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Cavaliers had a midnight deadline Sunday night to fire the head coach or pay him his full $4.5 million salary for next season.
      So if the Cavs had made the conference finals, Brown would've been $4.5M richer.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        So if the Cavs had made the conference finals, Brown would've been $4.5M richer.
        You are probably correct on that, but I am not so sure. Last year the Cavs were expected to beat Orlando in the conference finals and lost when expectations were that the Cavs would make it to the NBA Finals.

So I think that Brown may have needed to get back to the NBA Finals to have kept his job. Remember, the Pistons fired Saunders even though he got them to the conference finals every year he coached them.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

can you fire a coach in the middle of a playoff series?
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            You are probably correct on that, but I am not so sure. Last year the Cavs were expected to beat Orlando in the conference finals and lost when expectations were that the Cavs would make it to the NBA Finals.

So I think that Brown may have needed to get back to the NBA Finals to have kept his job. Remember, the Pistons fired Saunders even though he got them to the conference finals every year he coached them.
            I'm not debating what it would take for him to keep his job, I'm saying he lost $4.5M by not making the ECF because I don't think the Cavs would've fired him in the middle of a playoff series.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              I'm not debating what it would take for him to keep his job, I'm saying he lost $4.5M by not making the ECF because I don't think the Cavs would've fired him in the middle of a playoff series.
              I got ya. Thanks for the clarification
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
              X