Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think I Am About To Throw Up

DIMEMag

Doug Collins: "Players today did not grow up with tough coaches like I did. They're sensitive."
    http://twitter.com/DIMEMag

The lady players in the WNBA are probably laughing their behinds off at this one.

Collins should have stayed with TNT.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    http://twitter.com/DIMEMag

The lady players in the WNBA are probably laughing their behinds off at this one.

Collins should have stayed with TNT.

Lol. So whats he going to do about it? Probably make Bobby Knight his lead asst. and throw a few chairs in a screaming fit. With a mindset like that he is looking for trouble. The only solution is to sit a player out and better still send them home. These are the only ways to belittle the crybabies or those who wont listen in the pros...short of trading them to a bad team. I liked what the Rockets did to McGrady who was trying to reset the agenda with how he was going to be used by that team. They really miss the daytoday activities with the team and sending them home during the season is a dagger for most.

Comment

Basically what he's saying is...
      "There are less Kevin Garnetts and more Big Babies.
      There are less Kobe Bryants and more Vince Carters.
      There are less Jerry Sloans and more Jay Trianos."

He's probably right. I don't know why you guys think there's something wrong with it...

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        Basically what he's saying is...
        "There are less Kevin Garnetts and more Big Babies.
        There are less Kobe Bryants and more Vince Carters.
        There are less Jerry Sloans and more Jay Trianos."

He's probably right. I don't know why you guys think there's something wrong with it...
        One can only hope that you are being sarcastic
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          One can only hope that you are being sarcastic
          I don't think he is being sarcastic. He actually has a valid point and I am surprised to see your reaction to those comments.

The problem with new NBA Player culture has been discussed before by many ex-players and coaches and many have complained about this sensitivity issue and ....

This is nothing new ...

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            I don't think he is being sarcastic. He actually has a valid point and I am surprised to see your reaction to those comments.

The problem with new NBA Player culture has been discussed before by many ex-players and coaches and many have complained about this sensitivity issue and ....

This is nothing new ...
            Its the Allen Iverson generation. Players who grew up watching super-star players who had publicity and fame over their teams, they don't see the glamour in the team game just hitting that game winner and scoring 50 points.

Comment

This is nothing new ...
              You are right it is nothing new but the reaction will remain the same no matter how old the news gets, especially coming from a newly hired coach.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
                Its the Allen Iverson generation. Players who grew up watching super-star players who had publicity and fame over their teams, they don't see the glamour in the team game just hitting that game winner and scoring 50 points.
                I think that there is another reason in for it in addition to what you posted, however this is not the place to discuss that.

Comment

This is nothing new ...
                  Of course Collins is right and so is the poster you refer to. The question really is "Duh"?

Anyone watching/following the game must recognize this reality or they have trouble following the game. The current Celtics come as close as they can to replicating the great defensive/well balance/hardnosed teams of the past. But isnt this issue a bit more complex? Does it not coincide with the rise of ESPN, the jump directly from high school/now 1 year @ university, the no handtouch defensive rule, cba rules re practice, too many games etc etc. And yes expansion as well.

Collins was rather trite in his remark. We have the players we do because of some of the reasons above. Revert them and I think Collins would get his back-to-the-future player type. But that isnt happening is it? So I am afraid he's going to have to live with what he gets until a rarity like a Garnett, or Nash, or Deron Willliams or a handful of new players like them come his way.

Comment

Working...
                  X