Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic vs. C**tics, Hedo for Carter

I just watched the Magic C**ticts game and three things jumped out at me
    1)Dwight Howard is ridiculously good. Like best player in the league good.
    2)Vince Carter is not a good fit on that team. At all.
    3)The Magic desperately need a playmaker.

So, who in the Republic trades Carter for Turk?

I think I remember someone posting this question before, but I think that now there is actually a good chance the Magic do this deal. Carter choked tonight and he hasn't been the scoring playmaker they need. Hedo has proven he can be that guy for them, so I think the Magic make this deal. I'm just wondering if we make it.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

HERE IS HOW I WOULD FIX THE RAPTORS.

Forget keeping Bosh.

Try to Make these trades or similar ones:

Trade one: 3 Team trade
    Bosh to NJ in a sign and trade (other big name FA sign in NJ to make this appealing to Bosh
    #3 pick to Phily with Courtney Lee
    #2 Pick to Toronto (we draft Evan turner)

Trade 2:
    Hedo to Orlando for Gortat/B Bass

Trade 3:
    Collison and Posey (becasuse they make us take Posey) for #13 pick and Banks (expiring)

Trade 4: Jose Calderon to Pacers for # 10 pick and Jeff Foster (they make us take Foster)
    With the 10th pick we draft a big (Whiteside/E davis/ Monroe/Patterson/Udoh/Aldrich/Orton)

Trade 5 Optional

Knicks sign and trade Dave Lee to Raptors for Andrea Barnagni

Free agent singings

Andy Rautins for 800k
    one of T Outlaw/Mike Miller/Korver to a 2yr 4-5 Mil a year

Your 2011 Raptors

Starters
    Collison
    Turner
    Derozan
    Lee or AB7
    Gortat

Bench
    PG: Jack
    Wings: Weems/(1 of Outlaw/Miller/Korver)/Posey
    Bigs: Bass/ One of (Whiteside/E davis/ Monroe/Patterson/Udoh/Aldrich/Orton)/ Foster

Suits:
    Rautins/Marco/Reggie (Marco and reggie both expiring and could be moved at deadline.

Young and up and comming team...Under the tax too what do you think????????

Comment

I'd do it in a second. Why? well unlike most Raptors I don't dislike him, mainly b/c I wasn't even 11 when he left the team, and I was originally a fan of the Vancouver "Green" Grizzles, that says it all.

Comment

Vince Carter is losing minutes to JJ freaking Redick.

Carter sucks now, he should retire with Shaq when the Magic get eliminated.

Comment

Hedo for Carter

If you could bring in a 3rd team, it's possible this kind of trade could happen. I'm assuming Orlando's cap space (or will) allows for this kind of deal. Vince would never come, so another party needs to get involved.
          I'd only do this deal if meant getting a player with upside, as I think Hedo's upside is only "up" from here on.

Comment

If Bosh leaves and this becomes a 'blow-the-team-up' kind of situation then, given the length of Hedo's contract this is a no brainer.

Carter would be traded again asap (deadline at the latest) but really, who cares? As a bonus - bigger press than when Bosh leaves.

Comment

Terrible, terrible trade. VC is not a good fit for any decent team, especially one with young SG's who need minutes to improve.

And he should never wear a Raptors uniform again. I can't stand watching him pout, when his brow furrows and he looks like he's about to cry. And you would want that back in Toronto? Man, I don't like Hedo's contract and didn't like watching him "play" for the most part last season either but there are worse things...

....and you picked the worst one.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                I don't like Hedo's contract and didn't like watching him "play" for the most part last season either but there are worse things...

....and you picked the worst one.
                Preach brother preach!!!
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                X