How About We Keep Bosh and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About We Keep Bosh and....

Most of the forum topics have involved who the Raptors can get for Bosh in a S & T... how about scenarios where we keep Bosh and build around him.

Of all the big name free agents out there it sounds like Joe Johnson is most likely to leave... not saying that he is the only one, but have heard nothing to indicate that he wants to stay in Atlanta.

So to start the Raptors could offer Hedo and Derozan on a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. We may need to throw in Banks or Evans for salary cap purposes.

The next priority would be to get a defensive minded centre... I don't think Portland would even want to talk trades with the Raptors, but a player like Marcus Camby would be great for the Raptors. Portland may also be interested in Calderon, as he would be a better fit for the Blazers. Apparently Roy isn't a big fan of Andre Miller and Jose is the ultimate facilitator. So would the Blazers be willing to trade Marcus Camby and Bayless for Calderon and the 13th pick?

Those two deals would give the Raptors the following lineup:
    PG - Jack, Bayless
    SG - Weems, Belli
    SF - Joe Johnson, (small forward to be named later)
    PF - Bosh, Bargnani
    C - Camby, Amir Johnson
    Bench - Banks or Evans

Portland just extended Camby and for good reason, so they probably won't be trading him. Nor would they want Jose's contract and in your trade they still haven't offloaded Andre Miller.

The Hawks would never take back Hedo Turkoglu - he doesn't fit their game at all and isn't anywhere near athletic enough. You add that to his contract and the Hawks hung up the phone before you even managed to say "...and DeMar DeRozan".

Comment

I would argue that the Hawks athletes actually benefit Hedo and vice versa. He may not be the one leading the fast break, but that only takes 2 or 3 players. Once they get into a half court set Hedo is ideal. He can work the pick and roll and is a more effective passer than Bibby (who is on the outs there). And any defensive short comings can be 'hidden' with the Hawks more athletic players.

Comment

Derozan and Hedo for Joe Johnson? I'm biased because I think Joe Johnson is going to sign one of the most regrettable contracts in NBA history, but I think doing a Turk for Marvin Wililams makes the most sense.

Then you go to the other end of the spectrum trading Jose and his awful contract for a very talented Bayless and Camby thier Oden insurance. Pritchard is infamous for only doing deals where he is the clear cut winner. He would probably say no to Jack, Derozan and #13 for Camby and Bayless.

I actually think Hedo would be perfect for the Hawks if they lose Joe Johnson.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          Most of the forum topics have involved who the Raptors can get for Bosh in a S & T... how about scenarios where we keep Bosh and build around him.
          Well I think you have to treat Bosh as a free agent first, therefore its hard to build around him when we don't have him anymore.

Comment

posting is based on assumption that Bosh resigns... which does occasionally happen with free agents

Comment

Working...
            X