Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis and Gortat

I'll keep this simple.

Bosh and Turk for Rashard Lewis and Marcin Gortat in a sign and trade. Is their albatross contract better to have on the books than ours? Is Gortat a legit defensive rebounding centre? The salaries pretty much match up.

I'd do the deal. Would you?

you are crazy. How about they lend us the NBA Champions trophy so we can slober on it as well.

Comment

No way Orlando would make this trade...

Comment

For all the bitching we hear about Jose and Hedo's contracts, Rashard's contract is both of theirs combined.

So no, I wouldn't want him on the Raptors. Gortat isn't worth that much.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
          I hope you mean no way the "raps" make this trade. Coz this would be bad for the Raps.

Its ok, rookie mistake for Gorlitzer, hehehe.

Comment

iggyiggyigoudala wrote: View Post
            You don't think they'd rather have D12, Bosh, Turk(who played well with them), VC, and Nelson? Their payroll would be insane but I don't see why they wouldn't make it.

Comment

I agree - I think Orlando would make this deal in a heartbeat

Comment

This deal stinks for the Raptors.

Mack North wrote: View Post
                You don't think they'd rather have D12, Bosh, Turk(who played well with them), VC, and Nelson? Their payroll would be insane but I don't see why they wouldn't make it.
                Why? They're paying Lewis over $20/yr now. Hedo only makes half that.

Comment

No way would I be happy with Colangelo taking back Rashard Lewis' contract. No deal.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

I'll take the fact that nobody can agree who would win this trade, and nobody really gave any basketball reasons why this wouldn't work, as proof that it's a good one.

Comment

... here's why it doesn't work:

#1 You've completely stacked the Orlando magic. If SVG stays, he already knows how to use Hedo Turkoglu. You've given them the best front line in the game with Bosh and Dwight (yes, better than Bynum and Gasol). You've neutralized their need for Vince Carter, so they can just trade him away and get even more stacked, while using the far superior Barnes/Pietrus/Reddick depending on what they need. In fact, all you've really taken away from Orlando is their back up centre.

Now for Toronto... a lot of Magic fans have questioned Gortat's intensity after he landed his big contract. He's certainly not playing the same way he did last season to earn that big of a contract. Nonetheless, he is still a serviceable centre. Rashard Lewis, on the other hand, is one mammoth of a contract. Without Hedo around to feed him the ball he's been inconsistent. Given his pay he should be producing much more and he's owed over 60 million in the next 3 seasons.

No thank you. And everyone is in agreement this is a bad trade for the raptors except iggyiggyigoudala.

Comment

How about sending Turkoglu to the Magic in exchange for Mickael Pietrus and Marcin Gortat? The possible S&T for Bosh to Chicago will land us key pieces such as Taj Gibson. Having a frontcourt of Bargnani, Gortat, Gibson, and Amir Johnson isn't that bad in my opinion.

Comment

Rashard? nty.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                          X