X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo" I wont return to Toronto"

Translated Transcript & Link to Turkish TV Interview - Click Here

Ok , Guys. End of story.

Good news for all parts. Especially for me.

Hedo declared the thing we were expecting from him 2night. He exactly will not return to Toronto. He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract. It will be announced soon i guess.

There were lots of information in his speech. I bet you will hear its details around web soon. I wont translate all in here. Its better to forget all past things and look for the future for both parts.

The topic is yours. Here you go. Let classic bashing thing start!
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat May 29, 2010, 01:09 AM. Reason: Source link added

Does that even work? Can you terminate a contract without a buyout? I NEED TO KNOW NOW! FULL TRANSLATION PLEASE

Comment

Without a link, I'm not sure I buy it, but the only thing that could happen is that Turkoglu accept a buyout. That's the only way to end a contract early without cause. And I don't see that happening, quite frankly. Not after one season with the Raptors.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Turkish

'Toronto'ya dönmek istemiyorum'
        NBA'deki milli gururumuz Hidayet Türkoğlu NTV SPOR'da yayınlanan NBA Stüdyo programına konuk oldu ve birbirinden önemli açıklamalarda bulundu. 'Hedo' Toronto'ya dönmek istemediğini ifade etti.
        English Translation

'I do not want to return to Toronto'
        Hedo Turkoglu in the NBA, our national pride, NTV, published in sports was the guest of the NBA studio program and found each other important explanations. "Hedo" expressed does not want to return to Toronto.
        Turkish

NTV Spor
        Güncelleme: 00:22 TSİ 29 Mayıs. 2010 Cumartesi

NBA'de Toronto Raptors forması giyen milli basketbolcumuz Hidayet Türkoğlu NTV SPOR'a konuştu. NTV SPOR'da yayınlanan NBA Stüdyo programında Murat Kosova ve Kaan Kural'ın sorularını yanıtlayan 'Hedo' önemli açıklamalarda bulundu.

Toronto'da mutlu olmadığını her fırsatta dile getiren Türkoğlu "Ben Toronto'ya dönmek istemiyorum" açıklamasında bulundu. Toronto'daki macerasında yönetimle büyük sıkıntılar yaşadığını da söyleyen yıldız basketbolcu Amerikan basınında çıkan "Gece hayatından dolayı maçta oynamak istemedi" haberlerine açıklık getirdi ve bunu yönetimin ortaya çıkardığını iddia etti.
        English Translation

NTV Spor
        Updated: May 29 00:22 BST. 2010 Saturday

Wearing the national jersey in the NBA Toronto Raptors Basketball Hedo Turkoglu we were speaking to NTV sports. Published in Sport in the NBA studio program NTV Murat answering the questions of Kosovo and the K rule 'Hedo' statements were important.

Expressed at every opportunity in Toronto is not happy that Turkoglu, "I do not want to return to Toronto," was found in a statement. With management in big trouble in Toronto adventures of the star basketball player in the American press also mention that the "night life, not because you want to play in the match," he clarified news and it appears that the administration claimed.
        Turkish

"TORONTO'YA DÖNMEK İSTEMİYORUM"
        English Translation

"I do not want to go back to TORONTO"
        More on link in Turkish - You can use Google Language Tools to translate the rest if you can't read Turkish.

http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/id/25100585/
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri May 28, 2010, 05:49 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Where's this part: "He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract."?

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            Where's this part: "He said his advocate and BC are discussing the situation in order to find a way to end his contract."?
            Its in the video part.

Above translation is not wholly correct and not covering all. But bolded part is true.

I think first step is "Request Trade".... and last step is buyout.

One thing is sure. Hedo will not be in the next year roster.

Comment

If a trade cannot be arranged and as has been noted Hedo will not be on next year's roster in TO then he does not get paid, right? A buyout can be simple....can be done for 1$...and Hedo gets his "freedom" and seek his next location. I have a feeling that was a naive thought on my part.

Comment

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
                ):d:d

Comment

Huge IF on this (somehow I just don't see it happening) but, that said,

IF

Hedo is sure he could get a full mid-level exception cheque then a buy-out could be as cheap as the difference. Don't see him going much cheaper than that however.

Not sure what that would do to the Raptor's Cap and budget #'s though.

(For 2009-10 the mid-level $5.85 million - if that is roughly consistent for 2010-11 then that means the difference I'm referencing - for the 2010-11 year - would be ~ $4 million. 4 years of that is a lot of moola for MLSE to kiss good-bye and NOT ask BC to fall on his sword.)

Comment

Shocker. I'll wait for an accurate english translation before trying to make sense of it Interesting though. He seems to share his opinion on whether Bosh is staying or going but Google Translate just made me confused in english, instead of turkish.
                    Last edited by Mess; Fri May 28, 2010, 07:01 PM.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Well, if he didn't sign such a big-ass contract and then play so poorly, he probably would be a hell of a lot easier to trade. Seriously, though, this shouldn't come as a big surprise. He's never struck me as a guy who's going to take full responsibility for something, but simply find the easy way out. Asking for a trade is an easy way out.

My problem is that by publicly demanding a trade he's suddenly become that much harder to trade. It's not as if he asked for a trade and it wasn't happening. The offseason hasn't even started so it's not as if there's been no movement. And Turkoglu has been around the NBA long enough that he should know better.

My worry is what the Raptors will have to take back in order to trade him away.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hope someone is working on an english transcript of the 9 minute video.

Who wouldn't love to spend a friday night doing that?

edit: Oh wait there's also a second part that's 11 minutes long.
                        Last edited by Mess; Fri May 28, 2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          My problem is that by publicly demanding a trade he's suddenly become that much harder to trade.
                          That was my reaction too. But I kind of reassured myself that he would be impossible to trade for anyway.

(wait, is that really reassuring?)

Comment

KK = The commentator, HT = Hedo obviously.

KK - The most anticipated, here in Turkey too, crysis that came up after the Denver game close to the end, the most important part of the season. The incident that led to clash between you and fans & the toronto community. There was a gossip spread about you going out to a night club after not being able to play in Denver game, and on top of this the management actually did not refute the incident, and said that you were to be fined. This seemed like you were being thrown into fire, and as you know confrontation with the fans is a very dangerous situation for an athlete.

HT - Well, let me tell this first, I've been in the NBA for 10 years now, and it is the first time I've been boo'd by my own fans from time to time. This is an incredibly bad position to be, god forbid. This is one of the most shameful event (to occur).

KK - Well, this event (booing own players) does not really occur in the US as far as I know, the exceptions being the Sixers and Raptors.

HT- I have not witnessed this before, ofcourse when you played bad for a period, occasionally fans would do it but (here the commentators mention about Vince & Toronto and they share a bit of laugh), but I can say that I had some problems with the organization. In that case, my illness started at the Utah game, I could not continue playing against Memo in the second half. During my career, I've never stepped up to anyone and said - oh I won't play in today's game, directly. This (He is talking about being injured) happened to me in Toronto too, from time to time my hip, wrist, ankle was hurt, the cheekbone fracture and my nose, I can barely remember how my nose really looks like, yet I still wanted to go on and play the games, and stopped if I could not play. Thursday, game time (denver), I couldn't have slept the previous night, and couldn't have eaten anything at all. Friday when they asked me how I felt, I said - I was tired and I could not have slept.

Actually, let me say this in English so we can all understand if I actually did misunderstand it or something (smiles). "There is not such a thing to put you on the floor without any practice". Then I was told by the Italian conditioning trainer that I was not gonna play the next day and rest instead, then train on saturday and play in Miami and Charlotte games on sunday and monday. I said ok, then went upstairs even though I was told to go home to rest, for some bench press do little bit of training that made me feel better. I wanted to stay in the Canada Center to watch to game and be with my teammates. After the game was over, I went back to home. I was called by my teammates, the EUROs, it was not exactly where we stayed but it was as close as 100 meters, they asked me if I was asleep yet, and invited me over to where they were.

I am as serious as giving my contract back if they can deny / refute this.
                            Trust me, I can guarantee that it took no more then 15-20 minutes for me to go to that place where all, both euro and american, my "teammates" already were, the bar or a café as you might say. In fact, I left with Andrea Bargnani. This should be recorded on some tape (security cams).

The next day, this incident inflated, I was told to miss the game on purpose, just because I didn't want to play, and this was being said / exposed by the management, then they wanted to fine me for this, and for the stroy of it, I was going to be fined for two games, my lawyer & Mr Colangelo reconciled, and I was told by Colangelo that this should be forgotten, on top of this I was indeed fined on Miami game, and this type of comments were released by the management. And obviously it was all over the news, the situation I was in was (emberassing). I've played in 4 different teams in 10 years in the NBA (including Toronto), nothing like this ever happened. And as I said before, if this thing can be proved, I am in a position to give my everything up (returning or resigning his contract or something I guess)

This type of events have put me off of basketball and the organization. I was in a very good relationship with the community and the fans before this happened. People of Toronto were thankful of me for signing for Raptors, and showed their appreciation whererver they could find me (in a super-market etc.)

KK - Well you were not born yesterday anyways, you had good relationships in your pas teams (magic, kings, spurs).

HT - The turn of events just upsetted me. I feel strange against the organization now, I already have my lawyer assigned, I don't really want to turn back. My lawyer and Colangelo had some discussions, I hope to have some word soon.

I said, that you've put me in this situation, yet as a professional athlete I will do my best, give my best effort on the floor for the organization for remainder of my contract even if I start or come brom bench is up to you, I'm not a young player. But, if I was that "freakish guy", I'd have gone "....."

Then commentators mention about the Chi game after these events, where Hedo almost got a triple double with career best 19 rebs, and the as conversation went on, Hedo smiled and said that he was actually relieved to get these off his chest, finnally. Then they talked about national team or something.

Keep in mind I'm just doing this because it is "fun".
                            Don't bash me, or take the translation out of proportion please, I might have some errors (its late and i'm just off a very tiring week of exams :P )
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

To continue the buy-out thought a little bit, I could see where it might be as low as $9 to 10 million.

i.e.

Remaining contract of 4 years ($44 million)

less

Anticipated contract of full MLE for 5 years (~ $34 million)

(with Turks assuming the risk of NOT getting a full MLE)

How that $10 million would be split up over the next 4 years for the Raps is not something I know... however... not THAT big a hit in the grand scheme of things imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X