Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I was only joking. I'm grateful for you doing this. I'm sitting around reading it on a friday night so what can I say? :P
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Lets Celebrate. O.K now lets roll out the red carpet and sound the trumpet for the KING.

Comment

Interesting to hear his side of it. It doesn't seem like as much a villian as everyone portrayed him to be, but still:

I said ok, then went upstairs even though I was told to go home to rest, for some bench press do little bit of training that made me feel better.
        I would think that since he wasn't a new player, that he should have been smart enough to know that when a team tells you to go home to rest, you shouldn't go do a quick workout then go out to a bar later on. No way management can simply let that go. Especially when the media and fans found out about it.

It's interesting that his teammates invited him out, the Euros as he says. Though he said the americans were at the bar too. I would love to know what everyone thought of that. I'm guessing the people who invited him were cool with it.

Personally I wouldn't be. I could see how this would fracture team chemistry.

(not as bad as banging another teammate's mom though)

Comment

I don't know why everyone is happy about this. They will not buy him out, there is absolutely no way they'll spend that kind of coin just to get rid of him and this basically puts his trade value in the toilet. This is quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened to the organization this summer. Also, if the translation Buddha provided is accurate, well that really says a lot about why people don't want to sign with us.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I think Hedo leaving would solve our problem of trading one PG away as BC will be inclined to keep both of them since we'll need ball-distribution from both once Hedo is gone...

Comment

If this is true, this has the potential to be a PR disaster nightmare for the Raptor's organisation. Alot of what he says is damaging for a team that has trouble attracting free agents and now the biggest free agent acquisition they ever got basically poo poo'ed on the team and its fan base.

I thought Hedo would suck it up and actually try to reedem himself but he just showed his hand of how big of a whiny loser he really is.

Another great move eh Colangelo?!

Comment

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q62

How do buy-outs affect a team's salary cap?

The agreed-upon buy-out amount (see question number 61) is included in the team salary instead of the salary called for in the contract. If the player had more than one season left on his contract, then the buy-out money is distributed among those seasons in proportion to the original salary. For example, say a player had three seasons remaining on his contract, with salaries of $10 million, $11 million and $12 million. The player and team agree to a buyout of $15 million. The $15 million is therefore charged to the team salary over the three seasons. Since the original contract had $33 million left to be paid, and $10 million is 30.3% of $33 million, 30.3% of the $15 million buyout, or $4.545 million, is included in the team salary in the first season following the buyout. Likewise, 33.33% of $15 million, or $5 million, is included in the team salary in the second season, and 36.36% of $15 million, or $5.455 million, is included in the team salary in the third season.

The distribution of the buy-out money is a matter of individual negotiation. Changing the number of years in which the money is paid does not change the number of years in which the team's team salary is charged. In the above example in which the player's contract is bought out with three seasons remaining, the buyout amount is always charged to the team salary over three seasons. It does not matter if the player is actually paid in a lump sum or over 20 years (a spread provision).

Comment

This has been the best news around these parts for quite a while, now the only thing we need to figure out is how we get rid of him.

Comment

I rather have Jose then Hedo even though Hedo can cause mismatch for other team....

The only problem with Jose is even though he is very consistent in assist but his point production is up and down...... i know he is conservative but we need him to contribute the pt load .... he is basically the third option in scoring (due to Hedo...inconsistency in everything) along side with Bargnani and Bosh....

Only if we have a super star like Wade or even Ray Allen we could do some damage............in the east. But its a pipe dream... we could only rely on DeRozen developing into *cough*Kobe*cough* or at least Gerald Wallace

Comment

I’m kind of bothered by this. Hedo did have a lousy year, few would argue, but ... maybe Colangelo mishandled this into the clusterf*ck that it seems to have become.

He showed up to training camp feeling out of sorts, one way or another - and was probably ‘homesick’ for his wife on top of it if she wasn’t with him ... as opposed to how the Raptors brass made everyone believe - and Colangelo went ahead and gave his okay for him to sit out much of the training camp. So ... right from the get-go, it was messed up ... and most - fans, management and players - were rightly (or not) on edge about it all.

Then, the team struggled with all the new faces ... and Turk being here with his reputation, newly polished from the previous playoff success (finals) had a bigger spotlight on him than most of the others and ... it was tough for him (I’m guessing) to really find his place on the floor, with this brand-new team, especially with the team being as ‘Bosh-centric’ as it was. It had to be a whole new ball-game for his talents and whatever it is that he offers.

The thing that seems to be bothering him now, about being called out by EVERYbody for showing up at a bar while he was ‘supposedly sick’ ... well, which of us hasn’t done something similar? (I certainly have, for one reason or another, in one way or another.)

I can see him feeling crapped on a bit by all that. Colangelo probably could’ve handled that little drama better than he did ... because once the fans saw that Colangelo was unhappy about it as well, it legitimized the fans’ outrage ... so, it made it ‘okay’ to vent. And they did. At him, directly.

Had to feel crummy to be Hedo right then.

The reason I’m bothered about this, is that with Bosh gone (?), I had an outside hope that Hedo would come into this next season ready to go and maybe help us make something out of whatever talent it is that we end up having out on the floor.

His contract is bad, but that’s not his fault ... and his one year with the Raptors was bad, but that was only partially his fault. As far as I’m concerned, with Bosh playing dipsy-doodle about what he was gonna do at the end of the season ... and then after looking like we might have something going on (before the A.S. break), he came back from the All Star break looking almost... guilty (to my eyes -- meaning, he knew then that he was going at the end of the year) ... and really, the season was a write-off from that moment, on. There wasn’t much that Hedo could’ve done to save it.

Maybe it’ll be better to let him go and save the contract money ... I dunno. But, if it happens like that, the organization will come out of it looking like shit.

And that’s something we really don’t need, right now. At all.

Comment

The fact he wants to go, sure that could be good or bad news depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Hedo making his statements public is absoulety disasterous news...

Comment

My thoughts are that a buyout makes no sense as his contract would still be highly detrimental to the Raptors salary cap for it's entirety. They need to trade him with Bosh. It should be a requirement of any S&T.

EDIT: I've seen many unprofessional players roll through Toronto but Hedo is one that really caught me off guard. Never did I imagine a little over 11 months ago when he was acquired that he would be so volatile in the locker room, in the media and on the court. He truly made the least of all his opportunities in Toronto, with the exception of salary. I won't be sad to see him go and I will give him a strong boo anytime he steps back into the ACC, player or spectator, while I am fortunate enough to be present.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Fri May 28, 2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

After reading that, if Hedo agrees to a pretty low buyout amount it wouldn't be too detrimental for the Raptor's cap space - paying money for nothing - like extending Marcus Banks' contract.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                              After reading that, if Hedo agrees to a pretty low buyout amount it wouldn't be too detrimental for the Raptor's cap space - paying money for nothing - like extending Marcus Banks' contract.
                              A low buy-out, say the $10 million I referenced (good luck with that but you never know), would look like this:

2010-11 .. 2.23
                              2011-12 .. 2.41
                              2012-13 .. 2.59
                              2013-14 .. 2.77

Which isn't too bad at all when you think about it.

Comment

lets all hope Orlando would get him back.....

Comment

Working...
                                X