Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hedo" I wont return to Toronto"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Could Colangelo have landed more if he was in the situation? Maybe but maybe he would have rolled the dice on some high risk deals that Babcock steered clear of.
    What part of the VC trade wasn't high risk? I mean, aside from Eric and Aaron Williams. Draft picks are high risk. An aging, injury plagued center that didn't want to play in Toronto is another big risk. The VC trade is atrocious, and from the reports at the time it was all because Babcock wanted two picks instead of one. He insisted on two picks and that's why we got screwed so royally.

Colangelo, for all his mistakes, has yet to make one as awful as Babcock. The Hoffa over Iggy pick was dreadful, and the VC trade was even worse. Not trading the #7 and #16 picks for a chance at Chris Paul/Deron Williams was also pretty bad, but maybe that's just hindsight. I actually believe several bloggers would have done a better job than Babcock in his short tenure, and I'm not even exagerating.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    I used the wrong method with the wrong technique

Wrong

Wrong

There's something wrong with me chemically
    Something wrong with me inherently
    I reached the wrong ends by the wrong means
    It was the wrong plan
    In the wrong hands
    The wrong theory for the wrong man
    The wrong eyes on the wrong prize
    The wrong questions with the wrong replies

Wrong

Wrong

I was marching to the wrong drum
    With the wrong scum
    Pissing out the wrong energy
    Using all the wrong lines
    And the wrong signs
    With the wrong intensity
    I was on the wrong page of the wrong book
    With the wrong rendition of the wrong look
    With the wrong moon, every wrong night

With the wrong tune playing till it sounded right yeah

Wrong

Wrong
    (Too long)
    Wrong
    (Too long)

Wrong

Now its the right time to "Enjoy The Silence" , Hedo
    Last edited by Vellassco; Sun May 30th, 2010 at 04:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eric Smith's view on the situation

I'm very disappointed in Hedo Turkoglu and how he has handled this 'situation'. It would have been better for ALL parties involved if things had been kept in-house. And I'm still trying to figure out how a guy can write-off next season before even knowing who his teammates will be and how that could (positively) impact his game and his 'comeback' from a lackluster 2009-10 season.
    Eric Smith's Blog

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible answer to Eric Smith's question

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very disappointed in Hedo Turkoglu and how he has handled this 'situation'. It would have been better for ALL parties involved if things had been kept in-house.
    This is one of those situations were I don't think it matters a damn thing if the player goes public with his trade demand. His trade value is already set (it doesn't lower his value, it doesn't make a trade harder to negotiate) and everyone already knows he was unhappy with his role/play with the Raptors.

Absolutely nothing has changed by this demand becoming public.

Post Thanks / Like

if things had been kept in-house.
    Which house? All year long It was all transparent over there, as if made up of glass. Nobody kept things inside. Jose did it when Jack was sitting on driver seat, Wrigth was spending his time on front of media more than his PT on court, When Jack returned to his initial role his face and attitudes on court was telling you whole story, Belinelli was using italian restaurants and his agent to feed media, No need to mention Bosh and his tweets... Hedo talked once, said "Ball" and won Scapegoat of the year prize with that.

Your fan base, your media (inc. D.Smith), your coach, your GM created a freak from last years most valuable FA and repeatedly announced how disappointed from him to everywhere.. and now when he said same thing for you all, you are grumbling from his comments. Pathetic!

Actually Interview was not given to Canadian boards, it was to us. It was all about releasing his depression on front of us at his home. Nothing more, nothing less.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hedo has a beautiful wife and baby.

Maybe she wants him to stay home in Turkey or not return to Toronto. It wouldn't be the first time nor the last that a man listened to and did what his wife asked him to do

In fact as I recall there was talk during the season that his wife was unhappy in Toronto. I am sure that after they returned to Turkey that she was even more unhappy about the prospects of spending another winter in Toronto. Not that there is anything wrong with Toronto but as they say different strokes for different folks
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Hedo has a beautiful wife and baby.

Maybe she wants him to stay home in Turkey or not return to Toronto. It wouldn't be the first time nor the last that a man listened to and did what his wife asked him to do

In fact as I recall there was talk during the season that his wife was unhappy in Toronto. I am sure that after they returned to Turkey that she was even more unhappy about the prospects of spending another winter in Toronto. Not that there is anything wrong with Toronto but as they say different strokes for different folks
    Not really, Buddah.

There were non-translated parts on that interview. When he asked his wife and her role on critical decisions he always says it's minimal. He is a professional and also enjoying to play Basketball (not valid for his Toronto adventure i guess). He repeated there, he choosed Toronto over Portland from Basketball POV not for money issues. ( We dont know what BC said and convinced him to come Toronto but as if it seems he was fucked up by him) He also said he could earned more at Portland if his decision was contrary.

They actually spent a month in Orlando before they came to Turkey. I bet everywhere seems Heaven (out of Toronto) to him. He said it was so nice to be with his wife and his kid there at Orlando in order to get rid of all negative moods from last season. He also added it was not weather, city life or culture related.
    Last edited by Vellassco; Thu Jun 3rd, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information