• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old are you Buddha?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      How old are you Buddha?
      What the hell does that have to do with anything.

How big is ur manhood?
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

6 feet.

Anyway, I too feel Bosh goes to Miami. But that's not based on any substantial evidence, just a gut feeling. I think the only players likely to move this season are the power forwards (Boozer, Bosh, Stoudamire, and Lee). Unless someone is stupid enough to give JJ the max...

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          1. You are assuming that it is moronic for someone who will maybe make close to $.5 billion or more in their life from all sources of income to leave about $30 million in basketball salary on the table.

There is a lot more to life than making an additional $30 million in basketball salary when you are going to make maybe $.5 billion or more in your life. For all we know if Bosh signs with the Heat there may be a number of business opportunities open to him that would not be open to him if he went somewhere else. So in the end he may make even more by walking than doing a S&T.

Bosh is not exactly dumb. In fact my sense of it is, is that he is a pretty smart young guy so I can see him looking at making money from a lot of different places in addition to just his basketball salary.

2. I am not so sure that if Bosh walks that the Raptors will be screwed. You are assuming that BC can get better pieces with decent contracts in a S&T than he could get from free agency or by trading when under the cap. Remember if Bosh walks the Raptors will be under the salary cap, not by much, unless they can dump Reggie and Banks but enough without dumping them to get a lot more trading flexibility. If BC can dump Reggie and Banks and Bosh walks that would give him a lot cap space and a lot more flexibility to trade anyone on the Raptors roster or maybe sign a very good free agent than he would have if he did a S&T with Bosh.
          First off Bosh isn't going to make close to half a billion dollars. Antoine Walker just went broke after making over a 100 million in his career. These player's have extravagant lifestyles, taste and usually have a ton of family and friends to take care of or to be taken advantage of.

Not only do many of these athletes needs every dollar they earn, many of them like most other humans want to be paid as much as possible. I think people underestimate how much Bosh cares about his image and wants to leave on good terms and how determined he is to make as much money as possible. I think he is as likely to walk away from the 30 million and leave the raps holding the bag as he is signing a one year deal for the MLE in order not to take up a teams cap space.

You said Bosh isn't dumb, I would argue that is precisely what he is. From his tweets and general comments, he like most athletes is surrounded by a bubble of people telling him what he wants to hear and not what he needs to hear. He shouts from an internet mountaintop that he wants people to tell him where to go and then complains when people infer about the very question he posed. He seems to be painfully self-aware. He says he wants to be treated like a superstar, but then acts like petulant child in constant need of attention.

My original point was that teams like the knicks would have been better off conserving thier assets to use via S&T's, rather than banking on marquee FA's leaving so much money on the table.

Lastly, I don't think the raps will be screwed if Bosh leaves, but him leaving without the raps getting anything in return would be akin to him screwing the team. I think Bosh is the most overrated star in basketball. He is a great piece to add to an already talented team, but as a center piece he is lacking in every single attribute other than scoring and rebounding. You and I are in the vocal minority regarding Amir's ability to step into Bosh's minutes and provide equal if not better overall production.

Comment

Mo_Sales

I think that I can see where you are coming from my friend. Ur argument and points are well thought out and show sound reasoning.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Don't think I have reneged on our bet either. Simply been waiting for the playoffs to play out or the opportunity to go double or nothing.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                Don't think I have reneged on our bet either. Simply been waiting for the playoffs to play out or the opportunity to go double or nothing.
                Double or nothing.

U can just donate it to Hedo. I am sure that he would luv it as a going away present.

Just kidding. We will see about a double or nothing but it will have to wait until 2010-11. I am okay with that as it is summer and I like to try and stay on the not to fat side when I wear fewer articles of clothing to cover up the excesses of gourmet eating.

Comment

What the hell does that have to do with anything.

How big is ur manhood?
                  why? whats wrong with asking somebody's age?

I think i should be asking that question on why you want to know the size of my manhood. Maybe its just me, but asking the size of another guy's manhood is a little bit gay, dont you think?

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    why? whats wrong with asking somebody's age?

I think i should be asking that question on why you want to know the size of my manhood. Maybe its just me, but asking the size of another guy's manhood is a little bit gay, dont you think?
                    Your attitude in the post I quoted above as evidenced by your words and their implicit tone is coming very close to committing a hate crime.

Think about it.

Comment

I forgot to mention among the reasons why Bosh may wind up in Miami.

Bosh and Wade have the same agent; Henry Thomas.

Comment

Your attitude in the post I quoted above as evidenced by your words and their implicit tone is coming very close to committing a hate crime.

Think about it.
                        dude, i think you need to come up with something better than that. I dont think associating gays with manhood is a hate crime. saying you want to kill gay people or want to impale them, now thats a hate crime. asking about somebody's age is not a hate crime. you asking about my manhood, im not sure if i want to hate you, but its definitely a crime. so dont point the hate crime on me. coz i hate crime.

Comment

One other thing that might given Bosh incentive to sign with the Heat.

There is no state income tax in Florida

Bosh of course would pay the top rates

Highest state income tax rates for each state
                          --------------------------------------------------------
                          Lakers - CA - 10.55%
                          Knicks - N.Y. - 8.97%
                          Bulls - IL - 3%
                          Heat - FL - 0.0%

http://retirementliving.com/RLstate3.html

Comment

Kevin Durant Writes on His Blog

From here

KD just wrote on his blog

As far as my take on where some players might end up, I think D-Wade is going to stay in Miami, I think Bosh will go join him in Miami and I think with LeBron… it’s either Chicago or Cleveland. Now, that’s just what I think. Just my guesses. Of course, you never know.

And I know all of you have your own opinions and theories on where players will end up, so let me know what’s on your mind in my comments section.

Thunder Up!
                            http://kevindurant35.com/2010/06/04/...0-free-agency/

Maybe KD should make sure to keep his night job

Comment

Henry Thomas client list includes

Dwyane Wade
                              Udonis Haslem
                              Chris Bosh

Thomas only has 8 clients in total

http://hoopshype.com/agents/henry_thomas.htm

The Toronto Sun reported as far back as Nov 2009 that the Heat would make a run at Bosh

The Chris Bosh rumours are going to be non-stop between now and the end of the season, but if I'm Bosh, here's one worth thinking about: Word is the Miami Heat are trying to find a way to get LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh all in the same uniform, something the players themselves apparently have talked about

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col...51936-sun.html

Heat two good with Dwayne Wade, Udonis Haslem

By Associated Press
                              Friday, April 16, 2010

MIAMI - They came into the league together, simultaneously stepping onto the floor for the first time as Miami Heat rookies on Oct. 8, 2003.

Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem have been inseparable ever since.
                              http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...cles/100419494

Comment

Riley promises to sell James and Chris Bosh(notes) on taking a little less money for a chance to be champions. He plans to tell them all about how the Showtime Lakers did it in the pre-salary cap ’80’s and how they can do it, too. It’s an improbable scenario, and a source with knowledge of his plans says Riley clearly prefers Chris Bosh over Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) with the second max contract slot the Heat have available. In fact, Riley is believed to still be torn about whether he would take Stoudemire over Utah’s Carlos Boozer(notes). Riley is also intrigued with signing Boston’s Ray Allen(notes) to get a shooter on the floor with Wade.
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...nfluence060510

Comment

Working...
                                X