Rautins + Weems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rautins + Weems

I predict that Rautins does not get drafted and signs with us as a free agent. That would give us 4 young players at the 2, probably making belinelli a tradeable asset.

Could Weems be a viable option at the 3, even though he is only 6.3 inches?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Colangelo has been very hesitant when it comes to bringing in Canadian players. Not sure if it will change now.

Comment

I see Andy Rautins in a GSW jersey next year.

Weems is 6'6". And will probably be our starting SF next year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Colangelo has been very hesitant when it comes to bringing in Canadian players. Not sure if it will change now.
        Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        I predict that Rautins does not get drafted and signs with us as a free agent. That would give us 4 young players at the 2, probably making belinelli a tradeable asset.

Weems is listed at 6' 6" still somewhat on the short side for a sf. He has good reach and athletic but is vulnerable to the postup. A tweener.

Comment

My apologies on the height. As for the Colangelo thing, what Canadian was their to bring in? Rautins is the first Canadian player I remember seeing on draft boards.

As for GSW are they that committed to being a joke that they will draft another project wing player?

Comment

Rautins could be a good gamble for a lot of teams... at best he could pan out to be a one-trick pony like Kyle Korver, Kapono, Reddick, etc.... very servicable shooters that can spread the floor on the offensive end. And Rautins is probably a better passer than Korver, and definitely better than Kapono.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              HOLY CRAP, he looks a lot bigger on TV!! What is he, part gnome?

And I don't see Rautins in an NBA uniform at all next season, but he MIGHT catch on as a 12th guy. If he does sign with the Raptors, I just don't think he's good enough for any of their current SGs to be affected.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He is a good NCAA / team Canada shooter. Who probably inherited some of his father's grittiness, if he can continue to shoot the ball well he may be as good as JJ Redick (took him awhile but now he lived to his hype).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Weems is listed at 6' 6" still somewhat on the short side for a sf. He has good reach and athletic but is vulnerable to the postup. A tweener.
                  I would say you're right about him probably not being able to handle guys like Melo. I do think he fits the 2 well for every game use and so that's why he wouldn't be a tweener in my mind.

Comment

Weems is identical to Andre Iguodala in terms of size and athleticism, so I don't see any problems with Sonny playing the 3. If anything, it might be an advantage because he's so much faster and quicker than typical NBA SF's.

Comment

I think the point being made was defending guys down low in the paint. When you're guarding the 3 you're defending the post a lot more than at the two. Facing strong post players like Melo would be a real challenge.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I think the point being made was defending guys down low in the paint. When you're guarding the 3 you're defending the post a lot more than at the two. Facing strong post players like Melo would be a real challenge.

Yes Sir
                        ===================

NEW ORLEANS - MARCH 18: Ishmael Smith #10 of the Wake Forest Demon Deacons shoots the ball over Avery Bradley #0 of the Texas Longhorns in the last second to win the game in overtime during the first round of the 2010 NCAA menâ¬"s basketball tournament at the New Orleans Arena on March 18, 2010 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Deacons defeated the Longhorns 81-80. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
                        Oh Sheet!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=46196
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 31, 2010, 06:15 PM.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                        X