Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Raptors Lineup 2010/2011

#Trade 1
    Bosh for Bynum plus the lakers two second round picks.

#Trade 2
    Turkoglu + filler to Charlotte for Diaw.

Draft Babbitt or Hayward at #13
    Draft two bigs at #43 (Jerome Jordan) and #58 (Zoubek)

Sign Amir, sign Rautins

1)Jack/Calderon (looking for a way to trade him)/Banks
    2)Derozan/Weems/Belinelli/Rautins
    3)Diaw/(Babbitt or Hayward)/Weems
    4)Bargnani/Johnson/Evans/Dorsey
    5)Bynum/Jordan/Zoubek
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Is rautins good?

Comment

nope rautins is not

Comment

think JJ Redick

tbihis wrote: View Post
        Is rautins good?
        think JJ Redick

Comment

BomKeyzi wrote: View Post
          think a very poor man's version of JJ Redick
          I fixed it for you.

Comment

Rautins is at best like JJ Redick at worst he is like Adam Morrisson.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              Rautins is at best like JJ Redick at worst he is like Adam Morrisson.
              Actually, at worst I think he's Trajan Langdon, or maybe just somebody who most people have never heard of and plays in Europe.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Eh

No i dont like Bynum. He seems to lack that explosive step that he used to have. He doesnt have the potential to still be the dominanent center he was once thought to be. I'd rather try to trade CB to Miami for all of their picks. Well, not all of them. There is just no point of HAVING to deal away CB. I say if a good sign and trade offer comes, then take it. But Bynum, who clearly has some issues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjx7MUowb2U), doesnt really seem the kind of person that is willing to play ball in Toronto. And just watch some Lakers games, he is almost a non factor sometimes.

I know many people would perfer Bynum over all the other terrible trade scnerios, but really, why bother. I would perfer him over someone like Luol Deng, but all the trade scnerios for the Raptors suck ass! Why? Because everyone hates the Raptors, except for us.

Recently, i just heard a trade for Arenas. I would just like to say that that trade would really screw us the Raptors. The obvious: His contract. You have to ask youself one question: What are you getting with 20 million dollars a year? Well... not that much. He might get 20 points per game, but really, the risk is huge. He might come in his first year as a Raptor, think it's all a joke, jack up 30 shots a game, then mess up his knee the second game. Someone said that there just isnt a big enough reward for getting him, and i would have to agree.

I'm a little content for the Diaw for Turk trade. Even though not too many people know Diaw, he is a decent defender. He could hit a couple threes. But he plays a little undersized at the Forward position, where he normally plays. Plus, with CB4 inevitably leaving (sorry guys) , i dont think getting another forward would help with Andrea's progression as a player. I really think with CB4 leaving, he has a chance to produce the same numbers that he had towards the end of this season, which was around 20 points per game even with the losses.

I want to come to my main point. The Raptors NEED a defensive big. That's it. For now. Look, the Raptors next year have so much room for mistakes. No one really is going to expect much from the Raptors if Bosh leaves. So i say this offseason, really, get some draft picks for Bosh or just let him go. It won't help the Raptors in the short term, but it would defintly help them in the long term. Even if the Raptors screw up next season, there are tons of GOOD point guards in next year's draft, like Brandon Knight. In the end, i say we dont rush anything. There's no point in getting Arenas other than pleasing the incompetant 10 year old fans with their fantasies. It's not worth 20 million dollars for the next 4 years.

Comment

Moon Knight wrote: View Post
                  But Bynum, who clearly has some issues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjx7MUowb2U),
                  Yes, he doesn't like when teammates don't give him the ball when he's completely sealed his man five feet from the basket. I can't believe you are calling this "issues". If Bargnani had this attitude, you think he would go so long without being involved in the offense?
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Yes, he doesn't like when teammates don't give him the ball when he's completely sealed his man five feet from the basket. I can't believe you are calling this "issues". If Bargnani had this attitude, you think he would go so long without being involved in the offense?

Well, i never heard Bargnani yell out to his players "give me thef****** ball" in a preseseason game. Are you telling me it's okay to tell that to your teammates when you dont get your way especially if you're a rookie? Cause Bynum was then. He has a very bad attutude. Even Kobe agrees lol. Imagine when he's with the Raptors. Bynum has shown immaturity. I dont even know what will happen if he comes to the Raptors and doesnt get what he wants. Maybe it will be Turkuglo Version 2.0.

Well i cant really deny Bynum's talents though. Just look what he did to Shaq. But he really lost a step. Which was clearly evident in this year's playoffs. And say what you want about his injuries. But guess what? HE'S ALWAYS INJURED!

But obviously, you seem to be a pro-bynum supporter. And i cant blame you cause he's the best offer the Raptors could muster up from other sign and trades in terms of talent and short term goals. But I'm not sure if he's the type of player that could successfully lead the Raptors (They should really be called the Huskies) into the playoffs and even to the latter rounds.

Comment

You know, I can't help but notice that any time you attempt to defend an attack on a player, you're automatically labeled a XXX-supporter. Can we get over this, please?

I am not a Bynum supporter, and I don't necessarily agree with him yelling at his teammate like that, but to assume he's some sort of a problem player because of this is jumping to huge conclusions. We also don't know if there had been issues before this or anything else. And I would agree he's shown immaturity. I'd also like to point out the fact that the guy is 22 years old. Kobe had many of the same issues at the same age, as do a lot of NBA players. They're raised in a insular world that stunts their emotional growth and is the main reason I have no desire to know most NBA players. On the other hand, I enjoy watching them play basketball.

Bynum is an extremely talent 7 footer who has the potential to be one of the top players in the league. He's also got injury problems and needs to remain focused in order to achieve his potential.

I'm not sure how me disagreeing with a comment about him makes me a "pro-Bynum supporter" (wouldn't that make me a fan of Bynum fans?). I simply disagree judging a person based on the clip that you highlighted. If the clip had been featuring another player doing exactly the same thing I would have written the exact same comment. Believe it or not, my opinion of things generally does not change depending on who's involved.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Andrew Bynum (C) and Boris Diaw (PF) would combine to make a very good defensive backbone to a team.

They would instantly make the Raptors an above average defensive team (Bynum/Diaw/Amir + Hedo/DeRozan/Weems + Jose/Jack) and could quite easily become a top five defensive team with some improvements on the perimeter.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          You know, I can't help but notice that any time you attempt to defend an attack on a player, you're automatically labeled a XXX-supporter. Can we get over this, please?

I am not a Bynum supporter, and I don't necessarily agree with him yelling at his teammate like that, but to assume he's some sort of a problem player because of this is jumping to huge conclusions. We also don't know if there had been issues before this or anything else. And I would agree he's shown immaturity. I'd also like to point out the fact that the guy is 22 years old. Kobe had many of the same issues at the same age, as do a lot of NBA players. They're raised in a insular world that stunts their emotional growth and is the main reason I have no desire to know most NBA players. On the other hand, I enjoy watching them play basketball.

Bynum is an extremely talent 7 footer who has the potential to be one of the top players in the league. He's also got injury problems and needs to remain focused in order to achieve his potential.

I'm not sure how me disagreeing with a comment about him makes me a "pro-Bynum supporter" (wouldn't that make me a fan of Bynum fans?). I simply disagree judging a person based on the clip that you highlighted. If the clip had been featuring another player doing exactly the same thing I would have written the exact same comment. Believe it or not, my opinion of things generally does not change depending on who's involved.

Well, i didn't question the talent. It's all there. And actually, i didnt know that he was 22 to be honest. But frankely, isnt that the problem? he doesnt play like hes young. He plays like he's 31... idk if it's the injury problems or something... but at times you see some flashes of incredible athleticsim.

but overall, even though this has nothing to do with our discussion, Andrew Bynum would be a better risk to take than picking Arenas. Just letting that out there. Their both risks, but i think because of his "age" and because of his goatee... wait they both have goatees.. well never mind it's just cause of Bynums age and his contract, which is about half the size's of arenas.

And finally... about your assuming comment. I dont really get it. Kobe is Kobe. I highly doubt Andrew Bynum is going to have the same mentalitlty as Kobe. Even though.. yea Kobe was very immature when he came out of highschool. But you cant "assume" (according to you) that he's going to have the same killer instict like Kobe when he turns 28-30. And i think thats the biggest problem with Bynum. I dont see that "Killa" instict...

But yea, i shouldnt assume he doesnt have it. I'll just say the Raptors should run the dices. See what happens.

And aside from the whole Bynum thing... why the hell would the Bobcats take Turkoglu when they have two really good forwards (Stephen Jackson and Gerald wallace) I know they had a problem with offence last year, but im sure they could get a better offensive piece at the Guard Postion and even at the Center position.

Comment

Working...
                          X