Greg Oden: Warming Benches Since 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Oden: Warming Benches Since 2007

Greg Oden was drafted in 2007. Three years later he's now played a career total of 82 regular season games. At what point do the Blazers entertain moving him? What do you think his price tag is right now?

The price tag will depend on what his xrays, mri & in his case dna reveal. His bones and tendons may have a propensity to snap easily. I would not invest too much in him unless all of his medical data were made available. Of course my dna remark was a bit tongue-in-cheek for obvious reasons...but the request is not without precedent. Mr. Curry with the Knicks was asked by the Bulls to undergo such a test because of a heart condition but refused...and then got traded courtesy of Isaiah.

Comment

Who says history doesn't repeat itself? 23 years later and Portland select Same Bowie again while a huge successful future talent is picked by another team.

I just hope at least Blake Griffin will have a good career.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Greg Oden was drafted in 2007. Three years later he's now played a career total of 82 regular season games. At what point do the Blazers entertain moving him? What do you think his price tag is right now?
        On the NBA wire today, The Heat are very interested in acquiring Oden
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The sooner Oden leaves Portland the better it will be for is career xD
          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

This guy was going to be a bust anyways, much like Thabeet.

Comment

how about dealing for Oden if Colangelo? i know he'll play like a quarter of the season, hes a defensive minded centre, and when hes on the floor hes not that bad. just a thought

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                This guy was going to be a bust anyways, much like Thabeet.
                How so? Thabeet isn't good enough to handle D-league players, Oden has handled himself quite well, beyond fouls, while playing NBA games. 11 and 8.5 with 2 and a half blocks aren't bust numbers.

Comment

Off-topic: I'd like Joel Pryzbilla "the white Gorilla" as a good veteran big man for the Raptors.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Off-topic: I'd like Joel Pryzbilla "the white Gorilla" as a good veteran big man for the Raptors.
                    I believe you meant The Vanilla Gorilla Joel Pryzbilla! But anyways, I'd take him or Oden, Portland has a log jam at C but all 3 are injury prone guys so they might wanna keep all 3 in case one goes down.

Comment

It's not a logjam for the precise reason you stated: injuries. Portland is intentionally paying 3 centres for insurance purposes.

Comment

what did you expect... it may say he's only 22 on his birth certificate, but he's as agile as an 87 year old, look for yourself.

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                        X