I Have Little Doubt that LeBron Will Sign with Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Little Doubt that LeBron Will Sign with Cleveland

I bought more than a game yesterday. For those of you who do not know the movie. It a documentary about the Akron Fab that took over 7 and half years to complete. The crew followed Lebron and his crew through high school and gives an inside look at more than the fame and glitters. It is a heartfelt journey of a group of friends. It is amazing documentary! Okay enough with the film review.

Two things that come out from the documentary and that have persuaded me that Lebron will resign with Cleveland.;
    1)Lebron is loyal
    He embraces his upcoming and his attachment to Akron and the state of Ohio. His friends, his mom and his life are anchored in that city. It is all transpires in the movie. And for some reason, LeBron does not look like a hypocrite. If he is soul-searching right now and I am the GM for Cleveland, all I would tell him to do is watch the movie and think about it.
    2)LeBron is a winner
    No team offers a better opportunity to win than Cleveland. (Knicks? - don't think so, Nets? Not going to happen, Bulls? Maybe - I could see headbutting with Noah)

Any other impressions? On a side note, has anybody heard anything about the mysterious elbow?
    Last edited by Season; Wed Jun 2, 2010, 01:39 PM.

Only one other team in league history has won more regular season games over a two season span than the Cavs just won. They may not have made it all the way but they can't be far off...

Comment

If this is about where LeBron can go for his best chance to win, I think Chicago and New Jersey definitely provide a much better chance. However, I too think LeBron is staying in Cleveland, and I said as much to one Cleveland fan on a plane to Toronto from London (she was happy to hear someone outside of Cleveland though so too).

People usually don't leave a comfortable situation, momma's cooking, and $30 million dollars for a *chance* to win a championship. And that's really all it is, a chance. He has a chance to do it in Cleveland, with all of the above, so why leave?

Comment

New Jersey?
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If James stays in Cleveland, which is a realistic possibility, they will be in the same position as they are now. Neither, Bosh, Amare, or Wade would want to move to Cleveland. So, he'd have to attract a better surrounding cast and hope that they get over the hump. (There is also the alleged Delonte West incident).
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Really the best place for Bron to win is Cleveland? I'd argue it is the team that offers him the least chance to win in the NBA. They had back to back 60 game seasons and couldn't get out of the East either time. Shaq is over-washed up, Jamison aged overnight, Mo Williams had another disappointing spring, Z is toast and the only bright spots are sideshow and Hickson.

I thought they would win the title this year, but they showed that they are very far off and likely to get worse, not better. Unless the Cav's can pull off a S&T for a big name, there is no reason to expect a different outcome with the same cast.

The only reason to stay is loyalty and he's already given them seven years, how much more do they need? I hope he goes, Cleveland is too small a city for him and has had seven years to surround one of the best player's in history with a championship cast.

Comment

So why the posturing?

I also think that with some adjustments Cleveland is probably the best team for him. Why change? Chicago will be an albatross by way of expectations and MJ's legacy there. He can have his own someplace else and Cleveland provides the best opportunity outside of Chi.

Lebron still has the cachet to convince one of the other f/as to come to the Cavs in a s&t.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                Really the best place for Bron to win is Cleveland? I'd argue it is the team that offers him the least chance to win in the NBA. They had back to back 60 game seasons and couldn't get out of the East either time. Shaq is over-washed up, Jamison aged overnight, Mo Williams had another disappointing spring, Z is toast and the only bright spots are sideshow and Hickson.
                Really? The least? They have a finals appearance and back to back big time regular seasons and they offer the least chance? Jamison didn't age over night but he didn't integrate over night either. He will fit next year, it just didn't work this year. It happens. It happens to 28 teams who fail to make the finals each year. Shaq had no real role in their success this last season, no loss. Mo is one of the better PGs in the league, better than anything Toronto has for example. They have a full MLE, the BAE and an excellent reputation as long as James is in town. Vets looking to hook into a team to win a ring will want to play with him. They're looking better than most teams in the east.

Comment

In addition to that a new coach who has an actual offensive system will be able to get much more out of these guys than Mike Brown. Giving LeBron the ball every time down the court and telling him to create is not exactly my idea of an offensive scheme, even if LeBron is one of the best creators since Magic.

Comment

Get Bron's high school coach, sign Dru (HS point guard) lol

Comment

A finals appearance where they got swept and two pitiful exits in the post season. Look at the worst teams in the league. If he went to NJ he would have a great center, a good point guard, solid younger guys in CDR and Lee, the third pick. If he went to Minny he would have Love, Jefferson, Flynn and probably Rubio. The knicks aren't fair because they don't have anyone yet, but if he went there every other free agent in the league would falling over themselves to sign up. Washington might be the one team where he might be better off with the Cavs, but even then we don't know good Wall is going to be out of the gate.

Can he win a title going to one of these teams? Maybe, maybe not, but there is proven evidence that he can't win in Cleveland. In seven years the best player's he played with are Larry Hughes, Mo Williams and a washed up Jamison. The only list more pathetic is the history of raptor free agent acquisitions.

Jamison didn't fit in because he couldn't guard a one legged KG or hit a shot and Mo understandably couldn't even sniff Rondo, but he couldn't hit shots either to even out the match up. Bron doesn't need much to win a ring, but he does need a couple guys to show up. If he returns next year the team still wins 60, but they are a bunch of front runners who aren't built for the play offs and they don't have anyone other than Bron willing to take a big shot. Say what you want about Fisher, but the guys always delivers the goods. Almost any team that Bron went to would give him a better shot to win a title than just staying in Cleveland.

Comment

I agree that he will have the best shot at winning a championship in Cleveland, and not just a championship, but a legacy. I think because he's an Akron son, the management and city overall is very lenient with him, I dont think he'll get the same treatment from other teams. He can basically do whatever he wants in Cleveland. Fans just need to be patient. I agree with Apollo, get Jamison to learn the system a bit more and he'll be doing pick and rolls with lebron. the only downside is Jamison is not a good low-post defender, as we all saw when KG ate him alive during the semis. i think the only piece missing is an inside threat (like Pau to the lakers) If they can get Amare, or the skillset of a Brendan Haywood in there, i think theyll be alright.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                          A finals appearance where they got swept and two pitiful exits in the post season. Look at the worst teams in the league. If he went to NJ he would have a great center, a good point guard, solid younger guys in CDR and Lee, the third pick. If he went to Minny he would have Love, Jefferson, Flynn and probably Rubio. The knicks aren't fair because they don't have anyone yet, but if he went there every other free agent in the league would falling over themselves to sign up. Washington might be the one team where he might be better off with the Cavs, but even then we don't know good Wall is going to be out of the gate.

Can he win a title going to one of these teams? Maybe, maybe not, but there is proven evidence that he can't win in Cleveland. In seven years the best player's he played with are Larry Hughes, Mo Williams and a washed up Jamison. The only list more pathetic is the history of raptor free agent acquisitions.

Jamison didn't fit in because he couldn't guard a one legged KG or hit a shot and Mo understandably couldn't even sniff Rondo, but he couldn't hit shots either to even out the match up. Bron doesn't need much to win a ring, but he does need a couple guys to show up. If he returns next year the team still wins 60, but they are a bunch of front runners who aren't built for the play offs and they don't have anyone other than Bron willing to take a big shot. Say what you want about Fisher, but the guys always delivers the goods. Almost any team that Bron went to would give him a better shot to win a title than just staying in Cleveland.
                          I want LBJ to stay in Cleveland because this is the only way the Raps are going to have a chance to keep CB. Anywhere else he's rumored to end up in (NYC, NJ) Bosh can follow. If the Cavs do a sign and trade (If possible) for Bosh, I wont mind getting Jamison in return as long as JJ Hickson is included.

I dont think LBJ will think of going to NJ or Minny. Although both these teams have young studs, theyre just that, young studs. LBJ is looking for a ring. He needs savvy veterans around him. He needs playoff caliber players around him. Veterans will take you to the next level. I think the Cavs getting Jamison was great, they just didnt get him early enough. i dont think Jamison was able to completely adjust to the cavs system and that probably cost them the title.
                          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jun 2, 2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron stayed in Cleveland but I also wouldn't be surprised if he left. As for where the best place to win is, I think it's easily Chicago. If Sterling didn't own the Clippers, I'd pick them, but he does, so they're screwed. New Jersey would also be a good option. I'm not sold on Cleveland. I don't think Ferry has done a good job at all, and the only reason they've done as well as they have is because of LeBron. Shaq was a mistake, as was Antawn Jamison (although getting him for basically nothing was nice). They failed to surround LeBron with another All-Star despite cap room, a winning situation and LeBron being on the team. Ferry has collected a mishmash of different players, many of whom don't really compliment LeBron.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ferry and the Cavs brass listen to James a lot. James pretty much runs the show and moving forward he's only going to get more power. Suggesting James is going to bail because of mistakes like Shaq or maybe Jamison doesn't really make sense because really James calls the shots in Cleveland. He wanted Shaq and I'm pretty sure he wanted Jamison.

Comment

Working...
                              X