No announcement yet.

I Have Little Doubt that LeBron Will Sign with Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he moves to another team, it will be another year (even two) of adjusting to a new system, new coach, new management, new teammates....in cleveland, its already established he's the man. before you move, you have to see if lebron is open, if not, then you can shoot or drive. if he goes to another team, other players have different agendas. young guys want to prove themselves and will want a piece of the action. in cleveland, give the ball to lebron and everybody get the hell out of my way. i think he has the supporting cast he needs in cleveland, they just need to make it work to their advantage.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Ferry and the Cavs brass listen to James a lot. James pretty much runs the show and moving forward he's only going to get more power. Suggesting James is going to bail because of mistakes like Shaq or maybe Jamison doesn't really make sense because really James calls the shots in Cleveland. He wanted Shaq and I'm pretty sure he wanted Jamison.
      I'm not saying he's going to leave because of those moves. I am just pointing out that Cleveland is not in as good a position to win as others and that Ferry has, in fact, screwed up. That's especially true if it's LeBron who is making the decisions. Letting your star player make bad moves is not something a good GM would ever do.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Cav's have done an admirable job or attempting to surround Bron with pieces to win, but every single addition (outside of Sideshow) in the last 7 years has been a BCesque failure. Regardless of whether James has Ferry's ear, its organizations who makes the decisions and organizations who takes the fall when the team comes up short.

If the Cavs S&T a big piece like Amare they will be fine and I will again foolishly bet the farm on the Cav's to win, but outside of that they are still lacking anyone who can step up thier game in the post season.

I don't think he will go to Minny of NJ either, my point was that adding Bron to any other team in the league makes them better the current Cav's team. I think you are underestimating Bron's leadership abilities, the guy is the most charismatic leader since Magic and plays a similarly unselfish game. Everyone reveres Bron (minus Delonte) and if they didn't Bron would have them shipped Braylon style. His game and mentality perfectly mesh with any player or system because his game is universally adaptable.

You don't usually see teams title forged over a summer, but if Bron really did care about winning he would pick Chicago or Miami. If he wants to stay fine, but that's putting loyalty above winning, which is honorable, but you best believe MJ would have demanded a trade had the bulls never gone over the hump against Isiah. This whole worried about being MJ's legacy shadow is kind of redundant, the guy has to be worried about being compared to Dan Marino and Charles Barkley at this point.

Comment

Whose the last or even first successful player/gm? It doesn't work, MJ failed, Kobe failed, Iverson failed. Even the first collective player/gm summit with Ray, KG and Pierce wooing Rasheed was an epic fail. Riley is great because he didn't cow to Wade's demand for help and patiently waited for this summer to strike, but on the off chance Wade leaves he will be responsible for murdering basketball in Miami.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I'm not saying he's going to leave because of those moves. I am just pointing out that Cleveland is not in as good a position to win as others and that Ferry has, in fact, screwed up.
            Ferry hasn't screwed up. He's done everything that his star player with all the power wanted. He's been marketing Cleveland to him for a long time now.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            That's especially true if it's LeBron who is making the decisions. Letting your star player make bad moves is not something a good GM would ever do.
            You think LeBron views it like that?

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            The Cav's have done an admirable job or attempting to surround Bron with pieces to win, but every single addition (outside of Sideshow) in the last 7 years has been a BCesque failure. Regardless of whether James has Ferry's ear, its organizations who makes the decisions and organizations who takes the fall when the team comes up short.
            Riley isn't going to give LeBron the power he has in Cleveland, neither is Jerry Buss or D'Antoni and Walsh or Reinsdorf. LeBron wants to have a lot of power. If the rumors are true, wherever he goes he wants to be able to pick the coach even.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 2, 2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X