X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grange: Raptors To Draft a Big Man

Via Michael Grange and his Twitter account:

Raptors workout today: Ekpe Udoh, Daniel Orton, Larry Sanders, Cole Aldrich. With Bargnani only big certain to return; Raps will draft one
    Source - Click here

Meh, I don't care for Orton much at this point. Udoh, Aldrich, Monroe, or Ed Davis all work for me though. Cousins would be a dream at this point, but maybe BC can pull something out of the old hat.

Comment

I don't think Monroe or Davis will make it out of the top ten. Aldrich or Udoh should be the guy. They're everything Bargnani is not. They're everything the Raptors need in the paint. Tough call in the unlikely event both are available at 13. This certainly is a draft loaded with big men.

Comment

Common sense shouldn't be confused for insider knowledge, they often don't mix.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Meh, I don't care for Orton much at this point. Udoh, Aldrich, Monroe, or Ed Davis all work for me though. Cousins would be a dream at this point, but maybe BC can pull something out of the old hat.
          The only thing he'll pull out of a hat is an over-payment for Amir Johnson. Book it.

Comment

Yeah Cousins would love to be drafted by the Raptors and sign with them.

Tim Horton's
            Snacks & Baked Goods

Our variety of bagels, croissants, cookies and of course donuts, make a perfect snack or special treat anytime.
            http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/menu.html
            Originally Published: May 29, 2010
            DeMarcus Cousins: a 'weighty' issue

Kentucky product has the skills, but there are questions about his fitness and body fat.

LZ Granderson ESPN.com

In 1995, I was kneeling next to Allan Houston, getting quotes about Pistons rookie Grant Hill, when a huge shadow came across both of us like a slow-moving cloud. I thought the lights were going out until I realized it was just Oliver Miller walking by.

"The Big O," as he was called then, had his jersey off and I swear he looked like a shiny mudslide with legs.

"I can't believe that dude is a professional athlete," I told my editor later. "I would be surprised if he's on the team next year."
            cont on link

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...nderson/100529
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

What about Whiteside? 5 blocks per game?

Comment

I'd like to think D Cousins is in a little better game shape than what we saw here from The Big O, The Fat O as I called him. He was pretty skilled though...

I've seen both Monroe and Davis fall to the Raps in a couple mock drafts about a week and a half ago, but it is highly unlikely. Mock drafts don't mean shit as evidenced in the past NFL draft when Bruce Campbell slipped to round 4 after being touted top10. So who knows? I was more thinking about a trade up when I mentioned them.

Tbihis - if they manage to get into the early second round, Im hoping they can grab Jarvis Varnado NCAA all time leading shot blocker. He's a little undersized at 6'9" 210 but he'd be worth a shot. Heck, isn't Whiteside only 220?

Comment

if they manage to get into the early second round, Im hoping they can grab Jarvis Varnado NCAA all time leading shot blocker. He's a little undersized at 6'9" 210 but he'd be worth a shot. Heck, isn't Whiteside only 220?
                  Ya, and Whiteside's way too skinny to do anything for a few years. Both of them are going to get manhandled in the post for 3 or 4 years, at the very least.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think Daniel Orton is a steal for whoever gets him. I just get the feeling he's gonna be in the league for a LONG time, much like a Jamaal Magloire in his glory years.

Comment

I read yesterday there are some questions about his knees. That, of course, doesn't mean his knees will be an issue. Just look at Danny Granger.

Comment

Working...
                      X