This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Haywood Anyone?

If Bosh leaves, I think we need a genuine center who will complement Bargnani's game really well.

Enter Brendan Haywood. He's a decent rebounder and shot blocker and his defense seems pretty good as well. He's a big body and his offensive skills are not that bad either. He's 30 years old, which I think isn't that bad as he still has some good years left. As far as I remember, I think he's a pretty aggressive player, always something we can benefit from.

Thoughts? What do you think his price will be?

bodmon wrote: View Post
    Thoughts? What do you think his price will be?
    Above the MLE ... probably around $8 million per annum.

The Raptors cannot afford him.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Andrew Bynum is already packing.

Haywood will not be worth $8 mill... maybe at the end of a 5-year contract, but I'd say first-year $5-6 mill MAX.

Comment

He's making six right now. There are a lot of teams with a lot of cap and a lot of these teams are going to miss out on the big name free agents. I think he will receive some full MLE offers but I also would not be surprised if a couple desperate teams got into a little bidding war. $7-8M would still be very reasonable for a relatively young center who can go get you a double double and play solid defense. He is the best free agent center on the market this off-season.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
          Andrew Bynum is already packing.

Haywood will not be worth $8 mill... maybe at the end of a 5-year contract, but I'd say first-year $5-6 mill MAX.
          Big men get paid.

Comment

Haywood will be overpaid, and he's overrated really. I've always liked Haywood but playing for a Mavs team where he has a very defined role is where he excels. You bring him over to the Raptors and he'll try to do too much. For him to do what he does he needs to be on a stacked contender.

Comment

He'll definitely get his. If he only gets the full MLE, it'll be for a contender so teams like Toronto will have to step up their offer.

And to think that we were looking seriously at him during his draft year, and instead went with Michael Bradley IIRC.

Comment

Dallas will offer more than the MLE in order to hang onto Haywood. They are going to out-bid everyone else.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

If we do get him, we will have to overpay. Dallas will probably match too since Damp is getting old and Haywood pretty much has the same game as Damp.
                  Would be awesome tho to have him at the 5 and Bargs at the 4.
                  Attitude might be an issue, but Triano will set him in his place, hehehe

Comment

Well, not a single penny of Damp's contract is guaranteed for this year. So if it's not used in a trade I doubt Cuban would pay him the $13 M out of the goodness of his heart. So let him overpay for Haywood.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                      Haywood will be overpaid, and he's overrated really. I've always liked Haywood but playing for a Mavs team where he has a very defined role is where he excels. You bring him over to the Raptors and he'll try to do too much. For him to do what he does he needs to be on a stacked contender.
                      He played for the Mavs for a short time. He was highly effective in Washington as well.

Comment

The Knicks would be stupid to not overpay for him, but I think he stays in Dallas. But he is my number #1 (somewhat realistic) free-agent.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                        X